Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,066,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've already tried to explain economic development to you. There's no point.
You are totally naive with your "tried to bottle Baikal water", lemonade, etc. Not only you don't see the whole picture, but you obviously lack any business knowledge. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

Quote:
And you're missing the point of my post, anyway.
I don't, while you refuse to understand me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
You are totally naive with your "tried to bottle Baikal water", lemonade, etc. Not only you don't see the whole picture, but you obviously lack any business knowledge
And what do you want us to believe? We haven't seen Russian cars, computers, TVs worthy of Western markets. We haven't seen much out of Russia that could compete in quality even with Chinese products.
What is the bigger picture? That you can succesfully sell natural gas. Wow. Such a accomplishment.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
And what do you want us to believe?
Wanna hijack one more thread?

Last edited by russiaonline; 10-17-2012 at 05:39 AM..

Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Wanna high-jack one more thread?
Ivan, focus on posting happy pictures from Russia. Maybe everybody who ever visited Russia will forget what they saw? Maybe people will believe that it is somehow possible not to be able to make a single marketable on global markets product and still be able to have a succesful economy even though statistics show otherwise.
Is your bottle of vodka almost gone by now? LOL

Last edited by rebel12; 10-17-2012 at 05:56 AM..

Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Ivan, focus on posting happy pictures from Russia. Maybe everybody who ever visited Russia will forget what they saw? Maybe people will believe that it is somehow possible not to be able to make a single marketable on global markets product and still be able to have a succesful economy even though statistics show otherwise.
Is your bottle of vodka almost gone by now? LOL
Sorry if I haven't read the complete thread but is that your position? That Russia is incapabale of manufacturing a global product? ( I first thought this was about schools)

Old 10-17-2012, 05:16 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
You are totally naive with your "tried to bottle Baikal water", lemonade, etc. Not only you don't see the whole picture, but you obviously lack any business knowledge. Nothing wrong with that, of course.
Economic development happens from the bottom up. (The Baikal water wasn't my idea, as you may recall.) It's SovietThink to believe that it's done via macro-enterprises controlled by the State.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Economic development happens from the bottom up. (The Baikal water wasn't my idea, as you may recall.) It's SovietThink to believe that it's done via macro-enterprises controlled by the State.
Baikal water has always been harvested. In SU the scale became industrial. The number of companies - huge. Nationally its water became famous due to Baikal soda - Soviet herbal "Pepsi".

It was funny when you said that somebody came up with an idea in New Russia. Just like your idea of exporting very expensive (in dollars at the official exchange rate, not the one for tourists) soda, with a shelf life of 7 days, refrigerated.

Ruth, if something doesn't exist - then it is impossible. Exceptions are occasionally made, of course, but... come up with something new that can be exported from Russia in large volumes, and you may easily become very rich.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Sorry if I haven't read the complete thread but is that your position? That Russia is incapabale of manufacturing a global product? ( I first thought this was about schools)
LOLOL!! All the threads are bleeding together. LOL! No, we took a brief detour back to an earlier thread, that was about products Russia could export if it had its act together. At least, it was supposed to have been brief....

Anyway, it looks like the schools discussion has moved to another thread, I'm not sure. Ask jeffpv, it's his topic.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Baikal water has always been harvested. In SU the scale became industrial. The number of companies - huge. Nationally its water became famous due to Baikal soda - Soviet herbal "Pepsi".

It was funny when you said that somebody came up with an idea in New Russia. Just like your idea of exporting very expensive (in dollars at the official exchange rate, not the one for tourists) soda, with a shelf life of 7 days, refrigerated.
I don't know why you say this about the limonad. It has an indefinite shelf life, and doesn't require refrigeration. It's very cheap. It sounds like you're talking about a newer product. As for the Baikal Water, it was an initiative to create an exportable product that would compete with other bottled waters in lightweight plastic bottles from around the world. That was the novelty of it.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I don't know why you say this about the limonad. It has an indefinite shelf life, and doesn't require refrigeration.
http://savok.name/139-limonad.html

All of them had a shelf life of 7 days in a refrigerator. They were natural, after all.

Quote:
It's very cheap.
Chemical is cheaper.

Quote:
It sounds like you're talking about a newer product.
From 1970's, when Pepsi or Coca Cola entered the market.

Quote:
As for the Baikal Water, it was an initiative to create an exportable product that would compete with other bottled waters in lightweight plastic bottles from around the world. That was the novelty of it.
SU toyed with an idea of building huge bottled factories to export Baikal water. It didn't fly for the same reason as in RF - the world market is captured by insanely capitalized players.

Water quality is actually secondary, at best. Coca Cola and Pepsi sell filtered tap water for more than mineral water costs - and they are doing this quite successfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe