Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 AM

327 posts, read 767,144 times

Advertisements

I usually shoot for comfort, and wearing Sperry Topsiders (although I do own a pair and am actually wearing them right now) aren't always my answer to comfort. I wear whatever I feel is comfortable and visually appealing at the time: shorts+Chucks+t-shirt or fitted jeans+magnannis+sport coat or... I agree with others. Pay more attention to what you're doing and stop judging people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:30 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
I wear jeans and concert T-shirts and I'm in my 40's... IDK... I suppose whatever floats your boat....... I see middle aged guys wearing topsiders and docker dress shorts with their izod polo shirts and well.... I guess that's great if they wanna look like their dads.... might as well busts out the black socks with sandals too.......

Old 03-25-2014, 09:10 AM

423 posts, read 1,237,962 times
I'm 54 and have never been a hat or silly t-shirt guy ..... until the last few years. All those years of sunburns led to a couple of spots of skin cancer. So now I find myself having to work to become a hat guy. And not only a ballcap, but a broad brimmed hat kinda guy. Such is how I've aged, I guess.

As for the rest, the t-shirts that I wear are typically plain Polo's or those that I've picked up in 5K/10K races. Although I'm sure that it's an odd viewpoint, for some reason I've come to believe that I shouldn't wear graphic t-shirts that "advertise" something that I'm not. I'm not a big sports guy .... I can't say that I avidly follow baseball, football or basketball. So I don't wear sports team t-shirts. I'm not a NASCAR guy, so I've never owned a NASCAR type t-shirt.

Running clothes when I run or go to the gym. Anything old when I work outside or in the garage .... if it gets torn or stained, the next step for it is in the rag bag.

Out to dinner? Clean,non-faded jeans or khaki trousers, maybe a sports jacket, and a nice shirt. I don't eat out often, so I want to look nice when I do. And I want my wife to feel that I've dressed nicer since I'm going to be with her.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:11 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
...the only way I ever wear my hats is backwards....
They're also much more comfortable worn backwards. Maybe my head is shaped strange, but the stiff part of the brim hurts my forehead when worn forward.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:54 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,905,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
My buddy and I were discussing this last week. We're both 40y/o.

We both commented on how a lot of men out of our generation still dress like little kids.

BRIGHT WHITE "gym" shoes, ball caps(worn backwards), shirts with silly writing on the front,etc....

The only time I wear "gym" shoes, is when I work out. They are not apart of my daily attire.

What are you thoughts?

Men can still dress nice and casual while being classy and relaxed.

Casual is cool.

Grab a pair of Sperry Topsiders.....and can the gym shoes.
I'm in the ballpark of 40 and wear those things. I have to wear the corporate uniform each day, so I like wearing pumas, t-shirts (for stuff I like like music bands, places I've been...), hoodies, baseball caps (when my hair is uncombed), and jeans. I do have a pair of driving mocs that I wear in the summer, but will probably get some high top Nike's for this summer.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:22 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
You probably wouldn't be too fond about my really nice Sweat-shorts from the Buckle I wear regularly lol.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:58 AM

100 posts, read 136,269 times
I'm 38 and wear sweats/jeans, Nikes (only brand I'll wear....personal preference) and have an ABUNDANCE of tshirts with sayings (silly AND motivational as well as trash talking/cocky) and actually have received numerous compliments/inquiries as to the number of shirts and where I get them from, as I can wear a different one everyday for months without repeating.

This IS my daily attire...I've reached the point in my professional career where I can wear whatever I want, whenever I want...and this is what I choose.

I have multiple xbox 360s, ps3, ps4, nintendo ds/3ds, Wii, hundreds of dvds (gaming and video) 3 mac computers and multiple ipods/ipads and other techy trinkets

I'm also happily married (15 years) to a lovely woman, have 3 kids and coach basketball regularly...have 5 figures sitting in a savings account and also the other stuff...401k, retirement savings and stocks, own my own home (no mortgage payments), have another location in a different state and in my spare time write novels, and movie scripts (I have a BA in film and media).

AND I'm black , born in Philly and live in the MD suburbs outside of DC.

Don't judge a book by its cover my friend. Take the time to open it up and read the pages and you might just be enlightened.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,953,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
I'm in the ballpark of 40 and wear those things. I have to wear the corporate uniform each day, so I like wearing pumas, t-shirts (for stuff I like like music bands, places I've been...), hoodies, baseball caps (when my hair is uncombed), and jeans. I do have a pair of driving mocs that I wear in the summer, but will probably get some high top Nike's for this summer.
What style of Pumas do you wear?

Old 03-25-2014, 11:21 AM

632 posts, read 933,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433 View Post
I'm 38 and wear sweats/jeans, Nikes (only brand I'll wear....personal preference) and have an ABUNDANCE of tshirts with sayings (silly AND motivational as well as trash talking/cocky) and actually have received numerous compliments/inquiries as to the number of shirts and where I get them from, as I can wear a different one everyday for months without repeating.

This IS my daily attire...I've reached the point in my professional career where I can wear whatever I want, whenever I want...and this is what I choose.

I have multiple xbox 360s, ps3, ps4, nintendo ds/3ds, Wii, hundreds of dvds (gaming and video) 3 mac computers and multiple ipods/ipads and other techy trinkets

I'm also happily married (15 years) to a lovely woman, have 3 kids and coach basketball regularly...have 5 figures sitting in a savings account and also the other stuff...401k, retirement savings and stocks, own my own home (no mortgage payments), have another location in a different state and in my spare time write novels, and movie scripts (I have a BA in film and media).

AND I'm black , born in Philly and live in the MD suburbs outside of DC.

Don't judge a book by its cover my friend. Take the time to open it up and read the pages and you might just be enlightened.

Props to you, bro!

Old 03-25-2014, 11:27 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
I'm 26 and wear T-shirts with profanity on them. I also wear inverted baseball caps occasionally* - my sister bought me one on her trip to New York. I'm cool like that.

*like css9450, the brim hurts my head, and it's pretty normal.. I think. I hope so anyway. Oh dear, now I'm self-conscious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty