Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:31 PM

232 posts, read 886,536 times

Advertisements

Need affordable come on up!!! LOL.

Elfyum I am like you Were is the heat? It has warmed up a bit the past couple of days here today was low 50's but you did not catch me outside because it was to cold for my taste. I am currently sitting here with a flannel coat on as I type. I am counting the days until spring/summer.....daydreaming daily, tomorrow 21 days to go til Spring. YEA...bring on the heat baby!!! and when I am sitting at the ballfield this year and everyone is complaining I will say what I say every year...could be worse it could be 30 and snowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 05:32 PM

232 posts, read 886,536 times
P.S. complaining of electric bills???? We just got ours in the mail and keeping our furnace at 70 because last month was so cold our bill is 560.00. and I still have to walk around with long johns and a jacket

Old 02-28-2007, 05:38 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Yea I am going to look more into NC but I want a town or small city because all the people moving to NC usually choose the big cities driving up prices and crime.

Im sick of this south FL heat! Its 81 in my room now and even the a/c cant cool it enough! I will hate summers up north but thankfully those summers dont get as hot, rarely get to 90 and are much shorter than south FL summers!
I'm not going to debate this with you and I am only going to write it one time. I have no idea where you want to move or what your priorities are or care. But, you have the wrong idea about how to select where to live especially at your age. You say you don't want to move where people are moving, at least that is what I understand you to be saying. THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG. The secret is to be ahead of the curve and be there before they come. You get the benefits of a nice lifestyle while watching growth go on around you increasing the value of your property.

At a point you may want to move on and you try to do it again. You want to make money on any piece of real-estate you buy. The easiest way is to force the value up yourself by buying a fixer upper and getting instant equity once you fix it up. You don't have to flip the house but after living there 24 months you can put it on the market and walk with the profits tax free and do it all over again. Your idea of buying cheap essentially worthless property in undesirable areas with all due respect is nuts. Not to mention the low quality lifestyle you will be subjecting yourself to. And that is my last word on the subject, I wish you well.

Last edited by macguy; 02-28-2007 at 06:10 PM..

Old 02-28-2007, 06:48 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,083,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shedav View Post
Need affordable come on up!!! LOL.

Elfyum I am like you Were is the heat? It has warmed up a bit the past couple of days here today was low 50's but you did not catch me outside because it was to cold for my taste. I am currently sitting here with a flannel coat on as I type. I am counting the days until spring/summer.....daydreaming daily, tomorrow 21 days to go til Spring. YEA...bring on the heat baby!!! and when I am sitting at the ballfield this year and everyone is complaining I will say what I say every year...could be worse it could be 30 and snowing.

OMG I am so jealous! I wish, wish, wish it was 50 degrees outside! This translates to 70-75 degrees indoors, I know this because thats the temp in my parents house when a "cold" front made it 50 outside! Can we trade places? You can have my 82 degree heat(indoors!) and ill enjoy your 70 degree indoor temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedav View Post
P.S. complaining of electric bills???? We just got ours in the mail and keeping our furnace at 70 because last month was so cold our bill is 560.00. and I still have to walk around with long johns and a jacket
That is insane! The sellers in Oil city are paying only $150 a month for gas heating and they are fine heating to 60 degrees. I would never heat to 70, thats too warm and a huge waste of money! When it got to 70 here I was going shirtless, I think I even had the window open letting in the 50 degree outdoor air in and it felt sooooooooooooooooo good!

We really need to trade places, I tell ya! You can have my miserable heat and hurricanes and high hurricane insurance and taxes. You can also have those insane house prices and high crime(much more so in south FL) $200k wont get you anything good in south FL and itll get you a small 3 bedroom starter house in north FL. Hope you enjoy that. I can get a huge house for around $50k in your location with great weather and very low crime! Great deal! Lets trade places!

Old 02-28-2007, 06:51 PM

669 posts, read 3,193,105 times
60 degrees inside is pretty cold. Honestly.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:55 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,212,661 times
60 degrees inside is way too cold for me

Old 02-28-2007, 07:01 PM

i looked up st augustine's 10 day weather forecast.

St. Augustine, FL Add this to your cities

Local forecastHourlyTen-dayMapsAverages
Detailed ten-day forecast °F | °C
Day Forecast Description Precip chance
Today
Feb 28

Details Clear
Hi: 77° Lo: 53°
Day: Sunny skies. High 77F, humidity 40%. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
1%
Night: Cloudy skies. Low 53F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph.
5%
Tomorrow
Mar 01

Details Rain
Hi: 77° Lo: 61°
Day: Likely moderate rain showers with scattered thunder. High 77F, humidity 65%. Winds SSE at 15 to 20 mph.
65%
Night: Chance of moderate rain showers with isolated thunder. Low 61F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
15%
Friday
Mar 02 Sprinkles
Hi: 73° Lo: 51°
Chance of moderate rain showers with isolated thunder. High 73F and low 51F. Winds SW at 15 to 20 mph.
55%
Saturday
Mar 03 Sprinkles
Hi: 66° Lo: 39°
Slight chance of light rain showers. High 66F and low 39F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
40%
Sunday
Mar 04 AM Rain
Hi: 62° Lo: 39°
Partly cloudy skies. High 62F and low 39F. Winds NW at 15 to 20 mph.
0%
Monday
Mar 05 Clear
Hi: 62° Lo: 40°
Sunny skies. High 62F and low 40F.
0%
Tuesday
Mar 06 Fair
Hi: 70° Lo: 43°
Mostly clear skies. High 70F and low 43F.
0%
Wednesday
Mar 07 PM Rain
Hi: 70° Lo: 50°
Cloudy with drizzle. High 70F and low 50F.
45%
Thursday
Mar 08 Showers / Clear
Hi: 72° Lo: 56°
Drizzle. High 72F and low 56F.
40%
Friday
Mar 09 Fair
Hi: 73° Lo: 57°
Mostly clear skies. High 73F and low 57F.
40%

Old 02-28-2007, 07:01 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,083,146 times
Not for me. Ive gone outside all the time in 50 to 60 degree and I love it. I do have to wear a shirt indoors when it gets to 65 otherwise I go shirtless. I guess I just tolerate cold pretty well. I really am going to have to visit the northeast in the middle of winter and see how that feels. I have no idea what anything below 40 degrees feels like.

Even St. Augustine, FL has much better weather than West Palm Beach! Its 74 right now outside! Let me go out and see how this feels. Ok it feels pretty warm even outside!

Last edited by Need_affordable_home; 02-28-2007 at 07:22 PM..

Old 02-28-2007, 07:04 PM

go to st augustine next week if you want to feel 40 degree temps.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Not for me. Ive gone outside all the time in 50 to 60 degree and I love it. I do have to wear a shirt indoors when it gets to 65 otherwise I go shirtless. I guess I just tolerate cold pretty well. I really am going to have to visit the northeast in the middle of winter and see how that feels. I have no idea what anything below 40 degrees feels like.

Even St. Augustine, FL has much better weather than West Palm Beach! Its 74 right now outside! Let me go out and see how this feels. Ok it feels pretty warm even outside!
Cold can be more then you can imagine. I was in Italy and going to Austria through the Alps in the winter and my wife and I got snowed in for a short time before someone came along. This was the last patrol through the pass before they were going to close it. No one would have found our bodies for months. Anyway, we were so cold it hurt. I have heard freezing death was a pleasant way to die but I don't think so.

My hands and feet and all my joints felt like I was being pressed in a vice. I don't think I was warm for a week after that. Cold weather and snow actually scares me a little. People just take a wrong turn and end up dying. Really cold weather and snow is no joke, I hate it. I don't mind cool weather but I have no desire to live where it snows even a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida