Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Me too....

It means when the nation collapses it will ALL be on the Democrats.

SIX HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS MORE for the federal government to buy cars on TOP of the THREE BILLION DOLLARS a year it already spends...

And y'all are HAPPY it has passed????

Read what is being funded...or is it simply because it is a Dem package?
It also means that the right won't be able to twist the facts and somehow try to take credit for its success! 2010 the country needed them most and they sat on their hands!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
It also means that the right won't be able to twist the facts and somehow try to take credit for its success! 2010 the country needed them most and they sat on their hands!
GO read what the money we are borrowing is being spent on...

It is sad to think people are willing to become so in debt just to try and win political points....

I am glad I don't live in a city...times will be VERY hard very soon.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:17 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Me too....

It means when the nation collapses it will ALL be on the Democrats.

SIX HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS MORE for the federal government to buy cars on TOP of the THREE BILLION DOLLARS a year it already spends...

And y'all are HAPPY it has passed????

Read what is being funded...or is it simply because it is a Dem package?
Sorry .... but it was the past EIGHT YEARS of Bush mismanagement that got us into this global economic crisis!

Obama and the Democratic Congress are currently doing everything possible to resolve it, as quickly as possible.

If you remember, it was the Bush Administration who pushed for the first 700 billion bailout last fall?

And Bush never bothered to make certain that the banks would use it for it's intended purpose. No government oversight. No regulation. Nothing!

And now all the Republicans want to do is be obstructionists, and block everything Obama and the Democratic Congress proposes.

Republicans have no desire to do what's best for the country. They just want to win points for themselves so they can look good in the next election.

I am so happy that Republicans are no longer running things! Our country would never survived another 4 years of Republican mis-management!

I am so glad Obama is our president !!!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 PM

Obama pissed of republicans today that his power does not require their support and that makes me happy!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
obama pissed of republicans today that his power does not require their support and that makes me happy!
y e s !!!!:d:d:d:d:d:d

Old 01-29-2009, 12:22 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,713,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Remember what we in this forum want is really inconsequential. What counts is what America wanted and got on November 4. Praise and thank you still resonate.
And the people in Jonestown wanted to drink that funny flavored Kool Aid.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
So apparently you believe that when you have $10k in credit card debt, the best strategy is to max out your credit card at $25k in order to pay off the debt? How is it possible to spend your way out of debt? I don't get it.

Would you call the arsonist who started a fire to help put it out? Would you have a crackhead head up the DEA? Would you have a tax cheat head up the Treasury, ..oh, er, um, never mind.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sorry .... but it was the past EIGHT YEARS of Bush mismanagement that got us into this global economic crisis!

Obama and the Democratic Congress are currently doing everything possible to resolve it, as quickly as possible.

If you remember, it was the Bush Administration who pushed for the first 700 billion bailout last fall?

And Bush never bothered to make certain that the banks would use it for it's intended purpose. No government oversight. No regulation. Nothing!

And now all the Republicans want to do is be obstructionists, and block everything Obama and the Democratic Congress proposes.

Republicans have no desire to do what's best for the country. They just want to win points for themselves so they can look good in the next election.

I am so happy that Republicans are no longer running things! Our country would never survived another 4 years of Republican mis-management!

I am so glad Obama is our president !!!
Kool Aid; now available in stupid flavor.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
So apparently you believe that when you have $10k in credit card debt, the best strategy is to max out your credit card at $25k in order to pay off the debt? How is it possible to spend your way out of debt? I don't get it.

Would you call the arsonist who started a fire to help put it out? Would you have a crackhead head up the DEA? Would you have a tax cheat head up the Treasury, ..oh, er, um, never mind.
I would invest in my country! Something I know consevatives are against! Call me naive but history says that my country doesn't disapoint! If you believe it does that is your problem! Between your opinion and proven history I invest in my country, call me patriotic, I won't call you the same!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
I would invest in my country! Something I know consevatives are against! Call me naive but history says that my country doesn't disapoint! If you believe it does that is your problem! Between your opinion and proven history I invest in my country, call me patriotic, I won't call you the same!
I thought you guys hated people questioning your patriotism when someone doesn't agree with you; now you're doing that very thing to me? Not very tolerant. I'll ask you for a second time; how is it possible to spend your way out of debt? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections