Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 09:41 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times

Advertisements

I don't regret my vote for Obama. I am fully aware that there will never be a candidate that I completely agree with, so I don't expect that. He will do things I like and he will probably make me mad at times. I am, however, firm in my opinion that he was by far our best choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 AM

500 posts, read 703,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
McCail would, given the republican past, have continued to cut taxes and limited the stimulus to executive bonuses and continued war.
As appose to the Dahli-Bama's plan of printing money which we don't have, bonuses are still being handed out, and continued wars?

Old 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
As appose to the Dahli-Bama's plan of printing money which we don't have, bonuses are still being handed out, and continued wars?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1
Link to: How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish

Tell me about lost money, or the need to print more..
Why do you keep blaming Obama for the mess that the Bush administration got us into?
Do you seriously expect anyone to fix the bush mess-up in only 8 weeks?

Old 03-19-2009, 04:43 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian

Why do you keep blaming Obama for the mess that the Bush administration got us into?

Hate to tell you this but Obama OWNS this economy. He did as soon as he signed the stimulus. Now you and Obama need to put your adult pants on and get to work. I love how Obama keeps saying "I'm more interested in looking ahead" yet he keeps looking behind and blaming Bush on his total ineptitude and that of his administration, specifically his lovely Treasury Secretary.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:48 PM

500 posts, read 703,028 times
Quote:
How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian

And what has changed since the last idiot left and the new idiot took office? reckless spending, fear mongering, continuing wars, and hiring crooks to be in his cabinet.
Change? Everyday it seems like more of the same.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am glad I voted, and campained, for President Obama. I shudder to think what a McCain - Palin administration would have done when the economic bubble burst.
Absolutely! It is chilling to imagine those two being in office. On another note, I certainly couldn't bear being subject to hearing McCain say "my friends" one more time or Palin and that obnoxious wink.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
And what has changed since the last idiot left and the new idiot took office? reckless spending, fear mongering, continuing wars, and hiring crooks to be in his cabinet.
Change? Everyday it seems like more of the same.
The spending is to stimulate our economy within our country as opposed to big oil wars in the middle east. Fear mongering? That's strange. I haven't heard Obama mention "yellow cake uranium from Africa" or "WMD's" yet.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:02 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Quote:

Chielgirl, haven't you figured it out by now? There are people who are wondering when Bush is going to show up with his halo! Nothing he did was wrong! He's been pouring money into Iraq and other countries he blew up first, but nobody was to blame for that until Jan. 20th when Obama took office! THEN all that money spent over there instead of helping the American people was HIS FAULT! They'll never quit.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,925 times
Quote:
Speaking of printing money, this just happened yesterday.... The Reserve is buying US bonds etc to the tune of $1.2 trillion. The immediate result was that ovrnight the value of the dollar decreased. Here is what may happen...

Quote:
The US Federal Reserve says it will buy almost $1.2 trillion (£843bn) worth of debt to help boost lending and promote economic recovery. BBC News
Quote:
The decision by the Fed to buy government bonds and mortgage-related securities is designed to lower borrowing costs for home mortgages and other types of loans, thereby stimulating economic activity. The central bank, effectively, will print more money to pay for the purchases.
washingtonpost.com
Quote:
The new purchases come with risks. They will balloon the value of the assets the Fed holds by about 50 percent, to more than $3 trillion. That could make it tricky for the central bank to draw that money out of the system once the economy starts to recover. The Fed would probably find it difficult to sell such massive volumes of assets, and if it doesn't handle the task adeptly, the nation could face high inflation because too much money would be in circulation. washingtonpost.com
How come we don't hear of this all over the news??? Hmmm.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:19 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:

No, but we could expect someone to take steps towards making things better. Obama is making thins worse.

Think about it: Bush spent too much, ran up big deficits and kept interest rates too low (through Greenspan and then Bernanke). Obama is spending much more, running up much larger deficits and (via Bernanke) is keeping interest rates even lower. Not only that, but the Fed pledged to print
$ 1.15 Trillion yesterday alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections