Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 02:32 PM

896 posts, read 1,400,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
woman #3 is sizzling.
woman #2 is far behind woman #3 but she's still good looking.
I might find woman #1 hot is she has a nice personality

For some reason, in places like France and Italy they'd say that woman #3 is obese.
I'm glad my taste is more american.
#3 looks overweight and not toned to me. I thought most men would prefer #2. I like to look long and lean with a little curve.

I would have to agree with France and Italy on this one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM

896 posts, read 1,400,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelayne View Post
I am a girl but I am a serious minority here. I think America has become far too okay with overweight women. I personally believe a thin figure shows health and dedication and respect for oneself, and the person is likely to have put time and effort into looking good. That picture posted? I definitely pick #2 and as does my dad, #3 was dead last to both of us. He is obviously straight, he has been married for 18 years to my mom who is a pretty, slim woman. My measurements are 32-25-35 and my weight is 115 at 5'5" and I'm actually working on eating very healthy and exercising more to hopefully get my waist down to 24 inches and my thighs down some, and my weight down to 105. Honestly most guys who are attracted to me like girls skinnier than I am. I think it's quite possible that many agree with these opinions but are afraid to say anything because you all cry 'anorexia' at a bmi of 20 or less when in reality 17.9 and below is 'at risk' and can still occur naturally. Plus size models are lazy. They want to sell their face but sit around all day instead of building muscle tone and burning off the fat. They choose to be mediocre. The worst part is that so many have absolutely gorgeous faces but what a shame it is that they treat their bodies like trash cans.

*edit* that most recent girl does too look overweight, you can see it in her face arms waist and what you can see of her legs as well.
I agree with you for some points. Btw, I use to be in the plus size industry and the girls were not toned at all at least in my market. I use to get you are too small, I was size 12 btw 5'11. You're legs are toned do you run! lol All plus size models all not lazy and do workout but I was definietely not the norm.

But, I am wondering your age because I feel that guys that like girls that are thinner tend to be in the 18-25 range because I use to put that kind of pressure on myself.

Now that I am older not so much.

In additon, guys are confusing one minute they say #3 is perfect, but then guys complain about women being fat.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:13 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,438,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
Btw where are the guys who are afraid to claim that they like skinny girls ? Maybe among black guys they have to keep quiet but I doubt that's the case among white and other guys.
I can assure you that Black men don't have to "keep quiet" about any desire they may have for thin/skinny women. In the Black community, skinny women (much like light-skinned men) are temporarily "out of style," but that doiesn't mean there aren't many skinny black women to choose from, for those that like that type.

For example, in the Black community Beyonce gets the most attention, but her ex-bandmate Kelly Rowland also is considered sexy, and gets attention as well.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:55 PM

41 posts, read 210,683 times
I think we should be more concerned with the fact that little girls have low self-esteem because everyone is concerned with body image..i know people are going to roll their eyes at the feminist cliche,but it's true.. women have lower confidence than men because of media and all the superficial crap that's thrown at us on a daily basis..and women aren't helping each other by provoking these insecurities. We should be paying attention to health,yes,but who cares what size you are, if you are motivated in your own life and have goals, you are an active participant in the world.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:16 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
I feel curvy is having hips, bust, butt. All that stick out so to speak I guess in the hour glass figure with also some extra pounds on their body. That person can also be overweight in terms of bmi. Chubby to me is a person who is overweight bmi but tends to have a round figure.
Livelayne 105 at 5 5 is not healthy. At 105 that is a bmi of 17.5 so your goal is to be at an anorexic weight? Just like being overweight is not healthy same with underweight which can lead to osteoporosis, vitamin deficiencies, more prone to illness.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
This is my perception of "curvy":

http://fullhdwallpapers.in/wp-conten...kone-curve.jpg

There might be a little Photoshop work done on the skin. However the curves should remain Intact. This image is from 2009 (I remember it being all over fashion magazines in India). Over time, she might have put on pounds by eating extra parathas . Who knows for sure.

Spoiler
I wonder why I am so attracted to women lately . I never used to care about women besides my mother till 2 years ago, no matter how pretty they looked. WHY DID I CHANGE FOR THE WORSE. LORD SHIVA, PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-13-2013 at 06:52 AM..

Old 11-13-2013, 09:13 AM

809 posts, read 1,273,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
This is my perception of "curvy":

http://fullhdwallpapers.in/wp-conten...kone-curve.jpg

There might be a little Photoshop work done on the skin. However the curves should remain Intact. This image is from 2009 (I remember it being all over fashion magazines in India). Over time, she might have put on pounds by eating extra parathas . Who knows for sure.

Spoiler
I wonder why I am so attracted to women lately . I never used to care about women besides my mother till 2 years ago, no matter how pretty they looked. WHY DID I CHANGE FOR THE WORSE. LORD SHIVA, PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND
Dude!!

Slap a ham to it and get it over with. Or you're in America now, time to get laid

Old 11-13-2013, 09:57 AM

2,502 posts, read 4,438,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerpaige84 View Post
I think we should be more concerned with the fact that little girls have low self-esteem because everyone is concerned with body image..i know people are going to roll their eyes at the feminist cliche,but it's true.. women have lower confidence than men because of media and all the superficial crap that's thrown at us on a daily basis..and women aren't helping each other by provoking these insecurities.
High-Larious!

The biggest offenders in any conversations about weight are women. Men have made it clear that we are attracted to a relatively large variety of weights and body shapes. But it's women who badger each other about their shapes - either they're too thin with no shape, or too heavy.

The second biggest offender would be the fashion industry.And that industry is not run by straight men, so again we (straight men) are not the problem.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:35 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchamp dude View Post
dude!!

Slap a ham to it and get it over with. Or you're in america now, time to get laid :d
lmao...lmao~~~ :d

Old 11-13-2013, 12:36 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,690,601 times
Curvy is all about waist to hip ratio and nothing to do with body fat percentage. I've seen women who actually got less curvy when they gained weight, because their waist filled in and made their hips less prominent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty