Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 08:58 AM

750 posts, read 643,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You miss the point. If randomly asked "guy with hair or bald guy?"

Women will err on the side of caution and say "guy with hair."

Because some guys don't go bald gracefully.

If you start showing women pictures of various men who are attractive and bald, they will frequently choose them over guys who simply "have hair."

Unless a man looks bad bald, hair transplantation is a bit desperate. No need for all that.
The point your missing is "most" men do not look good bald.

Takes a very specific head shape, completion, and generally facial hair to pull it off and look attractive. Not to mention the dude needs to make up for the lack of hair with his face being aesthetically pleasing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 11:10 AM

6 posts, read 6,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
The point your missing is "most" men do not look good bald.
Well "most" men don't look good, period with or without hair. Most women don't, either. Beautiful people are the minority. A huge percentage of the general population is obese or don't even try to take care of themselves, but that's another story.

Men that look good with hair also look good bald. Attractiveness has nothing to do with hair. If you're already ugly, shaving your head won't help.

The percentage of women that start coming onto me skyrocketed after I started shaving my head, and while it would look a little thin if I grew it out these days, I first started shaving completely by choice (not because I had to). The response from women was instant and noticeable.

I would never go back to growing my hair out now. Low maintenance is preferable to primping and trying to metrosexualize my hair using girly gel products. Takes me about as long to rake a razor over it as it does my face.

Anyone who thinks most women don't find a bald head masculine, attractive and sexy doesn't have enough experience with women to even begin to comment. The young lady I'm currently dating is in her mid 20's, I'm almost 20 years older than her.

If someone has an ugly face, doesn't take care of their body, etc., then it's not going to matter if you're bald or not. You can blame lack of dating success on presence of hair all day long, but it's only a factor for the people who feel insecure about it (or any other trait), in which case the insecurity will be as visible -- might as well tattoo "I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF" on your forehead at that point.

If you ask women if they like bald men, they might say no if they are over about 40, because in their era a bald guy meant someone who looks like Dr Phil with a shaggy horseshoe circling their oddly-shaped head and a bushy moustache. And yes, Dr. Phil would do fine on the dating scene if he were single due to his entertainment industry success and his intellect -- women would line up for him despite his looks. More proof that hair matters little.

Now gay dudes, that's a different story. They are over-fixated on hair, and care about their own and their partners. Even that is generalizing -- not all of them are like that, but many of them do appreciate effeminate hair techniques like getting a little "douchicorn" spike going, etc.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:21 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,396 times
My hair has been receding slowly since my mid 20's, I honestly couldn't care less. It is what it is, there's far more important things in life to worry about I guess. I stay very fit, I workout regularly, I eat very well, basically focus on the things that are within my control and try to be happy for the good things that I do have.

I have friends that came back with me from Iraq that are missing various limbs, I'm sure they'd be happy to deal with baldness if it meant having their hand, arm or leg back.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:56 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,878,376 times
People would prefer limbs over hair, but beyond that, not many things.
https://www.ishrs.org/sites/default/...allenge-09.pdf

Quote:
Regarding hesitations about hair transplant surgery, the two biggest
hesitations identified by respondents were that a hair transplant ‘won’t look
natural’ (35.9%) and will be too expensive (‘cost’; 34.8%). By sex, just less
than two-fifths of men (38.8%) were concerned that a transplant wouldn’t look
natural, while only one-fifth of women (20.6%) were concerned that a transplant
wouldn’t look natural.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:50 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,878,376 times
The thread got interesting again. Yeah, most men don't look good bald and most men don't look good, period. The question is, How much worse does balding make men look? I think it depends partly on how distracting the hair loss is (e.g., see-through hair) and how much it changes facial proportions (picture Neal Patrick Harris with a lower hairline).

Also, there are studies about women's opinion of hair loss. Of course it's a turn-off to some. Major hair loss is online deal-breaker for most women under 40, I'm almost sure.

My unusual thought du jour is that maybe most clean, healthy hair with full coverage is inherently attractive. After all, people love pets' fur and dislike hairless dogs and cats. If a man has good-looking hair and a mediocre face, losing it could mean he has nothing with which to attract many women.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:30 PM

460 posts, read 1,004,259 times
I think most bald men who are confident tend to look naturally more aggressive, masculine, eye catching, perhaps a little intimidating. What's wrong with that.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:36 PM

6 posts, read 6,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman91919 View Post
I think most bald men who are confident tend to look naturally more aggressive, masculine, eye catching, perhaps a little intimidating. What's wrong with that.
Nothing's wrong with it. Any man could grow a full head of hair by castrating themselves, thereby eliminating male hormones. This is the preferred method of transsexuals converting to womanhood. They have good reason to want a full head of hair though. A man who is comfortable being a man should feel good about his natural testosterone levels rather than worry about what the small minority of women think who want their man to look like a prepubescent boy.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:06 PM

50,359 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
If your hair thinned out, wouldn't you wear a wig?

And, since men aren't really allowed to wear wigs, you can't think of reasons other than insecurity why a man would get a transplant? What if he looks much worse with for example his hair receded like Dave Matthews?

That said, I don't think men are avoiding transplants because women might then look down on them. After all, how would those women even find out?
If it thinned out, no I wouldn't. If I went bald, I would, but you wouldn't be able to tell. Unfair double standard? Sure.

It is a matter of opinion whether someone with a receding hairline, or bald, looks bad. IMO, hair transplants always look unconvincing, and I would prefer a man who is more self confident than that. I don't like when men dye their hair either, since it is usually a DIY mess. Its the same thing when women get face lifts. They think they look better with those stretched faces, but not many people really think so. I think of them as delusional.

I will support anyone's right to do what they want, though.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:20 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The thread got interesting again. Yeah, most men don't look good bald and most men don't look good, period. The question is, How much worse does balding make men look? I think it depends partly on how distracting the hair loss is (e.g., see-through hair) and how much it changes facial proportions (picture Neal Patrick Harris with a lower hairline).

Also, there are studies about women's opinion of hair loss. Of course it's a turn-off to some. Major hair loss is online deal-breaker for most women under 40, I'm almost sure.

My unusual thought du jour is that maybe most clean, healthy hair with full coverage is inherently attractive. After all, people love pets' fur and dislike hairless dogs and cats. If a man has good-looking hair and a mediocre face, losing it could mean he has nothing with which to attract many women.

This is just silly. Besides having an actual personality, a good body, being successful in life....there are many ways to attract someone.

Considering that a majority of men will have some degree of hair loss by the time they reach their mid 30's, I don't think its really all that big of a deal. If anything I think its far more widely accepted nowadays than it might have been in the past.

In anycase its something largely out of your control. If a woman doesn't find you attractive because you're bald, then so be it, there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Last edited by Juram; 04-05-2015 at 03:53 PM..

Old 04-05-2015, 03:45 PM

63 posts, read 90,711 times
Is there hair transplant for Africa-America man? I think only white men can get hair transplant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty