Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 01:29 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,627 times

Advertisements

I'll ask you racism experts once again:

Why would a racist marry into a family of the race that they hate?

Old 06-06-2008, 01:49 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I've read her thesis and heard her inflammatory comments, but I can't classify her as a racist. I just don't see that. I do think that she is a very formidable woman with a big chip on her shoulder though. And she is definitely a loose cannon that could cause her husband some big problems.

In some ways I like her, however. She is definitely not some polished debutante who regurgitates vapid platitudes. She calls it like she sees it. And even if it's offensive, I at least admire her candidness.

Cindy McCain is a walking, talking barbie. I suppose that won't cause any problems for McCain. But her dubious past of having an affair with McCain while he was still married to his disabled 1st wife and her addiction and theft of various painkillers is hard for me to overlook.

Wow, I did not know that. Neocons and Republicans, please tell me where Michelle Obama has done something like this:
From a major newspaper out west.....
You're U.S. Senator John McCain, and you've got a big problem.
Your wife, Cindy, was addicted to prescription painkillers. She stole pills from a medical-aid charity she heads and she used the names of unsuspecting employees to get prescriptions.
She did not get convicted, but my god.....folks are really grasping for straws to knock a so called transgession, a college speech, while giving Cindy McCain a pass.
Even if, please, we are voting for the husbands, not their wives.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
I'll ask you racism experts once again:

Why would a racist marry into a family of the race that they hate?
Self-loathing?

Old 06-06-2008, 02:14 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
A good link for a read on the TRUE Michelle Obama:

Barack Obama's Wife

Old 06-06-2008, 02:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
How disappointing. The thread author posts links to Ms. Obama's thesis and declares it racist. Yet after 8 pages of post I have yet to find one post that refers to any portion of the thesis which would justify that categorization of racist.

You would think that at least the thread's author would at some point make the slightest effort to prove the allegation, but so far nothing.

Early in the thread, I lamented the fact that most opposed to Obama are clearly desperate, they can't debate the issues, they can't even debate using the very "facts" that they present.

Some of you who accuse Obama as an "empty suit" continue to demonstrate that the only emptiness is the rhetoric with which you attempt to denigrate the Democratic candidate. I think that speaks volumes regarding the bankruptcy of the Republican Party in particular and conservatives in general.

Hope monger? It seems that the only folks mongering hope are those who hope to find some yet unfound silver bullet because intelligence and articulate argument are in real short supply.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:34 PM

742 posts, read 2,067,893 times
There are valid reasons why Obama shouldn't be President and why Michelle shouldn't be First Lady, but all the Obama-haters can play in this thread is the racist card. It's almost like saying women shouldn't be leaders because they don't have a p-e-n-i-s.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:37 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
There are valid reasons why Obama shouldn't be President and why Michelle shouldn't be First Lady, but all the Obama-haters can play in this thread is the racist card. It's almost like saying women shouldn't be leaders because they don't have a p-e-n-i-s.
Who says women don't have penises? Didn't you see the pregnant man on Oprah? Wasn't he really a woman with a penis? Or was he a man with a vagina? Or maybe she was a man pretending to be a woman pretending to be a man with a vagina?

Old 06-06-2008, 02:39 PM

524 posts, read 839,299 times
I think Oprah has a penis, honestly.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:00 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,627 times
Michelle's no racist. But Cindy's a narcotics addict.

As beenhereandthere mentions, I wonder why it is that we haven't heard much about Cindy McCain's narcotics addition. Perhaps all the phony accusations of Michelle Obama is merely an attempt to distract from the reality of Cindy McCain's narcotics addiction.

For instance, some say that Michelle Obama is a racist. But they don't say that in 1989, Cindy McCain became addicted to opioid painkillers such as Percocet and Vicodin. She supposedly took these painkillers to alleviate pain following two spinal surgeries for ruptured discs. Michelle Obama isn't addicted to narcotics.

Michelle Obama didn't take narcotics to ease emotional stress during the Keating Five scandal. Cindy McCain did. Why? Because not only was John McCain implicated in the Keating Five scandale, it seems that Cindy McCain was as a bookkeeper who also had involvment (she supposedly had difficulty finding receipts).

Michelle Obama is accused of being a racist, but Cindy McCain's addiction progressed to where she resorted to stealing drugs from her own organization.

And there's more to the story. I'm just saying that while Michelle Obama is NO racist, Cindy McCain IS a narcotics addict. And she's getting a free pass--possibly because she doesn't look like Michelle Obama.

Cindy Hensley McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-06-2008, 05:48 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I've felt this way before. When I got into my upper level courses in college there were many times where I would be the only black student out of a class of 35-50.

Most of the time, we didn't have any problems but I noticed that when we were writing a story about a black person or the black community, they would suddenly get extra-sensitive about the jokes we made and they wanted me to look at everything they wrote.

It used to **** me off because they didn't need my approval any other time and a crackhead that gets bit by an alligator is funny, no matter what race he is. But more than angry I used to get a little depressed because it made me realize while I considered them my peers, they didn't consider me theirs.
Well, that s*cks that they got all sensitive and wierd on you. Would have p*ssed me off too.

I guess this is what is bothering me about the whole Obama run for the presidency. I could give a flying fig if someone is black or white, I want them qualified for whatever position they are after. I'm quite conservative and I must tell you nothing would make my other conservative friends happier than to have a black president. A CONSERVATIVE BLACK PRESIDENT! And we would not support him because he was black, he would have to be the pick of the litter on all accounts....just.... it would be thrilling and historic if this conservative WAS black in addition to his superior credentials. So, I DO get that liberals are thrilled that Obama is black and he is their nominee. I just don't think he is "the pick of the litter" and that because he is black is the main reason he is being fawned over.

Racism makes me sick. It's stupid and counter productive. I really love what Dr. King said about the content of a persons character. I just see the dems using race a lot...it might not be standard KKK racism but it is throwing race into the pot whenever it will benefit them. The conservatives I know don't do this.

Myself, I am HOPING AND PRAYING BIG TIME that McCain asks Bobby Jindal (Rep gov of LA) to be his VP. Do I or any other conservative I associate with care if he is Indian (and darker skinned than Obama)...HELL NO! He could be bright green for all we care. He is an incredible man and is (I think) the perfect running mate for John McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections