Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 11:16 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Should Texans get healthcare from Colorado too when Cruz votes along with the GOP to remove pre-existing conditions from health coverage?
Why in the world would anybody be in favor of removing pre-existing conditions from health coverage? That is something that would have effect on just about everybody. Almost everybody has at least one close relative who has a pre-existing condition. I don't know why anybody would be in favor of that relative losing their health coverage because they changed jobs and lost their pre-existing meds. Are Cruz/conservatives really in favor of something like that, even it means their own mother lose her coverage for her pre-existing diabetes? Or when a husband changes jobs and loses his coverage for his pre-existing skin cancer? That's just downright mean to treat somebody like that. I'd be worried about Karma coming for me if I was in favor of that.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:20 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Why in the world would anybody be in favor of removing pre-existing conditions from health coverage. That is something that would have effect on just about everybody. Almost everybody has at least one close relative who has a pre-existing condition. I don't know why anybody would be in favor of that person losing their health coverage because they changed jobs and lost their pre-existing meds. Are Cruz/conservatives really in favor of something like that, even it means their own mother lose her coverage for her pre-existing diabetes? Or when a husband changes jobs and loses his coverage for his pre-existing skin cancer? Don't the people have any rights anymore? Or is it all about saving the insurance companies money?
That’s the way it used to be, but I don’t think they’ll ever get rid of it now. It’s too popular. Even Republicans want to get re-elected.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:28 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
I honestly don't understand how anyone could vote for a sniveling worm like Cruz.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:25 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I honestly don't understand how anyone could vote for a sniveling worm like Cruz.
Me either. The man has no pride. The way Trump put an unflattering picture of Ted Cruz's wife next to a picture of Melania and asked the crowd who would be the prettiest 1st Lady and of course the crowd thought it was so hilarious, and then the media rubs it in and shows that moment at least 100 times over the next few days until everybody has seen those pictures. Not long after that, Trump claimed that Cruz's daddy was involved with Oswald and the assasination of President Kennedy, and Cruz doesn't do a thing, really. He called Trump a bunch of names but that was about all he did. He talked tough like he was gonna kick Donald's fat a$$, but he didn't even so much as challenge Donald to an arm wreslin match. He had all kinds of names for DJT, but he totally swallowed what must have been the last of his pride when he was getting nervous that Beto was so close in the polls, he practically got on his knees and begged DJT to come campaign for him in Texas. These same 2 guys who called each other liars on several occasions. I lost respect for Cruz as a US Senator. I cringe everytime I see Cruz on tv because I see a man who has no pride when it comes to politics, even if it means selling out his own family to get elected. What a power hungry wuss Cruz has turned out to be.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 10-27-2018 at 12:37 AM..

Old 10-27-2018, 11:09 AM

22 posts, read 16,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
It's distressing to me to think there are so many one issue voters, but you are probably right. It's sad because there are more issues at hand than just picking the one that is most important to you and each issue is important.

My neighbor says he wants his tax dollars to go towards health care, not the latest technology in military. I said, fine and dandy, but as a result of having an outdated military in the event of an attack and the country is overtaken by a not so 'free thinking' country, I would think at that time health care would be the least of your concerns.

I'm not a pot smoker, but if I were, I would hate to think I voted for someone based solely on the fact they are for legalizing marijuana.

There's no free anything, someone is paying or it and that someone is all of us, not just taxpayers. Most people know how and a lot of them are in the position to recoup their tax dollars by increasing their prices to the public which is how everyone at some point is involved. So, being able to buy legal marijuana may sound great to some people, but if the country goes bankrupt (or we could go into another Great Depression, who knows) and you don't have a thin dime in your pockets, I don't think being able to go to the corner store and buy a bag of pot is going to benefit you any.

I listen to some of these political commercials and they just spill out one thing after another that they want to do for this country. Let's see, there's refuge to the hordes of illegal immigrants needing food/shelter (which they don't won't to say this, but it will take more law enforcement to try and protect us from the criminal element coming in with them to do us harm and there will be some, don't kid yourself, so overall, talking big bucks here). IDK I guess they just focused on every group out there and came up with what they thought they could offer to each of them that they'd be most interested in so they could lure their vote in (like women's issues, disability and senior issues, etc. and oh yeah, that voter who wants his legal marijuana. I guess a chicken in every pot. So, I say it sounds like party time, but again, who's going to be paying for all of this? The government (that'd be us chickens) is broke now or damn near it.

I will say I don't always agree with everything a candidate is or isn't for, but I would hate to think I'd vote for anyone based on the one issue that was the most important to me. I look at the entire picture and that's what everyone should do. Why? Because it is important.

When people ask what the hell is wrong with this country anymore, I guess we can say, well, everyone just picked the one thing they wanted most and then voted for the person who said they wanted to give it to them. Sad, sad, sad day.
I am sorry but if you think America's military is even remotely "outdated" you are not an informed citizen.

The United States spends more on national defense than China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, India, France, United Kingdom, and Japan combined. Last year we spent $610 BILLION DOLLARS!

Asking that our government reprioritize OUR tax dollars towards things like healthcare or education is not much to ask and it certainly won't be the destruction of America as your post insinuates.

Old 10-27-2018, 03:43 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaminofvickery View Post
I am sorry but if you think America's military is even remotely "outdated" you are not an informed citizen.

The United States spends more on national defense than China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, India, France, United Kingdom, and Japan combined. Last year we spent $610 BILLION DOLLARS!

Asking that our government reprioritize OUR tax dollars towards things like healthcare or education is not much to ask and it certainly won't be the destruction of America as your post insinuates.
I hate it when people cannot comprehend what they read. First, I never said or even insinuated our military was outdated. You should go back and re-read what I did say. Nowhere did I mention any figures of what our government spends on the military. What I did say was "My neighbor says he wants his tax dollars to go towards health care, not the latest technology in military." Two separate cans of worms here.

If you are still having a problem deciphering what I am saying, try the same approach on any government budget - education, healthcare, you name it and you should be able to figure out pretty damn quick, it's not the amount of money poured into the programs, it's how the money is utilized. This is what I'm talking about and I thought it was self explanatory the first time.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:42 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,511,139 times
Default PLEASE vote for Beto and here's why

JUST SAY NO TO TED CRUZ PLEASE

Denton, West Texas, Ft. Worthians, and other Texans
For the 1 fact alone that Beto is against fracking-I say please vote for him!

Our beautiful Texas and our drinking water is at stake. Fracking causes earthquakes and potentially sinkholes if they are drilling near water aquifers.

NM official says Texas landowners are “stealing” millions of gallons of water; selling it back for fracking - News - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - Lubbock, TX

Group seeks fracking ban in Texas town | Al Jazeera America

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ur-communities

https://www.ecowatch.com/fracking-bo...881837670.html

Scientific article on fracking. https://sciencing.com/what-is-the-re...-13400292.html

From that article “In operations where mining activities removes gas or oil through fracking, much of the wastewater is inserted back into the same area without causing earthquakes or sinkholes. But in areas where wastewater wells are drilled to receive the byproducts of these mining operations, these fluids are inserted into areas never before drilled, causing an increase in subterranean pressure that often lead to human-induced earthquakes.”

The original meaning of conservative is a very positive word that conveys conservation, prudence and carefulness. I think it is fair to return to those values. Liberals and conservatives both have love of “home” and the environment they live in-please join me in voting for Beto.

Beto’s score card for Conservation voting Beto O'Rourke | League of Conservation Voters Scorecard

Maybe Cruz’s pro-fracking stance is partly based on his anti-clean water stance? https://www.lcv.org/article/ted-cruz...-water-issues/
If we don’t have clean water-we are all going to die. Cruz is not for us.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:05 AM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Ted Cruz is one of the greatest senators. He speaks up for freedom and for the American people. I am looking forward to seeing President Ted Cruz in 2024!!!

https://barbwire.com/ted-cruz-senate-accomplishments/

Old 10-28-2018, 04:47 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:

Our beautiful Texas and our drinking water is at stake. Fracking causes earthquakes and potentially sinkholes if they are drilling near water aquifers.

NM official says Texas landowners are “stealing” millions of gallons of water; selling it back for fracking - News - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - Lubbock, TX

Scientific article on fracking. https://sciencing.com/what-is-the-re...-13400292.html

From that article “In operations where mining activities removes gas or oil through fracking, much of the wastewater is inserted back into the same area without causing earthquakes or sinkholes. But in areas where wastewater wells are drilled to receive the byproducts of these mining operations, these fluids are inserted into areas never before drilled, causing an increase in subterranean pressure that often lead to human-induced earthquakes.”

The original meaning of conservative is a very positive word that conveys conservation, prudence and carefulness. I think it is fair to return to those values. Liberals and conservatives both have love of “home” and the environment they live in-please join me in voting for Beto.

Beto’s score card for Conservation voting Beto O'Rourke | League of Conservation Voters Scorecard

Maybe Cruz’s pro-fracking stance is partly based on his anti-clean water stance? https://www.lcv.org/article/ted-cruz...-water-issues/
Settle Down -- we are NOT "all going to die" if Ted Cruz is elected.

I don't get my news from wacky media - not from Al-Jazeera or the The Guardian.
The US House and US Senate held Hearings for 8 years on Fracking - 8 years of Leftists that were desperate to stop Fracking and even with all of those Hearings and all of those Leftists Leaders - all the Hair on Fire and the Eco-Hysteria ........

There was NEVER a shred of proof that Fracking causes harm.

Land under my house is Fracked ..... I'll be sure and get back to you ASAP if I have an Earthquake hit or DIE from my tap water ..... DEAL?

And NO ...... I won't vote for Beto and he won't be elected.
I will continue to live in Texas with no Income Tax, my Guns, Right to Work Laws and ICE to help with the Illegal Aliens flooding my State ...... all of those things that the Great Beto wants to take away from Texas.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:

Don't think your posting here is going to change one person's mind as to who they will vote for and I think you are wasting your time. Cruz is going to win, the state of Texas will not suffer from a little fracking and no all you read is reliable.

BTW, most damaging types of earthquakes are not caused by fracking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections