Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:18 PM

104 posts, read 180,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Sorry bud, but your racism is showing & it isn't very flattering esp since you once lived in California [where that sort of ignorance is detested
Quote:
Obama, our nation's savior
Yes, it was an incredible sight even if only on television. The first African-American nominated to become president of the United States. Tears in the eyes of the huge crowd in Denver as Hilary Clinton stopped the process to ask for an acclimation for Barack Obama.

I am so proud of my country today!
Hypocrite. I knew if I perused your previous posts, I would find you offering up race on your platter. Took a lot of scrolling though, as most of your posts do not contain much substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 PM

104 posts, read 180,511 times
Quote:
I agree, Dr King would be a proud man looking at Obama & give our next president his blessing

Dr. King would NOT be proud. He would not have wanted a candidate to win based on skin color as is so obviously the case (see title of this thread). Quote taken directly from Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Seeing as Obama has no character content, Dr. King's dream, sadly, has yet to be lived out.

5,032 posts, read 12,614,733 times
Talking Obama = President of the United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by iq140 View Post
Hypocrite. I knew if I perused your previous posts, I would find you offering up race on your platter. Took a lot of scrolling though, as most of your posts do not contain much substance.
DUH! you want to try it again & this time make some sense?

7,730 posts, read 14,163,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That is huge, regardless of whom you support. And it is a wonderful event for America -- an event which sets us apart, again, from all other nations.
LOL. There has never, in the history of the world, been a black man in a position of power? Really? Moderator cut: snip

Last edited by Kristynwy; 08-28-2008 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
Yes, it may be the first time in history that any nation has tried to nominate an anti-president.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM

92 posts, read 242,547 times
Quote:
Usual "sour grapes" Republican hatehead. How dare you speak for AfricanAmericans, yahoo

African Americans

Er Obama is also Arab, and white

also I am sure you know this or I hope you do but Africans and African Americans are also white so when you refer to African Americans it would be helpful if you could inform people if they are white or black

Not that it should make one bit of difference

Old 08-27-2008, 07:36 PM

92 posts, read 242,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
African Americans?????? Do you mean Americans that HAPPEN to be black or Americans actually BORN in Africa? The hyphenated BS needs to go if we're ever going to unify.

Nail on the head

first we should all be Americans
secondly

Africans are also white not just black

Old 08-27-2008, 07:38 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,614,733 times
Talking Obama = President of the United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
Nail on the head

secondly

How about making sense before you post?

Old 08-27-2008, 07:38 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
Nail on the head

secondly

True but the ignorant don't realize that.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnymonty View Post
I dunno... The Bush administration convinced many Americans to invade Iraq over WMD's that didn't exist. That's pretty powerful.
Many Democrats were making the exact same claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections