Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone criticizing Halle Berry for being too thin. Have you?

People always need something to whine about. Really people need to take a good look at themselves and work themselves first before turning around and criticizing other people.
Halle Berry is biracial though. Women who look fully black (like me) are under pressure to be very curvy and voluptuous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 01:14 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,331 times
Oh come on people! Are you serious? This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know if some people just want to try to start some kind of drama by baiting everyone for their own entertainment, or if they're really just that naive, childish, and ignorant.

But in any case, I repeat, this thread is absolutely ridiculous.

I, personally, think that the OP herself is the problem and not the other people around her. She seems to be the type of person who always has some sort of absurd excuse about everything in her life and is the kind of person who is always blaming other people.

Honestly people, grow up......

Last edited by CityLover9; 08-30-2012 at 01:38 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 02:09 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Although I have contributed to this thread I have to agree with City above. This thread is sort of ridiculous. One can try to stretch it and make it a topic but it seems it is only isolated incidents that are generally started by ignorant people or men who have fat fetishes.

How could someone "look down on" someone for being healthy? I would refuse to associate with someone like that.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:08 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
you don't represent all black women though
Yet the OP does? Not all of us are on the woe is me train.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:09 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I don't think offended was the best word to use.

I made the transition from fat to fit. I had many (female) relatives tell me that I was "too skinny" and I should "stop losing weight, I was thin enough"; "where did my hips go?" "why don't you eat black people food?" etc. etc.

I also have never had a negative comment made by any male regarding my weightloss, but I am not "skinny". I do believe that it happens to skinny women all the time, though. "She needs a sandwich". "You need to eat". "She has no a**".

I have heard strangers on the street treated this way, so I don't know how someone can say this is nonsense, even if it doesn't pertain to them.
Just another AA pity party thread...

Fat white women talk their thinner counterparts out of losing weight too. Boo hoo.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:57 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post

Fat white women talk their thinner counterparts out of losing weight too. Boo hoo.

This

Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressing View Post
Wow, totally agree with you. To be yourself, if you feel good, it is okay.
I feel my best between 90-95lbs. My youngest sister is about an inch or 2 taller but she's 117. The funny thing is she looks good too. She doesn't look "fat" or overweight at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone criticizing Halle Berry for being too thin. Have you?

People always need something to whine about. Really people need to take a good look at themselves and work themselves first before turning around and criticizing other people.

Older people always got something to say. They said my sister is "fat" (the younger one) and I'm "too skinny". Okay, I like myself. Sometimes I look at myself and want to be bigger like my sister, haha. I want me some bigger chest.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Yet the OP does? Not all of us are on the woe is me train.
Why invalidate her experiences just because it makes YOU uncomfortable?Not every black woman wants to play the "strong black woman" stereotype by pretending nothing ever bothers her and that everything in her life is fine and dandy. Not all of us are made of steel. We aren't allowed to express a wide range of emotions without the anti black woman mafia coming in and saying we are 'ridiculous' or throwing a 'pity party'..

Old 08-30-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Oh come on people! Are you serious? This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know if some people just want to try to start some kind of drama by baiting everyone for their own entertainment, or if they're really just that naive, childish, and ignorant.

But in any case, I repeat, this thread is absolutely ridiculous.

I, personally, think that the OP herself is the problem and not the other people around her. She seems to be the type of person who always has some sort of absurd excuse about everything in her life and is the kind of person who is always blaming other people.
Honestly people, grow up......
your post is very abusive.

Quote:

stop being a sell out.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
OMG people. Relax. People can post whatever question they want if that is something they truly are interested in hearing opinions about. If you thought the topic of the thread was "utter nonsense" then why even bother to read it in the first place??

Sheesh why do people get all bent out of shape about stuff that isnt that big of a deal. Is there some rule that specifically says that you cant ask the question that the OP asked?? I dont think there is, so she has the right to ask something because OBVIOUSLY it is something SHE has dealt with, and just wanted to see if others noticed it. Comment on it if you want, but you dont have to bite her head off and belittle her. Why dont some of YOU grow up.

Calm down and have a twinkie or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty