Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
If you honestly believe that Florida has more people employed making above minimum wage then it has making minimum wage then you need to pull your head out of the sand and look at reality. Florida is a tourism state plain and simple. The service industry will ALWAYS be the # 1 employer in the state and they don't pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Texas has 9.5% of their hourly paid workforce earning minimum wage

Florida has 6.7% of their hourly paid workforce earning minimum wage, that would mean 93.3% of the hourly paid workforce is making above minimum wage. It looks like you were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off.

In Florida all wage and salary workers paid hourly rates had median hourly earnings of $12.36 in 2010
In Texas all wage and salary workers paid hourly rates had median hourly earnings of $11.20 in 2010

This is info easily obtainable from the Bureau of Labor Statistics

So we have shown a higher percentage making minimum wage in Texas, higher median hourly wage in Florida and that you post absolutely erroneous information.
Quote:
People that try to be truthful are deemed a "hater" and people try to do whatever they can to demean and trash that persons credibility. It's sad.
But then some just post bull#### and play your game that people are just wanting to trash you because you post negatives but it is because you are posting bull#### that people call you out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 07:36 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
But then some just post bull#### and play your game that people are just wanting to trash you because you post negatives but it is because you are posting bull#### that people call you out.
Interestingly enough, I seem to have gotten more support in this thread than you have..

Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Interestingly enough, I seem to have gotten more support in this thread than you have..

dubious
Yeah for you, it doesn't make your bull#### smell any better though.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah for you, it doesn't make your bull#### smell any better though.
So Mike, instead of constantly trying to discredit me or put me down, How about you present what's good about Florida other than the weather and palm trees ?

Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
So Mike, instead of constantly trying to discredit me or put me down, How about you present what's good about Florida other than the weather and palm trees ?

ok
So now presenting true facts, what I did, to counter falsehoods, what you did, is trying to discredit or put you down?
What is wrong with presenting facts? I am not a rah rah booster as many have accused me of in the past, in fact I don't do much of that at all and am quite happy sticking with what i have done for quite a while.
I have been here 21 years and do not want to leave so I have nothing to add in that respect which is what the OP was about but I will also help give others that may be looking in a balanced view.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
So now presenting true facts, what I did, to counter falsehoods, what you did, is trying to discredit or put you down?
What is wrong with presenting facts? I am not a rah rah booster as many have accused me of in the past, in fact I don't do much of that at all and am quite happy sticking with what i have done for quite a while.
I have been here 21 years and do not want to leave so I have nothing to add in that respect which is what the OP was about but I will also help give others that may be looking in a balanced view.
Mike, none of the "facts" I posted were wrong. You posted numbers that skew reality. Okay, Maybe 6.7% of Floridians make minimum wage, How about adding in the number of Florida workers that are unemployed and making LESS than minimum wage ?

Why not talk about about the unemployment rate in Florida at 10% while it's at 8% in Texas ?

Why not talk about the cost of living ? Why not talk about the percentages of high school graduates to drop outs ? How about college tuition rates ? Insurances ? Gas prices ? Number of Fortune 500 Companies that reside in each state and employ people to higher paying jobs ?

You can't skew any of those numbers, Mike.

Please, go look them up and post a rebuttle.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:21 PM

511 posts, read 491,499 times
Well I see this has turned into the Junior High Boys Pissin' Contest...as these often do.
Every state has good and bad attributes...Period.
I am a Cracker...fourth generation from Hernando County.
After finishing my undergrad work, I moved to Texas for grad school.
Over the next 25 years I lived in: Georgia (Atlanta); South Carolina (Aiken); California (Corona); Pennsylvania (King of Prussia); Nevada (Reno) and Texas (Midland and Fort Worth) - man I'm tired!!!
Back in Florida now. My family and I have enjoyed EVERY place we've lived. Some are prettier, some are uglier. All had things to offer...we just had to take advantage of them. All had rednecks and lowlifes. All had good people.
It is thus!!!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
Well I see this has turned into the Junior High Boys Pissin' Contest...as these often do.
Every state has good and bad attributes...Period.
I am a Cracker...fourth generation from Hernando County.
After finishing my undergrad work, I moved to Texas for grad school.
Over the next 25 years I lived in: Georgia (Atlanta); South Carolina (Aiken); California (Corona); Pennsylvania (King of Prussia); Nevada (Reno) and Texas (Midland and Fort Worth) - man I'm tired!!!
Back in Florida now. My family and I have enjoyed EVERY place we've lived. Some are prettier, some are uglier. All had things to offer...we just had to take advantage of them. All had rednecks and lowlifes. All had good people.
It is thus!!!
I can appreciate a native that's back home after a long tour around the U.S. but we're talking now, not 25 years ago. Times are a lot rougher in Florida 2012 than it was in Florida 1986.

I know you're happy to be home, although I'm sure it's not how you remember it.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 PM

511 posts, read 491,499 times
Quote:
I can appreciate a native that's back home after a long tour around the U.S. but we're talking now, not 25 years ago. Times are a lot rougher in Florida 2012 than it was in Florida 1986.

I know you're happy to be home, although I'm sure it's not how you remember it.
Nope...nothing like it was back then. But that's cool...I guess I'm just not nostalgic...don't see the point. Some things better some things worse I guess. But I never dwell on that.
It is nice to be back...but my point was...every state has positive and negative attributes. Which one's matter is a reflection of the person.
BTW...after having two kids in Texas...I understand the perspective of native Texans. It IS a great state (especially live music at Greune Hall).

Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
BTW...after having two kids in Texas...I understand the perspective of native Texans. It IS a great state (especially live music at Greune Hall).
Greune Hall is great, I haven't been out that way in a year !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida