Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 07:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Very interesting article about Ukrainian draftees and the youngsters expected to fight/die for Porkochunko and his fellow cronies future well being/bank accounts.

When you press gang people into something they don't want to do, you don't get a good result. I personally can't believe these thugs are not swinging from light poles. Well considering the mercenaries, Einsatzgruppen and thugs they're now using to protect themselves from the peasants I can see why. The kids are ignorant, (look it up) they're not like their grandfathers who grew up with hardship and war. The only gun fight they've ever been in was in front of a computer

Read through this if you like. Some exerts.

Quote:
For all that is known, it may even be that some of the recruits were purposely inflicting non-fatal injuries on themselves or their friends in order to be dismissed from the front lines and hopefully escape the meat grinder that Poroshenko had forced them into.
Quote:
It’s not just non-Western outsiders that realize the futility of Kiev’s War on Donbass, but also thousands of Ukrainian young men themselves who are cognizant of the imminent catastrophe awaiting them when they’re called up for the draft. As Dmitry Babich quite accurately comments, “Russia invented the most humane method of warfare: inviting the enemy’s male population of the draft age to “wait out” mobilization on the territory of the “hated aggressor.” This witty observation was made in reference to Putin’s suggestion that the law be changed in order to accommodate the thousands of young Ukrainians who fled to Russia to avoid the draft. That being said, Foreign Policy magazine reports that thousands of others are simply vanishing off the grid in order to dodge their ‘duty’, be it by going to the West or hiding out undercover in a nearby province.

LiveLeak.com - Western Media Lies: It?s Really Ukraine that?s Sending Young Men to Die on the Front Lines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 08:14 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Is the title true? I just want to be certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h56Hkq__Y4o
I don't see any "hijacking" taking place though...

Old 03-05-2015, 09:15 PM

3 posts, read 2,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It has nothing to do with my hotness or my opinions on fascism. Russian regime just matched encyclopedia definitions of the term "fascism". Also there is Umberto Eco' (Euro lefty) defitinion of the "eternal fascism", it fits too, 100% match, google it if interested. Geez, if you'll dust old soviet books, Putin' regime fits soviet definitions of fascism too. Euro and American left have allied with far right to become rabid supporters of the lawful Russian imperial rights and the fearless leader defending those rights against the big bad America. Nevermind Russian regime being 180 degrees opposite to the declared values of the left. Anti Americanism trumped ideology. Far right and far left is united in support of Putin, while the mainstream just wants to keep business as usual and leaving Ukraine to deal with Putin is a small price to pay for the western comfort.
Sorry, but "fascism" just convenient term for you and that's all. Imperial, her interests, and even Anti Americanism don't enough for "fascism". For example UK was imperial too... Have a interest... But nobody call his "fascism".
"fascism" is another. It is superior to other people by birth, membership of a particular nation and violence to them on the basis of nationality - murder, robbery, injustice of such a group of people or destroying it completely.

Quote:
Russian fascist ideologues like Dugin, a darling of Putin, reflect dreams and wishes of a significant chunk of the Russian population. A fascist clown Zhyrinovsky and his party are members of the Russian parliament. Russian communists, another key parliament fraction, are as rabid nazi imperialists as Zhyrinovsky and Dugin are, they are a tad less vocal, since it's not easy to be a communist capitalist (billionaire).
I treat them the same like you. And also to Putin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayahuasca_mike View Post
You are correct in that it is political and territorial but Putin has played they ethnic game, and far too long might I add. I remember seeing old eastern Ukrainian women falling to the ground screaming to be rescued from "Ukrainian nazis invaders who want to slaughter us"...Putin directly is responsible for this propaganda. I'm sorry you are caught in the middle.
"Ukrainian nazis" - is small group including political, military leaders who ordered wage war and soldiers and volunteers who are up in arms fighting against separatists and no one else.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:32 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Sure, the knowledge that the Fuhrer thinks and cares about Russia takes a heavy burden of thinking (or doing) from people' shoulders, it's people' patriotic duty to support the Fuhrer as a small token of gratitude.
Yes, a year ago, "Fuhrer" proof that he was ready to take decisive action, in spite of the potential problems for him. "Russian nazis" very much appreciate it. Crimea is ours, and it is very true.

Quote:
Yet, I was inquiring about theoretical ability of the Russian nazis to worry about Russia. I doubt they have a gene for that.
Yes, "Russian nazis" are not jumping. They do not have this gene. They fly.

http://youtu.be/NEcPSayFVDE

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 03-05-2015 at 10:46 PM..

Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
I don't see any "hijacking" taking place though...
I've got the flu and my sinuses are a mess as are my ears. I can understand a little and there doesn't seem to be overt hostility but I can't get quite what is going on. It seems to me that rest home would need these things. I don't think the video is accurate in it's portrayal.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:10 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
I heard due to seed and fuel costs the farmers will be hard pressed to get a lot into the ground Max. Something about property taxes too.
Hryvnia greatly devalued. If fuel or people (mobilization carried) is not enough, then the autumn harvest will be poor. The subsequent decline in export earnings and an increase in food prices will be. Next winter will be harder for Ukrainians. This will lead to an increase in migration to neighboring countries, Europe and Russia.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:19 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Ukraine is drafting more people into the army and buying more weapons. Now 40-60 year olds are being drafted into the military.

What will Poroshenko do with an army ?

Get them killed. .....or what's left after most of them defect.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:24 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
I've got the flu and my sinuses are a mess as are my ears. I can understand a little and there doesn't seem to be overt hostility but I can't get quite what is going on. It seems to me that rest home would need these things. I don't think the video is accurate in it's portrayal.
I am not sure what's going on in this video ( even after watching it three times.)
I see it's some kind of delivery to this group home ( or "rest home" as you call it.) The Ukrainian guy who brought the goods all the way from Kiev, seems to be slightly upset about what's going on, because there is some issue with the woman in charge ( she is not a boss of this group home, the boss is absent at this moment, and they are waiting for her to make the decision.) But what this decision is all about, I don't quite understand. ( The resident of this home is trying to grab a wheel-chair, knowing that it's a donation, but she is warding him off, saying that he will get it later.) A guy from Kiev wants him to have it, but as I've said - I don't understand what seems to be an issue, sorry.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:24 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Re: 'the Ukrainian Nazis'

I'd have to say the term is made up with much more dynamite than perhaps the feeble Russian separatists or Russian nationalists or Russian reactionaries or Russian Bolshies. Propagandists go for the most incendiary labels. Oh they know it will get a reaction. Russia has learned much ironically from Mistah Goebbels.

So if we turn the mirror to look at those upending the Maidan revolution we just see the haughty and autocratic antagonists of Nazism also basking itself in murder, political chicanery, untruths, and continuing the destruction of thousands of Russian/Ukrainian lives. It is an immoral war foisted on the Ukrainian people.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:18 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_rus View Post
Sorry, but "fascism" just convenient term for you and that's all. Imperial, her interests, and even Anti Americanism don't enough for "fascism". For example UK was imperial too... Have a interest... But nobody call his "fascism".
"fascism" is another. It is superior to other people by birth, membership of a particular nation and violence to them on the basis of nationality - murder, robbery, injustice of such a group of people or destroying it completely.
Yes, Russian propaganda abuses the term "fascism" to demonize perceived enemies of the regime, at home and abroad. Yet, I didn't use "fascism" as a meaningless emotional label, I wrote many messages pondering about the nature of the Russian fascism, I explained why Russian regime can be called fascist http://www.city-data.com/forum/38443625-post7742.html. It's Russian fascism, it's not the same as Italian, Serbian or German, but there are common features all those regimes share. I copy paste post #7742.

2008, Prophetic article.
KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe’s next war?
By Jeffrey T. Kuhner - The Washington Times - Sunday, October 12, 2008
KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war? - Washington Times

Fascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fascism is a term used to describe authoritarian nationalist political ideologies or mass movements that are concerned with notions of cultural decline or decadence and seek to achieve a millenarian national rebirth by exalting the nation or race, and promoting cults of unity, strength and purity.[1][2][3][4]
Fascists promote a type of national unity that is usually based on (but not limited to) ethnic, cultural, national, racial, and/or religious attributes. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as among its integral parts: nationalism, militarism, anti-communism, totalitarianism, statism, dictatorship, economic planning (including corporatism and autarky), populism, collectivism, autocracy and opposition to classic political and economic liberalism.

Bolded text applies to the Putin Regime. Comrade Erasure will not let me lie. Anti-communism is impossible in Russia, since ostentatious Russian communists are Russian nazis first, the rest of the ideological allegiances are subordinated to nationalism (at best). Technically, Stalin' variety of communism can be called "communo fascism", it's much more astute identifier, I don't agree with the authors who included anti-communism.

More posts related to evolution of the Russian fascism

http://www.city-data.com/forum/38548041-post8043.html
Novelist Gary Shteyngart spent a week doing nothing but watching Russian TV - Home | As It Happens | CBC Radio
http://www.city-data.com/forum/38534214-post8004.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/38516676-post7978.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/38488030-post7920.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/38441502-post7729.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/38475035-post7874.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/38443521-post7740.html

Here are Umberto Eco' definitions of eternal fascism. It fits the Russian regime really well on 13.5 counts out of 14. http://www.publiceye.org/fascist/eco/ur-fascism.html

Russian regime is more than just fascist, unlike all the previous versions of fascism it combines kleptocracy, systematic corruption if not feudalism, no strings attached inequality and mafia like collusion of the national security establishment, corrupt officials and outright criminals. Unlike all the previous forms of fascism, Russian fascism doesn't promise to take better care of the proles (by punishing those overbearing oligarchs abusing little guys). Everybody in Russia knows who's Oligarch #1, one and the only. Almost everybody is willing to support the Fuhrer in the name of national glory, without regard to his/her personal well-being. All the fascist regimes preceding Putin made a promise of a better life to the proles. Russian regime doesn't promise that, National Glory should suffice.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-06-2015 at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe