Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 08:17 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Michelle wrote her speech. Don't forget, Michelle is a Harvard educated lawyer who knows how to write. She wrote her speech weeks before she had to give it so she could practice it a lot.
Really? How do you know that?

I'm quite sure she is/was capable of writing her own speech especially given her education.

I'm equally sure she did not write her speech, but instead just like Melania met with speech writers, gave bullet points and personal info the speech writer/s wouldn't know. Probably multiple drafts which she worked with them to tweak.......etc.

What mother of small children, who was also working the campaign trail, would not use professional speech writers available to the potential first lady? Only an idiot. I'm not a fan of the Obama's political policies, but I don't think they are that stupid.

Just like saying if you had access to people to clean your house, you would opt to do it yourself. Ridiculous.

You are just naïve if you believe what you posted. Of course, she used professional speech writers. Do you also think she cleans the living quarters at the White House when she has paid staff to do that for her?

Old 07-19-2016, 08:18 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,457,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
None of what you said has any relevance to your original post and what I said!

Hook them one at a time, sure; but it has NOTHING to do with the original point.

Name recognition. Sure, that's important. Again, nothing to do with the original point unless you're trying to argue the RNC isn't already giving him name recognition.

People are talking about Trump.... Hello McFly! People are already talking about Trump!

Who said people don't care?? My whole point is that people DO care, a whole lot! And they are paying attention!! So the silly idea that Trump needs to purposely generates bad publicity just to get his name out there is asinine!

KEEP BELIEVING.
Even though you are totally wrong, it will make you feel better about yourself!

Hillary?

HA.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:21 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I'm pretty sure every political speech ever used ideas, terms and phrases of other speeches before them. What was copied here was not something Michelle Obama invented out of nothing, words just get moved around and tweaked to make it sound new and fresh. This paragraph just missed a step!

Old 07-19-2016, 08:30 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The big difference is Trump practically accuses Obama of sponsoring terrorism and cop killing, even as Wife #3 plagiarizes Michelle!

Trump is the joke that keeps on giving.
To be fair, I honestly doubt Trump's wife wrote her speech. I thought her delivery was excellent. What really impressed me was her good memorization. She never tripped up once, and that's pretty hard to do when English isn't a person's first language.

And I'm pretty sure there's some speech writer out in the alley somewhere, still trying to get back on his feet after the thumping he got.

Its very common for speech writers to use someone else's effective speech of the past. The trick is to re-phrase all the best parts carefully enough to avoid plagiarizing. More than one sad politician has had his ship broken in half on those rocks.

And I doubt Mrs. Trump will be seen much after this. She was already reluctant to go on stage earlier, and I'll bet she's even more so now.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:39 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,895 times
Good grief, why is it every time Trump messes up, someone has to say well Obama did this, or Hillary did that..

Donalds lack of preparation is starting to catch up with him. He has no one to blame for Melanias snafu but himself.

And yes, apparently Obama did quote some lines from Duval, the difference is, he OWNED up to do it, and apologized.

If Trumps campaign would just say yeah we borrowed some lines, it was inspiring, this wouldve been over. However he can NEVER admit he is wrong. Now they are digging up other stuff on Melania. For instance, she claims she graduated from college with a degree in Architecture, which is printed in the RNC materials, well that is a lie. She dropped out of college. If Donald wasnt so busy trying to be larger than life, and left her just be a doting spouse, none of this wouldve happened. But now he has her lying in print about her education, and there is blood in the water. They will double check everything. This all couldve been avoided if he or she just admitted she bit Michelles speech.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:46 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Default James Carville thinks Melania's presentation was sabotaged.

Carville suspects a saboteur inserted the lines of controversy into Melania's prepared speech.

Someone may have sabotaged Melania Trump's RNC speech - NY Daily News

Old 07-19-2016, 08:49 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Hypocrisies Galore: Trump Slammed Biden for Plagiarism, But How Much Has Trump Plagiarized? | RedState

Trump bashed Biden for plagiarizing and claimed that he never has, but he, Donald Trump, himself has copied others on multiple occasions.

Interesting the hypocrisy on both sides.

Yes, just like Obama, Hillary, etc...have copied words and ideas unsourced.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:58 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Carville suspects a saboteur inserted the lines of controversy into Melania's prepared speech.

I was actually wondering about that too.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:59 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,460,552 times
Michelle Obama Copied Alinsky in Speech Melania Trump Plagiarized

I will not vacillate, I will not equivocate AND I shall be heard

The political realm is rife with 'borrowed' and 'embellished' words. There are only so many, and well, certain things do ring universally to most everyone so what are you going to do??

I just plagiarized William Lloyd Garrison so there.....

Old 07-19-2016, 09:00 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
NY Daily News:

_"James Carville says someone sabotaged Melania Trump’s RNC speech by adding lines from Michelle Obama’s 2008 remarks"_

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections