Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 06:55 AM

303 posts, read 255,333 times

Advertisements

This is tale
"Postcard" Poroshenko: The US Embassy in Kiev, spoke about the fate of the "inefficiency" of the Presidents
https://www.facebook.com/usdos.ukrai...52734475836936

Called war criminals in the Donbass, and this is not Putin
http://antifashist.com/item/u-porosh...-ne-putin.html
(Russian)

"The channel TVi MP from the "Block Poroshenko" Sergei Caplin said that the war unleashed in the Donbas Yatsenyuk and Alexander Turchinov, not Vladimir Putin"

Last edited by Amok; 02-04-2015 at 07:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 09:29 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You don't know your history very well buddy. Here's a quote from your hero.

"All that we can gain in the west depends on the Entente — on the extent to which it may wish to squeeze Germany", while in the east "there are doors that open and close, and it depends on who forces them open and how far"

He tried to open a door in May of 1920. Polish forces attacked Ukraine and even occupied Kiev. He did it because he thought the Red Army wouldn't be capable of stopping him. He was dead wrong and his gamble was an utter failure.

He was a self serving, opportunistic politician. He sent good men to die for his gain and his glory. He was the lowest of the low, he was no hero. He's right down there with Hitler in my book.
Are you upset that the Poles won the Polish - Soviet War?

Do you think the Poles had it coming when so many of them were massacred at Katyn Wood?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

A disgusting apologist for Soviet Communism is what you are!

Old 02-04-2015, 09:31 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It has to be noted of course, that it's not like Russia is not looking down at Poland, and it's not like Russia uses it as it's pleased. There is a good reason for it though; Poland doesn't have much to offer historically speaking, comparably to Russia. No outstanding achievements in tech and science, no strength of character, no dodging persistence of Russian kind, and therefore it's a country that's basically worthless to counter-weight the West.
Poland produced Saint John Paul the Second. Enough said.

The Russian chest-thumping I see on this thread is disgusting. I don't trust Russia as far as I can spit!

Old 02-04-2015, 12:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post

The Russian chest-thumping I see on this thread is disgusting. I don't trust Russia as far as I can spit!
^^: This. Can't rate you right now, but would if I could. Bravo.

Slava Ukraina.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:10 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Slava Ukraina.
Yes, glory ("Slava") of the country, which bombed the hospital in Donetsk! (today, killing 4 people).

http://youtu.be/nQkIsRP9yfIhttp://youtu.be/nQkIsRP9yfI

Old 02-04-2015, 05:54 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
But that was a person serving someone else's church and someone else's original ideas. He was nothing unique in terms of Polish culture.

Quote:
What does it mean "to trust" Russia?

Old 02-04-2015, 06:03 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Why they will lose.

Key to the unavoidable failure of Maidan's authorities is not the advancement of the DNR fighters, and even not the attack of "vacationing" Russians, if this will ever happen. There will be a different reason for this failure.
Maidan will lose because its relations with the West are set this way.
See, the problem is that the contemporary "democratic revolutions" are seemingly similar to those of the 1989, the separation of Baltics in 1991, the disintegration of Yugoslavia in the beginning of the nineties.
Some revolutions were of "velvet" kind, some - "Romanian" version and some - Franjo Tudman style, in "Anti-Terrorist Operation" mode.
But there is a substantial difference this time around.
The West doesn't give any more money.
At all.
"There are no money" as Moscow's *liberal* ministers like to say.
Even further, the West almost never gives any more soldiers, and even if it does give them, it takes them back.
And that's the ominous difference between the countries of the former Warsaw Block, Baltics, Yugoslavia et al, and those, who are following them now.
In the 20ieth century, the West so to speak was marrying those with whom it slept. It was providing for them, guaranteeing them security, bringing them "up to standards."
But now, in 21st century, it only "dates on Saturdays."
That's why Saakashvili failed in Georgia.
That's why in Iraq, Livia and Syria the hell and chaos have won.
That's why the generals "reversed" the revolution in Egypt.
And for this very reason Ukraine won't be able to turn into Croatia, which it tries to emulate in its bestial brutality. There is no more money and there will be none. "We have only enough to feed our own."
Therefore it's Putin, who is going to feed Ukraine - her one and only *true patriot.*
But on which conditions - that will be a matter of serious negotiations for the new, post-Maidan government.

Dmitry Olshansky, Russian publicist

February 3, 2015

https://www.facebook.com/spandaryan?fref=nf

Old 02-04-2015, 07:19 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes, glory ("Slava") of the country, which bombed the hospital in Donetsk! (today, killing 4 people).

http://youtu.be/nQkIsRP9yfIhttp://youtu.be/nQkIsRP9yfI

Your "source" is RT. Enough said.

Other, more trustworthy sources indicate the firing came from the direction of the "separatist" lines.

In any case, had Russia not invaded Ukraine's sovereign territory, in violation of all international agreements and treaties and civility, and had Russia not encouraged, funded and supplied the "separatists", no hospitals, marketplaces, schools, kindergartens, orphanages, roads, houses, apartments, offices, or churches would have been bombed by either side, nor would civilians have suffered, starved, lived in fear, refugeed, or been injured and killed.

I pray for peace for Ukraine, along with justice, autonomy, and democracy, and for those individuals and powers responsible for war crimes to meet justice.

Slava Ukraina.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:07 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Are you upset that the Poles won the Polish - Soviet War?
They did? Hmmm, if you call that a win I'd be really interested in seeing what you call a failure. Seems to me the Red Army kicked their arses all the way back to Warsaw where they were finally stopped. Sadly the Poles got lucky, the Reds had over extended themselves.

Quote:
Do you think the Poles had it coming when so many of them were massacred at Katyn Wood?
No I do not. In a strategic sense though it was the right thing to do. They probably would have been in German tanks at the first opportunity a couple of years later. The intellectuals were probably the same stripe and IQ as Craig Creek. I personally would have sent them to Siberia, for good. What was done to those officers and intellectuals was excessively cruel imo.

Quote:
A disgusting apologist for Soviet Communism is what you are!
Damn, he saw through my cover!! Should I run, chit or go blind!!

Really MOS I will admit I'm no senators son or patriot for that matter. I consider myself an amateur historian and a humanist. The USSR had a long list of nasty stuff and the Russian Empire has some too, just like any other power in the world then or now. You choose your side. I'll choose mine.

BTW. If you ever want to call me a commie ensure that you used the word pinko preceding commie.

Like this. Pinko Commie, with capital letters too. Got it?

Quote:
Other, more trustworthy sources indicate the firing came from the direction of the "separatist" lines.
Anybody know the name of the hospital? Let's try to figure out if Craig is correct about his trustworthy sources. You can use google earth.

Quote:
Why they will lose.
The Russians announced they will not be buying rocket motors from Ukraine. Soon they will be doing little if any business with them. Who buys anything from Ukraine aside from agricultural?

With the hordes of young men fleeing the country and probably going to be starting lives elsewhere.

The future looks bleak to say the least.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:58 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
The future looks bleak for Russia "to say the least." Wait until the banks start collapsing there, I look forward to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe