Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:18 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I thought you guys hated people questioning your patriotism when someone doesn't agree with you; now you're doing that very thing to me? Not very tolerant. I'll ask you for a second time; how is it possible to spend your way out of debt? Thanks
By spending money to make money. Creating public projects to hire people and create jobs, therefor having them pay taxes and spend money on goods and services. Investing into companies that can return more money than put in. Do you not know how this works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Obama supported it...voted for it.

Hmmm..........
Clinton Slams Obama for Voting "for" the PATRIOT Act at ABC-Facebook New Hampshire Debate | Threat Level from Wired.com

Stop getting all of your info from Fox News and you'll see that there's more to this story than meets the eye. Like Bush putting riders into the Patriot Act that was pushed through in a desperate time of need. This was Bush's baby that he tricked people into voting for (Again, VOTING for, not supporting) So try again.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:34 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sorry .... but it was the past EIGHT YEARS of Bush mismanagement that got us into this global economic crisis!

Obama and the Democratic Congress are currently doing everything possible to resolve it, as quickly as possible.

If you remember, it was the Bush Administration who pushed for the first 700 billion bailout last fall?

And Bush never bothered to make certain that the banks would use it for it's intended purpose. No government oversight. No regulation. Nothing!

And now all the Republicans want to do is be obstructionists, and block everything Obama and the Democratic Congress proposes.

Republicans have no desire to do what's best for the country. They just want to win points for themselves so they can look good in the next election.

I am so happy that Republicans are no longer running things! Our country would never survived another 4 years of Republican mis-management!

I am so glad Obama is our president !!!
DO you KNOW what the $800+ BILLION you are going into debt for is being spent on???

Somehow I doubt it.

This is on top of the $700+ BILLION you are in debt for from the last failed bailout...

When it doesn't work who will you blame?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Obama pissed of republicans today that his power does not require their support and that makes me happy!
Good to know...nation be damned,annoying the other side is more important.

The wailing and crying when it all falls apart will be interesting to read....

Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I would invest in my country! Something I know consevatives are against! Call me naive but history says that my country doesn't disapoint! If you believe it does that is your problem! Between your opinion and proven history I invest in my country, call me patriotic, I won't call you the same!
Show how this will solve the problem, expecially when so much of the money is NOT being spent on infrastructure?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
By spending money to make money. Creating public projects to hire people and create jobs, therefor having them pay taxes and spend money on goods and services. Investing into companies that can return more money than put in. Do you not know how this works?
SO we borrow almost a $1,000,000,000,000 to do this...who is doing the building?HOw is it going to generate MORE than $1,000,000,000,000 in profit?

It incredible how many people have faith that going deeper into debt to prop up our system built on debt will make the system work...
Watch the video,get an idea of what is going on...

YouTube - The U.S. Economy W/ Ron Paul Peter Schiff: The Philosopher's Stone

Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Clinton Slams Obama for Voting "for" the PATRIOT Act at ABC-Facebook New Hampshire Debate | Threat Level from Wired.com

Stop getting all of your info from Fox News and you'll see that there's more to this story than meets the eye. Like Bush putting riders into the Patriot Act that was pushed through in a desperate time of need. This was Bush's baby that he tricked people into voting for (Again, VOTING for, not supporting) So try again.
Obama was TRICKED by Bush into voting for the PATRIOT Act....

That is.....funny.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Obama was TRICKED by Bush into voting for the PATRIOT Act....

That is.....funny.
Go look up how many people voted against the patriot act. I guess the entire government has given up on the constitution and thrown out the bill of rights? Or have we just been the victims of a corrupt government like every news media save fox has reported since the PA was voted in?

And I guess your plan to get out of debt is just to hold onto all of our money and not increase taxes and then some magic will happen and we will have profit? Sorry man but Bush isn't president anymore.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:50 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times
Quote:
................Like Bush putting riders into the Patriot Act that was pushed through in a desperate time of need. This was Bush's baby that he tricked people into voting for (Again, VOTING for, not supporting) .............
Let's take your sentence verbatim and substitute just a couple of words:

Like Obama putting 'pork' into the Bailout bill that's being pushed through in a desperate time of need. This is Obama's baby that he is tricking people into voting for ......

Hmmmm .... interesting, isn't it? And the world just keeps turning.

Quote:
Good to know...nation be damned,annoying the other side is more important.

The wailing and crying when it all falls apart will be interesting to read....
Amazing, isn't it? I think you're right. It much more important to the far left to annoy the other side and win then it is to bring us back to the great nation we can be. I hope that this forum isn't a microcosm of most Americans. I honestly believe it isn't.

And I believe that it probably won't fall apart because the citizens that make up this great country are stronger than that, smarter than that. When the going gets tough, Americans step up. But the fact that it won't will be in spite of this insane bailout bill, not because of it.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:53 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times
Obama signed the equal pay bill today! I'm happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections