Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 05:19 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times

Advertisements

Men say they like natural, but they don't. Not really. Women, just show up for your next date without makeup or your nails done or your hair done, and see the reaction you get. Ha!

There's a reason most famous women are so-called glamorous and sexy, with false lashes, outlandish clothes, dyed hair (Kardashians, that singer on The Voice, Lady Gaga, MaDonna, Cher in her day, Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore who looks natural but most definitely spends a ton on her appearance and wears false lashes, Victoria Secret models, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 05:42 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I think men would like women to believe they like the natural look. But take a set of identical twin women. Give one of them breast augmentation. Which one of the twins would most American men would choose?

Not to mention, when men cheat on their wives do they choose a woman who wears less make-up, more casual clothes. and less done-up hair than the wife has? Not usually. She's just usually younger and more naive.

Men might not like extreme things like long, painted fingernails, Paris Hilton fakiness, Kim Kardashian greediness, etc., but how many men would kick Kate Upton to the curb? How about Megan Fox? How about Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Chrissy Teigen, Jamie Chung, Michelle Trachtenberg, Scarlett Johansson, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Lawrence, or any number of other actresses or models men think are hot?

Do men actually think those women don't color their hair, wear make-up, get facials, go to spas, diet constantly, etc., etc.? Does anyone really think they wake up looking like their photo shoots? Do men think women were born wearing Lycra dresses or skin tight blue jeans?
I don't know who most of those actresses are, but I'll guarantee men are not attracted to Meagan Fox by her face. Michelle Trachtenberg is pretty horse faced and it takes a lot of work to even get her close to pretty.

I find it ironic that all the women here who say men don't get to have an opinion about how much makeup they wear think they are experts in what men find attractive. Generally, women don't have a clue. I'm tempted to point out that since they are women, they don't get to have an opinion.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
She's very pretty, but she probably would not appreciate your putting her picture up on C-D for all the world to see.
Don't worry, I asked, and C-D is hardly the world. There may be a couple dozen readers on this thread.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:24 PM

What men really think.

Explosm.net - Home of Cyanide and Happiness

Old 04-01-2015, 07:15 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Men liking pouting is nothing new. Here are some lyrics from a 1977 James Taylor song "Whenever you give me that pretty little pout it turns me inside out".
THIS! I've never understood that lyric! What most men react to is women who are smiling and bubbly. What's pretty about a pout?

Old 04-01-2015, 08:16 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
When will women realize men prefer a natural look?
It's not that men prefer a "natural look" on women. Its more that we prefer a woman who looks beautiful naturally without all the stuff on her face. You know, the women who wake up with flawless skin and bright eyes. Now remember, I said we (men) prefer these types, but if a woman doesnt look like this naturally then we are all for, and support her spending time making up her face to look good.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 PM

750 posts, read 644,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
It's not that men prefer a "natural look" on women. Its more that we prefer a woman who looks beautiful naturally without all the stuff on her face. You know, the women who wake up with flawless skin and bright eyes. Now remember, I said we (men) prefer these types, but if a woman doesnt look like this naturally then we are all for, and support her spending time making up her face to look good.
id take an average looking natural chick over a hot looking dolled up woman.

i simply just really dislike noticeable makeup.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
My husband greatly prefers natural or very light makeup. Actually, he mention over the summer that I wore more makeup than previous SOs. I really didn't wear a lot. Light mineral foundation, mascara, maybe eyeliner, eye shadow, and lip gloss. I never really takes me more than 10 min to put makeup on. At most 15.

However, since late summer I mostly wear lip gloss and sometimes mascara. He loves that.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:12 PM

303 posts, read 396,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
BUT -- As for the thread title and the first part of your post, apparently MOST men do NOT prefer the natural look on a woman. I recall in the '90s, all men ever raved on and on about was Pamela Anderson, with her very heavy makeup, bleached out hair and breast implants, and maybe a bit tanorexic to top it off. Maybe, we women will buy that once we see them no longer drooling over airbrushed images of heavily made up, bikini waxed, plastic surgery enhanced nude models in men's magazines and at strip clubs. At most strip clubs, as I can recall, the most popular strippers were not the girl next door types, but the 'fake' looking painted lady types. They got the most bills thrown up at them onstage.

I kind of stumbled across this today:

http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index...le/15080/11738

There's multiple citations supporting a general rise in male perception of female attractiveness after the application of cosmetics.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:13 PM

18 posts, read 40,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think the makeup and clothing are both more to compete with other women, impress them, rather than having to do with the man. Makeup generally does look better from a distance.
Yes and no. Women also wear make up to meet societal expectations of what a woman is supposed to look like and to feel attractive and "normal" looking. I can tell you that I wear makeup just to look normal. Without it, I have no defined eyebrows. Mine are sparse and without tails. My lashes, they have length but not thickness and there aren't enough of them. In other words, my eyes are bald! Think Gollum or Whoopi Goldberg. Just the eyes, I'm quite cute when I build out my brows with pencil and my lashes with mascara. That's all I wear makeup wise and I'm so skilled at it, it looks completely natural. A decade of practice is how I got there. If I had brows and lashes, I wouldn't bother with makeup at all.

Last edited by Pimpette; 04-02-2015 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: more to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty