Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 06:23 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times

Advertisements

Just thought of a super advantage....

People like Oceandreams who just moved to Fla. and so many others on this board being so excited to move to Florida and when they get there and love it, you can see the happiness in the words they type.

Now that is an advantage... that you wont find in many others states if any at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 06:35 PM

200 posts, read 683,934 times
The smiles! When we first moved here that was what REALLY got us....! People seemed to be happy here. But the items I love the most:
1) PALM TREES
2) THE DEEPEST BLUE SKIES
3) GOING OUT ON NEW YEAR"S EVE IN MY PJ'S ON THE DRIVEWAY and GAZING AT THE STARS AND NOT FREEZE!!! (and remembering all our friends up north scraping the ice off of their cars!!...and how grateful we SHOULD BE!)
4) GOBS OF BIRDS!!!! SINGING ONES!!!!
5) ALL THE COOL CLOTHES - SUMMER WEAR IN FEB!
6) OH and one more item that was fun when we first moved here, in JAN and FEB seeing the LAWN MOWER and WEED WACKER SALES in the SUNDAY PAPER (HDEPOT, LOWES, etc) WHAT FUN!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 07:50 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Just thought of a super advantage....

People like Oceandreams who just moved to Fla. and so many others on this board being so excited to move to Florida and when they get there and love it, you can see the happiness in the words they type.

Now that is an advantage... that you wont find in many others states if any at all.
Nice post with lots of meaning to many of us.....

Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 AM

61 posts, read 225,693 times
i always hated leaving florida when on vacation. Most of my life i wanted to move to florida, esp. when it was below 30 degrees. When i moved here, i crossed the state line, let out a huge "yah-hoo" and felt an incredible rush of excitement- i am finally here.

Advantages:
Waking up in the middle of winter to a beautiful, sunny 75 degree day with a smile on my face. Putting shorts and tank top on and going on a short bicycle ride to the beach, seeing the beautiful lush green plant life, the amazing wildlife, the beautiful intercostal and ocean.
Honestly, if you offered me free rent somewhere else, i still would not move. (except for hawaii of course)

Old 07-08-2007, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyYall View Post
i always hated leaving florida when on vacation. Most of my life i wanted to move to florida, esp. when it was below 30 degrees. When i moved here, i crossed the state line, let out a huge "yah-hoo" and felt an incredible rush of excitement- i am finally here.

Advantages:
Waking up in the middle of winter to a beautiful, sunny 75 degree day with a smile on my face. Putting shorts and tank top on and going on a short bicycle ride to the beach, seeing the beautiful lush green plant life, the amazing wildlife, the beautiful intercostal and ocean.
Honestly, if you offered me free rent somewhere else, i still would not move. (except for hawaii of course)
I would like to be a bird perched in a Palm Tree to see people when the cross the state line, its an awesome feeling..... Again, who yells yahoo and gets a rush of excitement for any other state, none I can think of....

Another advantage told by a Floridian...

Thank you.....

Old 07-08-2007, 02:01 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
I went out to the pool today with my daughter at 3 in the afternoon, I got a little pink but no burn.

The water was wonderful and we had fun playing and I also got to talk to some of my neighbors...it was an idyllic day...

We have some chores to do but then we will go and relax at the pool afterward.

The wonderful thing about Florida is I can do this until probably November with little or no concern for the water being too cold.

I have been to the Disney waterparks where the water is heated in January. I took a picture of my daughter in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon and titled it "January in Florida, wish you were here" and sent it too all my friends in cold places...hehe.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:45 AM

11 posts, read 33,153 times
after this great thread i am even more excited in moving to Florida..Thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Thought this should also be shown in the Advantages thread!

Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

Thought this should also be shown in the Advantages thread!
Great picture!!!!!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:44 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,970 times
How great it is to go buy your Christmas Tree in shorts and tshirt. Love that. Have your Thanksgiving dinner out by the pool.

I have been here since the early 80's and still love FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida