Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 06:29 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolific View Post
Awww, poor Donald. Oh no, a Bernie supporter?

That's right, run because you're scared you might get mean questions.

What's he going to do if he's elected? Demand only nice questions? Ban any media who doesn't properly worship him? Just like a good dictator?
The Republican party has turned on their frontrunner, with Fox leading the charge. He's simply avoiding an ambush, which is smart.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:32 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
What's he going to do if he's elected? Demand only nice questions? Ban any media who doesn't properly worship him? Just like a good dictator?
Yes

Old 01-28-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
They were going to ambush Trump with youtube questions. One Bernie supporter, one radical Muslim activist, and one illegal immigrant. I would avoid an ambush if I could, that's jus smart.
I would too, unless my job (or the job I was applying for) required me to stand up to an ambush. What if our military went AWOL if they expected an ambush. I think the correct response if you know an ambush is coming is to prepare for it, be tactical, and defeat it. If he did that, he may get my respect.

The thing that Trump (and his supporters) don't get is that this is supposed to be about our nation, not about him. Not getting that automatically disqualifies him. Obama, Bush, and all Presidents in my lifetime: I may not have liked them, but they served for our country, not just for themselves.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Yes
Like Obama?

I don't think Trump is that cowardly. He goes on all the news networks and has been an open book.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I would too, unless my job (or the job I was applying for) required me to stand up to an ambush. What if our military went AWOL if they expected an ambush. I think the correct response if you know an ambush is coming is to prepare for it, be tactical, and defeat it. If he did that, he may get my respect.

The thing that Trump (and his supporters) don't get is that this is supposed to be about our nation, not about him. Not getting that automatically disqualifies him. Obama, Bush, and all Presidents in my lifetime: I may not have liked them, but they served for our country, not just for themselves.
This ambush is equivalent to members of your own naval base turning on you.

The Republican party and the media are corrupt entities who deserve no respect or ratings from Trump.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:41 AM

286 posts, read 150,286 times
Quote:
The Republican party has turned on their frontrunner, with Fox leading the charge. He's simply avoiding an ambush, which is smart.
No they're not and no he isn't.

He's just using it as a way to run away, he knows it's getting to the point where he might have to actually answer with substance instead of his usual word salad.

He's also exploiting our veterans and using them as a political stunt and to take shots at Fox. Pretty obvious that he's never done this before at his rallies.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Once again, Trump has succeeded in turning the spotlight onto himself. This time at the expense of Fox News, who have shown themselves to be slow learners in this campaign. Deliberately goading their party's frontrunner has blown up in their GOP establishment faces.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:46 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,469,703 times
Trump is a businessman. Why should he help a company that despises him make money? Everyone knows its Trump who draws the viewers. Heck even without him there, he'll still be the talk of the town. All these clowns do is talk. You can't stop talking about him folks, you're obsessed. I just hope for all of your sake that your obsession isn't pathological; otherwise it'd be incurable, and you're really ****ed!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
No they're not and no he isn't.

He's just using it as a way to run away, he knows it's getting to the point where he might have to actually answer with substance instead of his usual word salad.

He's also exploiting our veterans and using them as a political stunt and to take shots at Fox. Pretty obvious that he's never done this before at his rallies.

He has always supported vets. He's very charitable and just doesn't crow about it.

He's not scared to debate, he's been at every one and has done well and stays the frontrunner.

It shows leadership on his part to skip a debate that is framed (like they all have been) to ambush him. He is more respectable than the sock puppets who will be on stage tonight.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
This ambush is equivalent to members of your own naval base turning on you.
OK, so a good General, if they knew this was going to happen would be prepared, he wouldn't go away with his tail between his legs.

Quote:
The Republican party and the media are corrupt entities.
I agree (and yes, I will apply that to the Democratic Party too!) I deleted the last part, not because I don't agree, but because it's irrelevant. They may not deserve his respect, but if he really wants to SERVE our country, then he's ot to deal with it, at least long enough to get in so he can make changes and fix it. (I still think he's trying to bow out gracefully)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections