Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Democrat Would have Best Chance at Beating Trump in 2020 for President?
Elizabeth Warren 19 17.12%
Jason Kander 6 5.41%
Tim Kaine 5 4.50%
Tim Ryan 5 4.50%
Keith Ellison 6 5.41%
other (explain) 70 63.06%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 06:17 AM

28,912 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by avondalist View Post
he's also thinking of having jill stein as his running mate.

Franken-stein 2020!
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 05:10 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
A comedian and a fake Indian
Why not?
We already have a comedian with a fake tan and a real Serb for a wife.

Small little jump sideways is all it would be.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:12 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why not?
We already have a comedian with a fake tan and a real Serb for a wife.

Small little jump sideways is all it would be.
After having a Nobel Peace prize candidate who got us into 3 additional wars then the previous Republican nothing would surprise me.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:21 AM

524 posts, read 362,116 times
Has Al Franken and Lewis Black ever been seen together?.......hmmm

Old 04-02-2017, 06:20 AM

895 posts, read 2,096,884 times
Idiot really let a couple of Chinese people take the state to the cleaners with the Lindenberg deal. I think that all he needed was a big smile from the Chinese lady and he was ready to fork over cash.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

What do you think of his chances?
Slim to nonexistent.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:12 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,490,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
There are plenty of us Independents and left center Democrats who would vote for them. Bernie is certainly not my type!
I'm center-left and I could support a moderate but not a DINO like Joe Manchin.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:12 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Please explain? Actually the Democratic party made it clear that even non U.S. citizens, illegal immigrants were more important to the Democrat party than rust belt voters so naturally rust belt voters moved right and voted Republican. What did you expect? Democrats thought they had the rust belt in the bag just like they think they have all African Americans in the bag. As Julia Roberts said in Pretty Woman... Big mistake.
Why does the election for President have to be about "me, me, me." So Trump made lots of claims about what he would do for the rust belt if he won. But it's a much bigger deal to avoid nuclear war, keep the economy running, protect the environment, and get along with our allies. The US will not continue to be a great nation if we don't have a President who can do these things. The Rust Belt voted Trump in, and we'll see if he can bring your jobs back. However, the bigger picture is much more important for our entire country.

Hillary would certainly have been a much better President on these major issues than Trump. And she just may have been able to re-energize the economy to bring jobs to the Rust Belt, as well.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Why does the election for President have to be about "me, me, me." So Trump made lots of claims about what he would do for the rust belt if he won. But it's a much bigger deal to avoid nuclear war, keep the economy running, protect the environment, and get along with our allies. The US will not continue to be a great nation if we don't have a President who can do these things. The Rust Belt voted Trump in, and we'll see if he can bring your jobs back. However, the bigger picture is much more important for our entire country.

Hillary would certainly have been a much better President on these major issues than Trump. And she just may have been able to re-energize the economy to bring jobs to the Rust Belt, as well.
What? lol Yes, there are more important issues than putting man in the women's bathroom. More important things than the wants of NY and CA. And Hillary promised to be Obama 2.0. Obviously Obama 1.0 didn't work out so well for the rust belt and thats why they didn't want Obama 2.0. Pretty simple if you'd look past your nose. Now you get to feel what rust belt voters felt while you worshipped Obama.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:

Progressives have lavished attention on the poor for over a century. That (combined with other factors) led to social programs targeting them. Means-tested programs that help the poor but exclude the middle may keep costs and tax rates lower, but they are a recipe for class conflict. Remember when President Obama sold Obamacare by pointing out that it delivered health care to 20 million people? Just another program that taxed the middle class to help the poor

Example: 28.3% of poor families receive child-care subsidies, which are largely nonexistent for the middle class. So my sister-in-law worked full-time for Head Start, providing free child care for poor women while earning so little that she almost couldn’t pay for her own. She resented this, especially the fact that some of the kids’ moms did not work.

https://hbr.org/2016/11/what-so-many...-working-class
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections