Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:53 AM

497 posts, read 1,567,701 times

Advertisements

For those of you who used to live up north and for those of you considering leaving Florida and coming up to the frozen tundra of the northeast here are some pictures I took on Wednesday. Keep in mind this is after considerable melting of the snow pack we had about a week ago...but don't worry...just today we got about 3 inches more with 2 more snow storms coming before the end of the year will make sure the snow pack doesn't go away completely. Anyway, here are the pics...They are from Portland Maine on a walking/jogging trail that I use often....

[/quote]

Old 12-28-2007, 05:18 AM

164 posts, read 652,966 times
Gee that looks so depressing .I never would like to live there sorry.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:50 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,168,132 times
Is this year warmer than previous years?

Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,492,323 times
Here I can add to the snow effect.. here's after NO snow melt becasue we haven't had sun for like 3 weeks. 23 inches of snow for the month of december. A snow storm every sunday for 3 weeks straight. Freezing rain, then snow on top, then a black ice warning all last night. Snow up to my chest in the front yard.. Guess what state I'm moving back to in June. I've come to realize I could be sitting on the beach right now bbqing..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0251.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0283.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0287.jpg (broken link)

snow up to windows.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0267.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-28-2007, 07:19 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,168,132 times
Looks cold brrrrr!!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 07:20 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,454,401 times
Tara, it's so good to hear that you decided on moving back to Fla. I know how excited you were above living up north. Unfortunately, it does have it's downside. But now you've gotten to do that and you won't have to wonder ever about which area of the country is right for you. What area of Fla. will you be moving to?

Old 12-28-2007, 07:34 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,492,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Tara, it's so good to hear that you decided on moving back to Fla. I know how excited you were above living up north. Unfortunately, it does have it's downside. But now you've gotten to do that and you won't have to wonder ever about which area of the country is right for you. What area of Fla. will you be moving to?
Yes I feel like a total jack a** cause I preached about up north, without living there... It was a good learning experience for me though. Having lived in Naples my entire life I had only one view. I had to leave to get a new and more accurate perspective. I can see now what people are talking about when they talk about the shoveling, the ice, the slush, the coldness, grey days, not being able to do anything.. I guess I am a beach baby after all. On top of that family probs have arisen so we figured it was better we're down there anyways. That just helped with our decision.. We are moving back to Naples hopefully in June.. We are crossing our fingers that the Sheriffs office will re-hire my husband.. Things are different now though cause before he was just a 911 dispatcher, now he's a certified officer. So there's more standards and what not.. But we're trying!!

Old 12-28-2007, 07:36 AM

388 posts, read 328,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
For those of you who used to live up north and for those of you considering leaving Florida and coming up to the frozen tundra of the northeast here are some pictures I took on Wednesday. Keep in mind this is after considerable melting of the snow pack we had about a week ago...but don't worry...just today we got about 3 inches more with 2 more snow storms coming before the end of the year will make sure the snow pack doesn't go away completely. Anyway, here are the pics...They are from Portland Maine on a walking/jogging trail that I use often....
I feel depressed just looking at those pictures. Even the birds look sad. lol.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:48 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,454,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
Yes I feel like a total jack a** cause I preached about up north, without living there... It was a good learning experience for me though. Having lived in Naples my entire life I had only one view. I had to leave to get a new and more accurate perspective. I can see now what people are talking about when they talk about the shoveling, the ice, the slush, the coldness, grey days, not being able to do anything.. I guess I am a beach baby after all. On top of that family probs have arisen so we figured it was better we're down there anyways. That just helped with our decision.. We are moving back to Naples hopefully in June.. We are crossing our fingers that the Sheriffs office will re-hire my husband.. Things are different now though cause before he was just a 911 dispatcher, now he's a certified officer. So there's more standards and what not.. But we're trying!!

Tara, don't feel bad about it. When you're battling hot days all your life, it would be natural to think there's got to be a cooler, cheaper way of living. It's just hard for people who have lived down South their entire lives to adjust to living up North. I remember you had problems with frozen pipes and that's not unusual. It is also rough because cars can rust from all the salt and you always need better batteries, better tires, engine heaters so you can plug them in, plenty of anti-freeze and Heet, etc. Winter heating bills can get pretty high. Believe me, I've lived up here my entire 52 years and there are so many days I want to pick up and just head south and go to the beach. At least you were brave enough to try out a new experience.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:56 AM

29 posts, read 98,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Looks cold brrrrr!!!!
Sadomasochistic?

A two week vacation I can swallow, I spent over 20 years outside civilization with average temp of 41 degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida