Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:22 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
misunderestimated
nucular
Hispanically
strategery
compassionated

...and many more...
Yeah, GW is dimwit - and the wreck of a country he left in his wake is all too real proof of that. Even many people on the Right realize that now (no matter how much the Obamabashers on this board may refuse to admit it).

The fact of the matter is that America (as always) got the President we deserved. Far too many voters were more concerned that we elect someone who was folksy enough and homespun enough so that they would feel comfortable enough to sit down and have a beer with him - rather than elect someone who was actually SMART. God forbid we elect someone who was "elite" - who was educated, smart, and ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!!!!!!!!!

And so we ended up with the class clown, the village idiot, the lazy goof-off who sat in the back of the class fooling around - rather than Al Gore (who was infinitely smarter) or John Kerry (who looked like Frankenstein but again was clearly smarter) or even John McCain (who would have made a FAR better President than Bush did).

The fact is, Bush devastated America and quite frankly pretty much did the same to the GOP (as the smarter members of the GOP know full well). He was a boob who did a horrendous job - and ANYONE with even half a brain should have seen it coming. I mean lets face it, even as a candidate he appeared pretty dim-witted.

But he was folksy and all those foolish and silly voters felt they could have a beer with him.

Well you know what?
You don't elect your leader because you can imagine him as your neighbor sitting out on the back stoop in a torn and sweaty tee shirt swigging a beer - not if you want someone able in charge. You elect a leader because he's SMART and CAPABLE and has the ability to inspire and lead.

There's an old saying in business: Always hire people who are smarter than you.

With GWB, America did just the opposite - they hired someone who was the lowest common denominator - and the whole country - in fact the ENTIRE WORLD - paid the price.

Fortunately, this time around the voters made a DIFFERENT choice.
And I for one couldn't be more pleased.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 09:43 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Dodging the request again ...

Show me a video of President Obama sounding stupid.

The key word being "President".

You can't ... because THERE ARE NONE!

In total contrast, I can show you plenty of President Bush.

See my Bush screw-ups video in my earlier post for a start.
He ALWAYS dodges questions that he knows he can't answer...

That's his trademark...

Old 05-03-2009, 11:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
He ALWAYS dodges questions that he knows he can't answer...

That's his trademark...
Oddly enough, you seemed to have dodged this thread
http://www.city-data.com/forum/8626786-post55.html

Should this be your trademark?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:
Soccersupporter .... PROVE IT!

Obama does not use teleprompters when responding to questions during the Q&A at Presidential Press Conferences.

Show me a video from any Q&A session from any Presidential Press Conference, where Obama had speaking difficulties?

I'll be waiting ....
Ah, ah, ah , ah silence, ah ah, ah ah. Proof enough?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Funny how that is the only video both you and other Republicans keep coming up with? (See this post)

It is from a Town Hall Meeting in JUNE 2008 when Obama was busy runing from city to city campaigning.

Was Obama President in June 2008?

Did you hear in your video when Obama stated that he hadn't had much sleep in the last 48 hours?

I only want to see a video from AFTER the election, and Obama was well-rested. Not one from when he was running around campaigning on little or no sleep.

Show me a PRESIDENTIAL PRESS CONFERENCE Q&A (<--- is that big enough for you to read?) where Obama has trouble speaking?

Do you know what a Presidential Press Conference is? If not, please let me know, and I'll be happy to help.
No the problem is that is the real Obama without the TOTUS, without coaching, without cheat notes. Pretty scary stuff that he is ruining, I mean running our country.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why?

I never said they did but they do...he got elected twice...by stupid people who obviously were swayed by his what?...business success?
Still better than empty promises of hope and change. This man is an empty shell. I take that back he is full of himself.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:53 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The fact of the matter is that America (as always) got the President we deserved. Far too many voters were more concerned that we elect someone who was folksy enough and homespun enough so that they would feel comfortable enough to sit down and have a beer with him - rather than elect someone who was actually SMART. God forbid we elect someone who was "elite" - who was educated, smart, and ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!!!!!!!!!
That is the problem, how can anyone know 'what they were doing' since they obviously had not been president before? I believe that is a problem faced by many of our presidents, they went expect a whole lot less than what they were hit with. Obama was subjected to the same thing, we saw that when he reversed many of his earlier positions in regards to the wars in the Middle East.

Quote:
And so we ended up with the class clown, the village idiot, the lazy goof-off who sat in the back of the class fooling around - rather than Al Gore (who was infinitely smarter) or John Kerry (who looked like Frankenstein but again was clearly smarter) or even John McCain (who would have made a FAR better President than Bush did).
Many people mistakenly equate intelligence with strong leadership. What is it about education makes an individual a strong leader or innovator? Why is it that new innovations always seem to come from some uneducated farmer or factory worker and not the first in the class at an Ivy League school?

The fact is, most people do not want someone who is 'infinitely smarter' than the other guy, they want someone they can relate to, someone experienced enough at life to know what is best for the people. That sort of thing can only be experienced, not taught in a classroom.

Quote:
You don't elect your leader because you can imagine him as your neighbor sitting out on the back stoop in a torn and sweaty tee shirt swigging a beer - not if you want someone able in charge. You elect a leader because he's SMART and CAPABLE and has the ability to inspire and lead.
Many people do elect a leader based on how they can relate to them, a true 'man of the people' who they expect will project the views of the common man and politics on the nation at large. That almost never happens, but people like to relate to their leader more than they want to see them gloat about how much smarter they are than everyone else, or tell them how to live their lives.

To cut this a bit short, the point of the whole thing is intelligence does not equate to strong leadership. You tread dangerous waters when you openly believe that it does.. Like honest Abe said, "You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"..

Old 05-03-2009, 01:47 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One word: Fear.

If you took away fear, none of them would have listened. But when they were warned that Saddam had nuclear weapons, that Al Qaeda was hiding behind every bush, that we had to torture people to remain safe, the herd listened and obeyed
I guess anything was better after Bill the Oval Office BJ KId.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:54 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Through this whole thread, the only ones insulting other posters are liberals.. Imagine my surprise..
Nothing new in that! (:>)

Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Ah, ah, ah , ah silence, ah ah, ah ah. Proof enough?
If you consider "ah", "um" and speaking pauses as representative of being either "incoherent" or "stupid", they you'd better include most of the smartest people on this planet as well (professors, scientists, doctors, lawyers, etc.), because that is an extremely common way for people to talk.

Two simple requests .... do you think you can handle it?

#1 .... Show me a video of President Obama sounding either stupid or incoherent. (note ... I said "President". Not "Senator").

#2 .... See #1 above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections