Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 12:47 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
LOL

Only if you know the person 20 years and it's in a "church"....

Sorry but I think maybe you set that one up on purpose??
I did. And that is my point. Just because people believe something does not make it true without proof.

You have as much proof of Obama being an addict as Rev Right has of the Gov infecting blacks. And that is to say none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 12:48 PM

281 posts, read 380,929 times
Its easy to call Michelle ugly when you are sitting behind a computer screen. That's weak gsupstate...Real weak...

And how do you know of this alleged drug use to be factual?? What facts represent this accusation?

I've been waiting for you guys to post sources, but still nothing...waiting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Smoking definitely shortens one life. I would think living with ugly, nasty Meechelle would shorten ones life as well.

I was refering however to Obama's use of cocaine...both in the past (factual) and in the present (assumed by many).

Old 09-23-2008, 12:49 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
aka made up, with no evidence and believed because it furthers your point of view

Some believe AIDS was created by the Gov, and they infected black people. Should that be included in logical discussion? After there was Tuskegee.....
Actually Obama was man enough to admit to experimental drug use in one of his books. A long time ago and for sure it had no effect on him graduating from Havard and doing what he did there, etc. Folks like GsUpstate try to make it look like he's Darryl Strawberry or Dwight Gooden instead. From what I now, Obama, has never been in any legal trouble from the, again EXPERIMENTAL, drug use (or any legal trouble of any kind), where folks like Bush, DWI's, failing companies he ran when he was on drugs and drinking....
well this thread is about Obama and it's been hijacked. What's the big deal that black folks think that Obama might not win due to racism, when that is a strong possiblity?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:52 PM

281 posts, read 380,929 times
I realize now that this thread was started to get things stirred up. The person who started it knows diddlysquat about African Americans. I'm starting to see a trend here.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:04 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
I did. And that is my point. Just because people believe something does not make it true without proof.

You have as much proof of Obama being an addict as Rev Right has of the Gov infecting blacks. And that is to say none.

One of the things you'll learn if you ever have been addicted to anything is once and addict always an addict.

You can quit smoking for 20 years and still smell one (certain times) and still have the urge. Addiction isn't just for substances either. The only proof I presented was Obama himself saying it had been months since he smoked.....that was june 2008.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:09 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
One of the things you'll learn if you ever have been addicted to anything is once and addict always an addict.

You can quit smoking for 20 years and still smell one (certain times) and still have the urge. Addiction isn't just for substances either. The only proof I presented was Obama himself saying it had been months since he smoked.....that was june 2008.
Except Obama wasn't an addict... he experimented with drugs like millions of other kids did in that time period... I did myself when I was that age, and have no urge to do so again.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
I realize now that this thread was started to get things stirred up. The person who started it knows diddlysquat about African Americans. I'm starting to see a trend here.
They're people aren't they? They live generally shorter life spans, they are the most impoverished in the US of all legal citizens, they are incarcerated in a disproportionate number, some are great people, some are not.

Many years ago I was a "block buster" and bought a house in a all black neighborhood. We got along great, I went to all their "family reunions", I loved their ribs. I used to take the neighborhood kids fishing on my boat in exchange for cutting my lawn. What else would you like to know about black folks?

Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Except Obama wasn't an addict... he experimented with drugs like millions of other kids did in that time period... I did myself when I was that age, and have no urge to do so again.
How do you know he wasn't? Coke is a powerfully addictive drug, he has a history with it and still MAY. With his past friends and drug abuse he could not hold a security clearance in the military, he is in fact unfit to be the POTUS.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times
Quote:

Then let me rephrase. There is as much proof of him being a current user and there is of the Gov't still infecting blacks with viruses.

And lets get real. People in this thread are not talking about him smoking cigarettes.

Do you consider all ex users addicts? Because that would include most people that went to college (and most that did not), just about everyone that was young in the 60's and 70's not to mention Gov. Palin (self admitted pot smoker).

Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
How do you know he wasn't? Coke is a powerfully addictive drug, he has a history with it and still MAY. With his past friends and drug abuse he could not hold a security clearance in the military, he is in fact unfit to be the POTUS.
Oh, please. Do you know how many people did a couple of lines of coke back in the day (including our present POTUS)? A few lines of coke does not make one a raging, lifetime addict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections