Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 02:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If your stated primary example of why you are qualified to be president is that you are a great businessman, it is an example that you aren't.
well, if you believe a great businessman cannot file bankruptcy, then you don't know much about business.

Sorry nothing personal.

Despite his reputation as one of the most important innovators and entrepreneurs of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Henry Ford was no stranger to debt. He went bankrupt in 1901 and reorganized into the Henry Ford Company later that year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 02:30 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
Are politics in the US so bad that a majority of voters are willing to let a fox in our hen house?

Old 02-13-2016, 02:35 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Trump is for Trump. Always has been. Dont get fooled so easily by this guy. He will play along to get along when he needs to to suit his needs. He just said last week that he can change just like that to whatever he needs to be.

This man would do a deal with Satan if it benefited him, and you all know it. No, he didn't donate to and pal around with liberals like the Clintons and Pelosi because theyre great friends. He did it because he has no morals and he needed to do what he had to do for $$$$ reasons. He is an outright fraud and playing all of you for fools.

At the very start, I liked the guy. That's before I knew much about him. He didn't change along the way because he evolved on beliefs or morals. He changes when it suits him best. He has no real value, beliefs or morals. The only thing he cares about is Trump; Im not sure how that can't be any more obvious. He doesnt hide it very well.
And you support Hillary or Bernie?

Old 02-13-2016, 02:36 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, if you believe a great businessman cannot file bankruptcy, then you don't know much about business.

Sorry nothing personal.

Despite his reputation as one of the most important innovators and entrepreneurs of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Henry Ford was no stranger to debt. He went bankrupt in 1901 and reorganized into the Henry Ford Company later that year.
Trump went bankrupt 4 times in a 25 year span, during the last 20 years slightly less than 5% of large companies (Trump et al fits in that catagory) have declared bankruptcy. It isn't that common.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:39 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Sound familar, doesn't it? I don't get how his supporters fail to see the similarities between Trump and the current White House resident.

There is no comparison! Especially on immigration; Obama wants open borders (just like Hillary and Sanders) Trump does not. Obama, Hillary and Sanders will not stem the tide of outsourcing; they do not consider it a problem (but most of the other one world order followers also do not). Trump is a businessman; the other three are not. Two of the three were groomed to rule as royalty.

Whether you want Trump or not; it still looks as if he has the best shot at the nomination. Then there will be a very good chance that he will become our next President. Of course time will tell and nobody can see the future.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Trump went bankrupt 4 times in a 25 year span, during the last 20 years slightly less than 5% of large companies (Trump et al fits in that catagory) have declared bankruptcy. It isn't that common.
well, now you changed your words into "it isn't that common".

Too bad, I don't agree with you. I think we can agree to disagree.

by the way, what about Walk Disney, filed bankruptcy at least three times, not very common.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:42 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, now you changed your words into "it isn't that common".

Too bad, I don't agree with you. I think we can agree to disagree.
I haven't changed my words. Declaring bankruptcy is not that common for large businesses. Most don't do it once in the time frame Trump did it four times. The 95% managed to run a business without declaring bankruptcy at all.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I haven't changed my words. Declaring bankruptcy is not that common for large businesses. Most don't do it once in the time frame Trump did it four times. The 95% managed to run a business without declaring bankruptcy at all.
There are a lot of reasons not to like Trump, bankruptcy is not one of them. But I can only speak for myself.
Like I said, agree to disagree.

By the way

Atlantic City lawyer Viscount doesn’t believe Donald Trump himself should be held accountable for any of his company’s bankruptcies — his creditors, he said, knew what they were getting themselves into when they lent Trump money over and over again. “They’re all big boys and girls,” he said. “They’ve all played this game before, in the insolvency space. The company that possessed his name filed bankruptcy because it was overleveraged. What does that tell you? People want to lend him money. He does grandiose things with it.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoco.../#375b18916f7a

above is the article explaining how Trump made bankruptcy work for him.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:53 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Trump-knows what the real issue is and addresses it.
Cruz--born in Canada.
Rubio-thinks poor illegals just want to help their families while they are destroying our country.
Bush-Cares more for Mexicans than he does Americans.
Carson-is a good doctor.
Kasich-more Democrat than Republican.

Now what did you say about Trump? At least he knows what needs to be done. I don't care how honest and gifted a person is because if they are not working for the right outcome it won't happen. I would rather take my chances on someone who at least says the right thing. Show me somebody better who is for deporting all illegals and I will vote for them.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
No President gets everything he wants accomplished.
Sanders has NEVER gotten ANYTHING he's wanted since he's entered public life. NOT ONE bill he has proposed has ever been passed into law..

He's ALWAYS been a failure..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections