Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 12:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Pffft. We are not scared of no Russians.
Considering who you crawl into bed with you don't strike me as too bright either so in this case I believe you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 12:18 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Considering who you crawl into bed with you don't strike me as too bright either so in this case I believe you.
Yes, Sweden, Germany, The US, UK, France and Poland are soooo horrible.

Sadly we aren't too good pals with Cuba, Syria, Zimbabwe and North Korea.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
These are bunch of what if's, Russia is not going to invade Finland or the Baltics, maybe they will "hack" their elections, but that's as far as Russia is going to go. Even Russia wasn't dumb enough to take over all of Ukraine. Russia doesn't want nor can it afford a war. They want small inexpensive skirmishes such as Donbass, Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Nagorno-Karabakh etc. not full blown out wars, even Russia was hesitant of entering the war in Syria.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
These are bunch of what if's, Russia is not going to invade Finland or the Baltics, maybe they will "hack" their elections, but that's as far as Russia is going to go. Even Russia wasn't dumb enough to take over all of Ukraine. Russia doesn't want nor can it afford a war. They want small inexpensive skirmishes such as Donbass, Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Nagorno-Karabakh etc. not full blown out wars, even Russia was hesitant of entering the war in Syria.
Stop, just a minute. Does this mean that Russia wants to have many conflicts on its borders? Did I understand you correctly?

Old 10-12-2017, 12:44 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Yes, and Russia can't especially afford a new Afghanistan, but this time against a modern well-equipped military. And what finally would remain after a "victory" could not in any way justify the losses.

Also, Finland is not some banana republic, and the rest of the West couldn't take the prestige loss of just watching and doing nothing.

So for these reasons I'm not afraid of Russia.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, and Russia can't especially afford a new Afghanistan, but this time against a modern well-equipped military. And what finally would remain after a "victory" could not in any way justify the losses.

Also, Finland is not some banana republic, and the rest of the West couldn't take the prestige loss of just watching and doing nothing.

Straight as the elusive Joe)))

Old 10-12-2017, 01:13 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:

I'm confident under current conditions Russia isn't going to attack anyone. If we don't start setting up the means to settle disagreements and disputes and tossing people like you and others out of the picture it may go south for all of us.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Stop, just a minute. Does this mean that Russia wants to have many conflicts on its borders? Did I understand you correctly?
They don't want huge disturbances, but I do think Russia likes frozen conflicts, otherwise why would they promote it? Why hasn't Russia picked a side in Nagorno-Karabakh? why do they supplies weapons to both Armenia and Azerbaijan? Because it's in Russia's best interest to have these countries on their toes and they buy more weapons from Russia. Russia want's a frozen conflict in Donbass, Transnistria, Abkhazia and South Ossetia so that Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia can't join NATO/EU. But no Russia doesn't want actual hot wars on it's boarders, just land disputes so that it can manipulate it's neighbors.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
They don't want huge disturbances, but I do think Russia likes frozen conflicts, otherwise why would they promote it? Why hasn't Russia picked a side in Nagorno-Karabakh? why do they supplies weapons to both Armenia and Azerbaijan? Because it's in Russia's best interest to have these countries on their toes and they buy more weapons from Russia. Russia want's a frozen conflict in Donbass, Transnistria, Abkhazia and South Ossetia so that Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia can't join NATO/EU. But no Russia doesn't want actual hot wars on it's boarders, just land disputes so that it can manipulate it's neighbors.
Oh yes, Russia loves conflicts at home. Yes. Brilliantly!))
Do you seriously believe that the sale of weapons to the above countries can at least something to earn?
And so yes, solid benefits)) Poverty, as a consequence of the criminality that flows into Russia, the loss of all production, the collapse of trade. Yes .. This is what you need.
And we modestly forgot about those who supported the administration of the unleashed conflicts. Yes.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Oh yes, Russia loves conflicts at home. Yes. Brilliantly!))
Do you seriously believe that the sale of weapons to the above countries can at least something to earn?
And so yes, solid benefits)) Poverty, as a consequence of the criminality that flows into Russia, the loss of all production, the collapse of trade. Yes .. This is what you need.
And we modestly forgot about those who supported the administration of the unleashed conflicts. Yes.
Ok, so then tell me what Russia wants for these regions and how it's planning to resolve these conflicts, I'm all open ears, unlike some people on this thread it is possible to change my mind, but this might be better discussed in the Russian thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe