Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It usually makes me think of cleaning because of the tooth paste spots on it.

That too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Today was a bad day at work as I did not meet my bosses satisfaction level, and I feel like killing myself on seeing the mirror.
I know how it is to feel dissapointed in yourself for not meeting a challenge, but for the sake of everything good in the world, I hope you're kidding about feeling like killing yourself. I suggest not etertaining the thought. Sorry if I'm overreacting but, I never leave that kind of thing unattended. Its pretty real and serious to me. If you need to talk more about this feeling...don't hesitate to contact someone. But, sometimes just sleeping on it can help you put things in perspective the next day. Are you better today?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
With the exception of tummy issues, I'm very happy with what I see in the mirror. My tummy issues aren't an age thing, though. They're a woman-who-has-had-seven-children thing.
Thats true, 'Lucy', having kids is no joke. There are so many things that go with it. Those of us who've had kids should be proud of those things that make us mature women, but usually we feel a little ashamed of ourselves someway.
I have had 3 kids and my oldest child is now 21 and in college. Its an amazing thing to be talking to this other young adult woman and thinking of all the years that led up to now. Amazing.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I see someone who is troubled and struggling to be happy with who she is because she doesn't know who she is.
Oh yeah, Aureliea, I relate to that feeling, even though there have been times in life when I've felt like I did figure out who I was-life shifted and I had to readjust again.
Its an ongoing adventure finding yourself and figuring out your place in the world. Embrace it. It is what makes you who you are.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I'm mostly happy with what I see when I look in the mirror. Facial wise, I don't look the same as I did in my 20's, but body wise, I actually look better. I have more gray hair than before and the skin on my face isn't as taut as it used to be. But I've made peace with that and still think I look pretty good.

I do my best to eat clean and exercise to keep my body fit and attractive though. To me that's what's most important...staying lean and fit. As long as I'm not fat and out of shape, I'm good.
Every time we do something to take care of ourselves it makes a bit of difference. Every drop of sweat, and every sacrifice for eating the right thing, drinking the right thing. If you are happy with the results you must be satisfied with your effort. Good for you.
I have a lady friend I've known for years who is a bit older than me, she's spent her life being fit like that, all of her choices contribute to being healthy emotionally and physically, shes' my biggest inspiration, and believe me, she looks fantastic too.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethaikens View Post
i used to think im always pretty and Im an nbi officer .
Wow! Thats a pretty exciting occupation, do you have a mostly male staff in that feild, are you one of a few women or one of the only ones? How did you end up getting in that occupation? Oh wait, maybe you can't answer that.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
It makes me wish everyday was Halloween.
It is in Halloween Town. AND you get to have Jack as the Mayor. That would be cool.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I think now that my face looks ill.. I look kind of washed out ....dont have many wrinkles though and still have dark brown hair
Sweetie, in Scotland everyone looks pale. Just joking with you. Maybe its because I was in Kilmarnock in the winter time, and everyone had to spend more time indoors. But, I bet a day or two in the sun ( with sunscreen of course, don't get a sunburn) will help you feel better. And having your original haircolor is a feat. I started going gray at the temples a year ago, and without the help of a box of color I would be gray all over now. Its an hereditary trait.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
What DO you think when you look in the mirror?

"MOM...is that YOU?
Yah! I look a lot like my mom did at my age too! ha ha ha

Old 07-02-2014, 09:17 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
I think "nice," but I chuckle and SMH since I am still turning heads at middle-age. I've always cared more about my brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty