Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 10:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Tess: "I know what it feels llike to be that woman who feels like ***. I don't want anyone to have those feelings. But I'm not a ******* savior."

Who's making her out to be a savior again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 07:06 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Tess: "I know what it feels llike to be that woman who feels like ***. I don't want anyone to have those feelings. But I'm not a ******* savior."

Who's making her out to be a savior again?
You mean aside from the author of the article in the OP?

Old 05-24-2015, 11:07 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
The reason for super thin models has nothing due with homosexuality but everything to do with selling the product!

Old 05-24-2015, 11:38 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I like big voluptuous women, I really do, and I find curvy women to be just the best.

That being said, she's just too big... I mean if she's ok with it fine, but for me she needs to lose at least 75 pounds and even if she did she's be considered fat by most people still, but I think her health is at stake, its not so much a visual thing at her weight.

She's a pretty women though.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:19 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
I have to say that clothes do look and hang best on thinner people. Think about men. A larger man in a tux does not look the same as a tall thin man. It does not mean that the larger man is not handsome and probably more built; it is just the way the clothes hang. A tall thin woman has the same thing going for her. Anything will look good on her. Of course, there are women that look skeletal, and that is too extreme. Having said that, after looking at Tess's pics in People she really is too large in my opinion to have an attractive figure.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:54 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMan86 View Post
I'm sure I'll get flack for this but I think it should be said: All these "skinny as rails" models is a gay man thing. Go up to any straight male and show him a picture of these anorexic "models" and ask if they find them attractive I'll bet my life savings you won't (unless you get the extremely rare guy that has some sort of fetish). It's really absurd to me that the fashion industry isn't run and dominated by women, who, IMO are the only ones qualified to actually set up and organize this kind of industry.

Even though sure women being skinny has always been popular this whole "Get models with the bodies of little boys" is completely a homosexual male desire. Again, please, find me a straight man that actually watches them and gets all hot and bothered over it, I dare you.

In contrast look at Playboy mags (not that I ever really look at them but I know what kind of women they have), they're usually quite busty, look to be in great shape, certainly quite fit etc.

Sorry, but it just bugs me that women actually think men, or straight men I should say actually likes this **** when the whole body of boy is something gay men fawn over, so don't blame men as a whole because we certainly aren't interested.
I am 112 lbs now with muscle at 5"8 so I take good care of the heart and body and mind. BUT for may years i was anywhere between 92 lbs. to 102 lbs. I am talking many years until I became pregnant with my first and only child...I decided if I can't do it for myself than do it for him! Since my metabolism was so low at 95 lbs. I gained a whopping 20 pounds in the first two months! Yowzer! I was not happy...even worse I was put on bed rest due to premature labor but he survived and so did I.
The point is: I have dated a ton of men who loved my body rail thin- such small bones gave the illusion of curves maybe? They couldn't get enough and my breast were but buds. I always was very classy and tasteful with graceful movements (ballet/horse riding) and good manners so that may be another factor. They did love the look though.
I think this model is gorgeous but sending out a message that it is okay to be obese and it clearly isn't. But whatever justification they need to be fat and feel worthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty