Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Um, not exactly. My fiance and I got approved at the bank and we make around 115,000 together. We're going to buy a 1 or 2 bedroom co-op, which are going for anywhere from 170k and up. It isn't nearly as expensive as you think. These are garden apartments in good condition too.
Okay, where is it, East Flatbush?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:29 AM

464 posts, read 1,742,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
I would watch out while Kayaking on lakes down here... Unless this is what you want to play with.
Well on second thought...I think ill just Kayak in my above ground pool.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:49 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
LOL.... There are places to go where you may be able to kayak, but I would still be a little nervous, them gators just pop up out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDeDo View Post
Well on second thought...I think ill just Kayak in my above ground pool.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:53 AM

That post was directed at Howdedoo. I lived near lake jessup in Sanford/Lake Mary in the Orlando area, and we went there to a small restaurant onthe water. When we went out to the dock, there were at least 30 of them floating around. Not where I want to be....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FringedNFab View Post
I don't kayak and have enough sense to stay away from lakes and ponds in the south so that's not an issue for me. I do however see that many avid outdoors people DO pay no mind to alligators and go out on lakes and rivers down there when kayaking. Many videos of Myakka State Park show people doing this very thing.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Also if you fall into Florida's warm inland waters you may have fun with bacterial infections. Ameboa are a constant threat.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Nothing like an open cut and a bacterial infection from the stagnant nasty water. I remember even up in the Orlando area we were going to go tubing at the springs and they closed it for bacteria problems with fecal matter... in a natural spring?!?!?!?!! Pool water for me, even that can be not so clean. I wonder if it is the warm water? I don't remember swimming up north and ever seeing a closed due to bacteria sign... I was more worried about leaches, or landing on a perch or pumpkin seed and getting stabbed in the foot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Also if you fall into Florida's warm inland waters you may have fun with bacterial infections. Ameboa are a constant threat.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Watch out for car burglars after building a special protective suit for swimming !

Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 AM

8 posts, read 36,381 times
[SIZE=3]FringedNFab I had to reply in regards to your posts, first let me say that you seem very quick to judge others that you do not even know. Come to Florida and try it before you start judging others. You may come to Florida and love the humidity but others don’t. And as far as you saying that you do not understand why others don’t just moved if they dislike it so much, unless you’re ready to help finance people, maybe again you had better think before you type. Not everyone has the funds to just up and move. I am in the middle of working on my move but I have every right to judge Florida because I have experienced it first hand and not just for a vacation but everyday in and out for 35 years. You seem to have already made up your mind about Florida, great for you, but this thread was for people who were uncertain whether Florida was a good place to live fulltime. And with your quick to judge attitude you will fit right in! I thought this was a place to have serious discussions about potential places to live and discussions about the towns that we already live in and not a hook-up site. Guess I was wrong.[/SIZE]

Old 09-08-2008, 10:30 AM

5 posts, read 22,669 times
Florida is horrible.
If you are under the age of 65 and not retired don't even bother living here. Everything is very expensive, jobs don't want to pay you what they should and the renting/ housing cost are so high.
Everyone I know is living pay check to pay check and doing everything they can to get out!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:47 AM

360 posts, read 1,909,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by College_student10 View Post
[SIZE=3]FringedNFab I had to reply in regards to your posts, first let me say that you seem very quick to judge others that you do not even know. Come to Florida and try it before you start judging others. You may come to Florida and love the humidity but others don’t. And as far as you saying that you do not understand why others don’t just moved if they dislike it so much, unless you’re ready to help finance people, maybe again you had better think before you type. Not everyone has the funds to just up and move. I am in the middle of working on my move but I have every right to judge Florida because I have experienced it first hand and not just for a vacation but everyday in and out for 35 years. You seem to have already made up your mind about Florida, great for you, but this thread was for people who were uncertain whether Florida was a good place to live fulltime. And with your quick to judge attitude you will fit right in! I thought this was a place to have serious discussions about potential places to live and discussions about the towns that we already live in and not a hook-up site. Guess I was wrong.[/SIZE]
I never once thought I was judging others, just stating the type of person I am and how much I already loved Florida from visiting there. And for ME, I believe it would be perfect for ME. Kind of hypocritical you think I'm so quick to judge, when others are so quick to, if someone even mentions that Florida may be perfect for them. Gawd help someone who'd rather vouch about the good things in Florida instead of bich about the bad of it. And REREAD my post, I said it's great to live in a place where one can always MOVE IF THEY HAD THE MEANS TO!! Like I do. As far as using this as some hookup thing, you must be reading into things too much, as I think there's nothing at all wrong with making new friends on here, especially ones in my situation who are going to be relocating themselves down there soon. If sometimes I do get off topic for 2 seconds about something and just start chatting about me or answering people, it's never long before I get back on topic again. You wanna talk about being so quick to judge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida