Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:32 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,088,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Being a Florida native myself, I STILL lack the resistance to the heat of July, August, and most of September. It was HOT down here when I was born and it's still HOT! Perhaps if we didn't have such nice winters, I would get used to the torturous summers. But, I never have. I got in my car just a couple of days ago (Sept 25), and the car thermastat said 106 degrees!! It was over 95 degrees outside.

I've been in 17 degree dry cold, and it doesn't hurt. 100 degrees hurts! It hurts when you step outside. It hurts when you get in your car and get 2nd degree burns from the steering wheel and seatbelts. You have to have a swimming pool just to cool off every 15 minutes when you are doing yard work.

Give me that cold weather any day, even in the teens if fine with me.

I agree! Yesterday I went in the car with my dad to shop and it was so hot it felt like an oven! We had to wait 5 minutes outside the car for the hot air to exit. Then we went back in the car which was still very hot! The humidity makes it even worse! Its true Florida doesnt have a winter but its hot 9 months of the year and very hot in the summer months. In West Virginia, summers are nice and pleasent 80s, occasionally 90. Spring and fall should be in the 50s to 70s, very pleasent and wont need a/c nor heat. Winter is supposed to be mild with temps at around 20. So only 3 months of the year is WV a little unpleasent compared to 9 months for Florida!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 04:00 AM

Guess the heat is back. The "winters" dont exist and the week long cool reprieve from the heat was too brief. Now I am seeing temperatures in the 80-85 range for a high and its 81 in my room. Everyday I dream about how lucky you guys up north are to have the wonderfully cool weather. I really enjoyed it when it got to 45 degrees a couple weeks ago in a rare cold snap. I was grinning broadly and felt full of energy! Now its nothing more than a dream. I look at the weather everyday and our area south FL is usually "orange" to "red" color coded for temperature. I would love the "yellows" and "greens" and wouldnt mind some "light blues/cyans"

Old 02-27-2007, 06:27 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Yea, I can't believe February isn't even over yet and yet I had to turn on the freaking ac! ugh - We should be having at LEAST one more month of nice temperatures, but I remember many a March being hot and muggy and running AC. Oh well, at least I will be able to go up to my Asheville home in May, where last year I still needed to run the heat at night! And for me, that's a good thing......

Old 02-27-2007, 06:45 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,677 times
I'm jealous I feel most comfortable when it's low to mid 80's.Today it's suppose to get to 71 in my area,still nice but love those 80's.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:21 AM

17 posts, read 113,456 times
You guys are crazy!! I cannot wait to be in Florida. Hopefuly we can sell our house in the next few months. I live in Mid Michigan right now. Yes, it is very beautiful, but I just cannot take the cold anymore. I spent an hour shoveling 13 inches of now yesterday, just so I could get out of my driveway! I will switch places with anyone who wants to come here!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:28 AM

44 posts, read 196,682 times
Default Swap

I agree you guys are crazy!!! its so cold up here and my heat bill is 300.00 per month for a 1300sq ft home and in the summer its close to 200.00 because of air conditioning. Grass is far from greener on the other side! While you guys swim eat breakfast on your lanai or just plain go outside we are stuck indoors I would swap anyday!!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,216,432 times
Default complaining about 78 degrees... get a grip!

you dont know how nice it is here ... complaining about temps in the 70's?!?! move then... move up north.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
yesterday was sooo nice I spent 5 hours working in the garden trimming back the sstuff the freeze got and weeding and mowing
it felt so wonderful to be doing one of my favoriate thing
"digging in the dirt"
I can't wait to start putting in my flowers .
Come on down all of you that are freezing you can dig in the dirt with me

karla

Old 02-27-2007, 11:11 AM

467 posts, read 1,692,286 times
people complain when its in the 70's and beautiful....can't wait to hear them when(and if ever)they get into 0 or 10 degrees. that will be sooo much better. go figure.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Michigan is too cold for me, I dont want to live any further north than northwest Pennsylvania which is slighly warmer than south Michigan. Tennessee is popular but its starting to get hot there, 67 now in Knoxville. Southeast OH has great weather, my friends say theres a microclimate that makes the winters mild, not much snow, barely freezing.

I complain because its 79 degrees with the a/c on! Up north you guys have 70 degrees indoors! I dont want a super cold climate nor a super hot climate and states like Tennessee, southeast OH and WV fit perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida