Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
There will always people voting for those who wish to persecute them. The republican party has made it abundantly clear that they hate us. Heck, they even banned their own gay group (GOProud) from their convention last year.
Tell that to our gay fosters daughter and her wife's room mate. She is also gay, a member of PITA also and is supporting Trump because she and her friends, the gals she runs around with are all Republicans. Also tell this to the Log Cabin Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 10:28 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Political clout. Sort of like Trumps donors.. ahem.. I mean "investors" are banking on clout when they back failing Trump endeavors.
Those who have done business with Trump either get a product (property development, etc.) or an equity stake (partial ownership) for the money they've paid.

What are the DEATH penalty for LGBTs countries getting in return for the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars they're giving to Hillary?

It's a serious question EVERY LGBT, their family, and friends should be asking, but they don't.

Quote:
The Clinton Foundation should have rejected the Saudi donations. Trump should have rejected Saudi investment. Same difference.
Not the same AT ALL, and I've just explained why.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:40 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
but, but but...I thought they were running to Trump in "droves" after the Orlando incident?!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:50 AM

1,683 posts, read 812,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
but, but but...I thought they were running to Trump in "droves" after the Orlando incident?!
The only demographic left with any significant support for drumpf are lower educated rural whites. (majority of those are male)

That eliminates lots of other demographics, doesn't it?

Old 06-17-2016, 10:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What are the DEATH penalty for LGBTs countries getting in return for the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars they're giving to Hillary?

Not the same AT ALL, and I've just explained why.
Repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over again doesn't "explain" anything except that you are very good at repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

To which I fully expect you to repeat the same thing yet again.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:47 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Wow, that's really quite incredible. Especially since trump is rather pro-gay by republican standards.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:23 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over again doesn't "explain" anything except that you are very good at repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.
And let me guess... You voted for Obama... TWICE.

Obama is THE ONLY president in American history to serve two complete terms with the nation at war. And the wealth and income gaps have widened during Obama's 2 terms.

American idiots voted for someone who gave them exactly the opposite of what they said they wanted... TWICE.

Honestly... You can't make up that stuff. Truth is stranger than fiction.

That's why some believe low-info voters need facts repeated over and over again for them to sink in.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
The only demographic left with any significant support for drumpf are lower educated rural whites. (majority of those are male)

That eliminates lots of other demographics, doesn't it?
again you are wrong. I would not say our good friends in NJ, he has a PHD from Stanford is lower income, or our good friends here or hubby's cousins, engineers with masters. I could go on and on: our grandson in law, with 8 patents is supporting him. As are our granddaughter's, our daughter and myself. There are a lot of people who are very educated and very intelligent that support him. This is not the majority I realize, and of course there are many groups that are not supporting him, but don't assume only the uneducated are the only group. there are several posters right here, who are not uneducated or uninformed that stick by him through thick and thin. Has it dawned on you, people can disagree but that does not make them stupid in most cases. I could say only people who want the government to support them, or only support Hillary because they want a woman president are supporting her. But that isn't true.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:08 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
again you are wrong. I would not say our good friends in NJ, he has a PHD from Stanford is lower income, or our good friends here or hubby's cousins, engineers with masters. I could go on and on: our grandson in law, with 8 patents is supporting him. As are our granddaughter's, our daughter and myself. There are a lot of people who are very educated and very intelligent that support him. This is not the majority I realize, and of course there are many groups that are not supporting him, but don't assume only the uneducated are the only group. there are several posters right here, who are not uneducated or uninformed that stick by him through thick and thin. Has it dawned on you, people can disagree but that does not make them stupid in most cases. I could say only people who want the government to support them, or only support Hillary because they want a woman president are supporting her. But that isn't true.
Anecdotes.

I know no one who supports Donald Trump. Therefore, no one supports Donald Trump, right?

Old 06-17-2016, 01:50 PM

1,683 posts, read 812,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Anecdotes.

I know no one who supports Donald Trump. Therefore, no one supports Donald Trump, right?
Instead of anecdotes (example: "I saw a video on YouTube and this one voter said: "_______ which means candidate ____________ has a ton of support from _____________ demographic")...

There is actually REAL legit polling out there and pollsters are spending a mint to do it. The one warning is that they can only call landlines and many younger voters only have a cell phone. Thus whoever is doing better with the younger voters, add a couple of percent to whatever they found out. Another thing, people live in rural areas without cell service still in certain places.

So with those factors in mind... you can reasonably take a couple of percent from the candidate supported more from older and rural voters (trump) and add a couple of percent to HRC.

Example:
The last three poll in the last week were
Rasmussen: HRC +5
Reuters: HRC +9
Bloomberg: HRC +12

or Clinton up by almost average of 9. Adjusting for the landline and rural factors... Clinton is really up probably 14% Polls that had Johnson/Weld included were more lopsided in favor of Clinton.

The only recent poll with Johnson/Weld AND the green party... Clinton was already up 10 before the landline or rural figured in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections