Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:10 PM

25 posts, read 54,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
And what does she have to look like for you to notice her?

It goes both ways.
Whatever she wants as long as she doesnt look like a bum. Tshirts and jeans are fine as long as they fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 10:31 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,687,436 times
yeah i dont care either. As long as the person has bathed and/or isnt walking around passing gas or something i dont care if theyre wearing jeans/tshirt, suit/tie, dress/heels, etc

Old 03-26-2014, 12:02 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collins2209 View Post
Whatever she wants as long as she doesnt look like a bum. Tshirts and jeans are fine as long as they fit.
So you still have some criteria. As do most women. And for some women, a 40 year old wearing a band t-shirt and "shorts" that go past their knees looks like a "bum." Welcome to the world, where everyone has an opinion.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,912,457 times
To all those who wonder about how others can dress this way or that way and then want to fit the whole discussion into looking attractive for the opposite sex: Perhaps a lot of the people you see and wonder about are already attached to a member of the opposite sex and therefore do not need to worry about "first impressions".

Old 03-26-2014, 12:20 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Grab a pair of Sperry Topsiders.....and can the gym shoes.
Good lord... You feel boat shoes are a "mature" substitute for white leather runners? Ah, the old high school prep v. rocker mentality.

Personally, I wear a very comfortable pair of Rockports. They are business casual enough for the office, yet go fine with jeans on my days off. With a spit of polish once in a while, they'll easily last until the soles wear through.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:03 AM

25 posts, read 54,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
So you still have some criteria. As do most women. And for some women, a 40 year old wearing a band t-shirt and "shorts" that go past their knees looks like a "bum." Welcome to the world, where everyone has an opinion.
The point is though is that if a woman looks at a guy and says hes a "bum" cause hes got on a tshirt(I didnt say with a band name on it) and shorts, she has the thought that he doesn't have money. Which means, again, to me, that she has a shallowness to her.

You wear your boat shoes and I'll wear my running shoes, call it even.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:06 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,399,065 times
Running shoes are more comfortable.

What a ridiculous thread.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
I think you and your friend worry too much about others. In matters as trivial as daily attire, live and let live.
Agree! Who cares? Unless you have no life, you don't normally worry about trivial matters.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,956,563 times
My youngest son is a firefighter. When on the job, he is required to wear dark blue pants, dark blue tee shirt and black shoes. That's the station uniform.

He is also a personal trainer and when he's with a client, he wears shorts, tee-shirts and "gym shoes".

When he goes to church or to dinner with his family, he wears khakis, a shirt with a collar that buttons down the front, and shoes. If he goes to a function that requires a suit, like a wedding or a funeral, he wears a suit and tie. In other words, he dresses appropriately for the occasion. Just like I taught him.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 AM

19 posts, read 39,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
My buddy and I were discussing this last week. We're both 40y/o.

We both commented on how a lot of men out of our generation still dress like little kids.

BRIGHT WHITE "gym" shoes, ball caps(worn backwards), shirts with silly writing on the front,etc....

The only time I wear "gym" shoes, is when I work out. They are not apart of my daily attire.

What are you thoughts?

Men can still dress nice and casual while being classy and relaxed.

Casual is cool.

Grab a pair of Sperry Topsiders.....and can the gym shoes.
My father was in the military from the beginning of Vietnam until the 1990's. After that he was an engineer for a major oilfield company. When he left the military I NEVER saw him in what you considered casual. He wore jeans and a polo shirt to work with his ND ball cap (not backwards) and white gym shoes. He swore when he left the military that he would never again feel uncomfortable. He dressed comfortable, spoke intelligently but quietly, and ate slowly. He never rushed or care about impressing others. So yes, a man over 25 can wear whatever he wants. If a person judges you by the way you dress, on your own time, then they really aren't good friends. Friends love you no matter how you look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty