Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President?
Yes - And if he is not eligible he should remove himself 133 75.57%
Yes - I care but think he should still be able to be President 6 3.41%
No - I don't care, and would still vote for him if not eligible 33 18.75%
No - I don't care - and will not be voting for him 4 2.27%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Because it's already been given and shown and verified. It was good enough for the U.S. Department of State. The Hawaiian Board of Health contacted the Obama campaign to try to help get this resolved. But still, people insist there is some Byzantine cover-up going on, when it is so much simpler than that.

Because nothing is enough.

"Where's the birth certificate?" On my website.

"That one looks forged. Show it to somebody else!" Okay. We showed it to Factcheck.org and Politifact.

"Factcheck.org may be tainted - Obama worked for Annenberg! Swear an oath in court!" What about Politifact?

"Why hasn't the state verified it?" They have.

"They didn't verify the exact piece of paper, only an electronic copy!" Have you looked at the newspaper clipping of my birth?

"That could be faked! Nobody else has it, after all, and what about the font? Was that around then? Prove that it's real, too!"

And on and on and on. Check my posts here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...against-5.html

You are correct, jps-teacher. No matter what Obama submits, these kooks will just come up with more hoops for him to jump through. It's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 08:23 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How do you know what each and every FBI agent is doing at all times? And has done, I would add.
Oh please! An in-depth FBI investigation of Presidential candidates is not something the FBI automatically does. Can they do one? Sure! Are they doing one now? I have no idea... Comprehend?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Oh please! An in-depth FBI investigation of Presidential candidates is not something the FBI automatically does. Can they do one? Sure! Are they doing one now? I have no idea... Comprehend?
That is a bit different than what you said earlier:

Quote:
What you fail to comprehend is that the FBI does not check the candidates qualifications. The FBI has not gotten involved in this matter. Can they? Most certainly they can! But they have not.
You were dead certain just a few hours ago that they had NEVER, EVER investigated Barack Obama's citizenship.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:18 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times

Obama's birth certificate sealed by Hawaii governor
Says Democratic senator must make request to obtain original document

Posted: October 26, 2008
9:54 pm Eastern
By Jerome R. Corsi
Source: WorldNetDaily

HONOLULU, Hawaii – Although the legitimacy of Sen. Barack Obama's birth certificate has become a focus of intense speculation – and even several lawsuits – WND has learned that Hawaii's Gov. Linda Lingle has placed the candidate's birth certificate under seal, and instructed the state's Department of Health to make sure no one in the press obtains access to the original document under any circumstances.
The governor's office officially declined a request made in writing by WND in Hawaii to obtain a copy of the hospital-generated original birth certificate of Barack Obama.[Mod edited for copyright]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 10-26-2008 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: use only a snippet and a link to the original content

Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,612 times
sounds fishy....

Old 10-26-2008, 10:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
he is a natural born citizen and eligible. bek his mother is an american.
read the law friend.
Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he is a natural born citizen and eligible. bek his mother is an american.
read the law friend.
Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
Is she, though??

Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaksena View Post
who would you like Senator Obama to present his birth certificate to? I am sure he would be more than happy to respond to a legislative or executive official. Why don't you try to get that request arranged?
Writ of Mandamus

Quote:
Is a command issued by a court having jurisdiction, and is directed to some person, corporation, elected or appointed official,
or, inferior court, within the jurisdiction of such court, requiring them to do some particular thing therein specified, which appertains to their office and duty, and which the superior court has previously determined, or at least supposes to be consonant to right and justice.

This writ was introduced io prevent disorders from a failure of justice; therefore it ought to be used upon all occasions where the law has established no specific remedy, and where in justice and good government there ought to be one. Mandamus will not lie where the law has given another specific remedy.
Writs of Mandamus are more common at the state than federal level but I believe someone filed a writ against Labor Secretary Elain Chao to force her to take certain actions under the law.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Oh please! An in-depth FBI investigation of Presidential candidates is not something the FBI automatically does.
You're absolutely correct.

Quote:
Can they do one? Sure! Are they doing one now? I have no idea... Comprehend?
Nno one in the Bush Administration would possibly order one without causing extreme harm to McCain's campaign.

You can imagine how liberals would run with that if Bush ordered an investigation into Obama's background.

Furthermore, as of yet, there's really been no crime committed and the absence of evidence is not evidence of a crime unto itself.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:02 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
...well of COURSE...duh....

If he IS, in fact NOT qualified then he should bow out....and the DNC should have their revisionist-collectivist heads examined for even proposing B.H.O. as a candidate meeting all the legal requirements.

The truth about Barry's place of birth WILL come out...one way or another...if he makes it into the Whitehouse or not....

the truth always comes out.....(unless your name is Ted Kennedy.....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections