Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 05:18 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So of course people want to be like Donald Trump. That doesn't mean he will turn their pumpkins into shiny carriages.

Supporters don't want to be 'like Donald Trump' anymore than Cruz fans want to be 'like Cruz' or Clinton fans want to be 'like Hillary'.I really doubt Bernie Sanders young supporters are in any hurry to become 'like their crazy great uncle'.

Cruz,Clinton,Bush,Sanders,Rubio,Kasich,or Gilmore aren't going to turn my pumpkin into a shiny carriage either.

ALL presidential candidates have huge or yuge egos.They all think they are brilliant and worthy of our support and adoration.They all want to be remembered forever and being an ex-president is about as close to immortality as any human will ever get.

If Trump gets elected he may be successful or he may not be,only time will tell.He's not going to want to fail,i'm sure he'll surround himself with smart people to advise him.Again,how that works out only time will tell.

I wasn't a Trump fan at all six months ago.I'm still not a huge fan but of those still in the race I think he has the best chance of helping the economy and the least chance of wasting a bunch of time blathering on about social issues that no president can do much about anyway.

None of the people running are the 'messiah'.They are all mortal and none are in the race out of a 'love of public service' or some other 'noble calling'.We all need to understand this and vote for the person we think will move things in the direction we want.If successful they get their legacy and we get the country we want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 05:20 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Trump is for Trump. Always has been. Dont get fooled so easily by this guy. He will play along to get along when he needs to to suit his needs. He just said last week that he can change just like that to whatever he needs to be.

This man would do a deal with Satan if it benefited him, and you all know it. No, he didn't donate to and pal around with liberals like the Clintons and Pelosi because theyre great friends. He did it because he has no morals and he needed to do what he had to do for $$$$ reasons. He is an outright fraud and playing all of you for fools.

At the very start, I liked the guy. That's before I knew much about him. He didn't change along the way because he evolved on beliefs or morals. He changes when it suits him best. He has no real value, beliefs or morals. The only thing he cares about is Trump; Im not sure how that can't be any more obvious. He doesnt hide it very well.
Why stop at just Trump? Your rant would fit the name of any politician or big business owners [like the Koch family for example]. You think he has no morals for buying politicians .. what do you think about the politicians that are for sale? Yeah, you give them a pass, don't you.

What exactly is he hiding? He's the only one, out of all the candidates, that brings up his past actions himself, and, doesn't deny what he's [truthfully] done when it happens to be brought up by someone else.

'He has no values, beliefs or morals and only cares about is himself' you say? When someone that he'd never heard of before had called him up out of the blue and asked for help in flying his sick son across the country to go to a certain hospital, Trump immediately sent his jet to fly them to that hospital [just one example of how he personally/financially helps others for no reason but just to help].
Look at his kids, do you see them splashed over the airwaves and in the media rags for acting like spoiled rich kids [Paris Hilton, the "affluenza" teen or the Menendez brothers for examples]? NO you don't. He obviously cared enough to raise them right.

smh

Old 02-12-2016, 05:25 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What candidate doesnt light up when people show up in huge numbers to see them?

ANY candidate would have to have some type of ego in order to run in the first place.
I sense that Hillary phones it in on the campaign trail. I think she hates dealing with the little people and only does it because she has to.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post

I wasn't a Trump fan at all six months ago.I'm still not a huge fan but of those still in the race I think he has the best chance of helping the economy and the least chance of wasting a bunch of time blathering on about social issues that no president can do much about anyway.
I guess we each need to choose what's most important. I just can't vote for someone who says he wants to use waterboarding and believes worse torture will produce better results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
None of the people running are the 'messiah'.They are all mortal and none are in the race out of a 'love of public service' or some other 'noble calling'.We all need to understand this and vote for the person we think will move things in the direction we want.If successful they get their legacy and we get the country we want.
Well, I do agree that no politician is the messiah. However, I also believe many people run for political office to make a difference.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm still waiting to hear who it is all you anti-Trumps who have posted in this thread support for president. Not only that, tell us why your candidate is is perfect and without flaws.
I support Cruz. Being merely mortal, he is neither perfect nor without flaws. That is a false argument, since all candidates running for office are human and thus are flawed.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:29 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Do you want him to be a recluse, a wallflower?

I pick recluse. Yes.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Not even remotely close. Obama can spit out policy in his sleep; Trump probably thinks mustard gas is made with actual mustard.

If you have a problem with the policies Obama failed to enact, direct your anger to the GOP-house and their obstructionist policies.
I have no anger at anyone who STOPPED Obama's policies. The real anger towards him comes from those who believed in him and were dealt the blow of reality since he has taken office.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:35 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If he cared only for himself, he would retire and enjoy his billions and never work again.
I disagree. Trump has a desire/need for public attention. If he retired to enjoy his billions, that desire/need would not be satiated.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
If he is really worth $10 billion, $400K per year salary as POTUS is like $0.0004 to the rest of us. After taxes, it would be maybe half that. So, why would he care . . . . would you care about $0.0004? All the free publicity he has been getting 24/7 for the last 8 months is worth billions of dollars to his "brand."

Mick
Yes, he is getting so much free publicity. He also promotes his book in most (or all) of his rallies. He even compared it with the Bible. Maybe that was supposed to be funny, but I'm puzzled that most Christians don't find that offensive.

Anyway, the average cost of a 30 second Superbowl commercial this year was $5 million. Donald Trump gets all the mass media coverage for free.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I have no anger at anyone who STOPPED Obama's policies. The real anger towards him comes from those who believed in him and were dealt the blow of reality since he has taken office.

Well, in part I am one of those people, although I also believe he's accomplished a lot in 7 years. However, maybe this is why Hillary Clinton is telling voters that, although we all have dreams, we shouldn't be promised the moon if it can't be delivered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections