Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,127,272 times

Advertisements

One thing I never had an expectation of is people from the east coast having peeing matches in a thread that has nothing to do with..... well.... the east coast. I don't think anybody here gives a rats booty about what 'you guys' know or don't know about a different region. Go start another thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 07:51 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
One thing I never had an expectation of is people from the east coast having peeing matches in a thread that has nothing to do with..... well.... the east coast. I don't think anybody here gives a rats booty about what 'you guys' know or don't know about a different region. Go start another thread...
Better yet, they should go start their own website somewhere else......

Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Has anyone else noticed that the Florida forum use to be great for discussing things like the economy, environment, etc. and it has deteriorated to the level of immature and unintelligent name calling? Lately, I have been reading a lot of people writing like they are "experts" on every subject imaginable when they probably haven't ever read a newspaper and the last book read was part of a high school requirement. The "is what it is" nonsense was when this forum jumped the shark, for me. Well, that and and ridiculous stereotyping. Oh, and while we are at it, please note the spelling of the word "ridiculous." There is no "e" involved.

Anyway, I think if people had less expectations when moving anywhere there would be less disappointment and more happy and content people. Moving to be close to interests and hobbies is usually a smart move. If you move for the wrong reasons you will realize that in fairly short order.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:11 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,776,340 times
Well the pissing match is over for me... Done with that. Nothing like being singled out as stereotyping people when I didn't.

Was it me spelling Ridiculous wong? LOL.

I had no expectations of FL when I came. I knew nothing about it, but here I am still after 16 years. I don't demand anyhing to FL, it owes me nothing. I learned my career here, spent nearly half my life here.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:43 PM

810 posts, read 1,579,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the Florida forum use to be great for discussing things like the economy, environment, etc. and it has deteriorated to the level of immature and unintelligent name calling? Lately, I have been reading a lot of people writing like they are "experts" on every subject imaginable when they probably haven't ever read a newspaper and the last book read was part of a high school requirement. The "is what it is" nonsense was when this forum jumped the shark, for me. Well, that and and ridiculous stereotyping. Oh, and while we are at it, please note the spelling of the word "ridiculous." There is no "e" involved.

Anyway, I think if people had less expectations when moving anywhere there would be less disappointment and more happy and content people. Moving to be close to interests and hobbies is usually a smart move. If you move for the wrong reasons you will realize that in fairly short order.
WTH, your post does not help either, you are just as bad as they are. You just called a bunch of people a bunch of things. Let me edit that for you and delete the unnecessary stuff:

Quote:
"Has anyone else noticed that the Florida forum use to be great for discussing things like the economy, environment, etc. and it has deteriorated to the level of immature and unintelligent name calling? Lately, I have been reading a lot of people writing like they are "experts" on every subject imaginable

Anyway, I think if people had less expectations when moving anywhere there would be less disappointment and more happy and content people. Moving to be close to interests and hobbies is usually a smart move. If you move for the wrong reasons you will realize that in fairly short order"

Old 09-10-2010, 07:57 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
And there is one who seems to fight and argue with everyone here, no matter if you like Florida or not.

We used to be one big happy family here, we had our disagreements but we all managed to show respect for each other but now we have one who seems to be spitting fire at us all.

We moved to Florida more then 20 years ago with zero expectations. We never expected anything in return. We knew if we worked hard and remained positive that things would work out like they always do.

Some people expect to much and when they do not get to reach those expectations then they search for something or someone to blame.

Now that we are getting closer to moving back to Florida we still today more then 20 years ago DO NOT have any expectations.

We will make the best of things and will do everything we can do enjoy, respect and maintain our life in Florida.

Florida owes me nothing, I will "earn" my place in Florida and enjoy every minute of it.
You go, Sunny, go! Love your posts. I'm halfway back, be in FLA on Sunday for three weeks. Can't wait.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
And there is one who seems to fight and argue with everyone here, no matter if you like Florida or not.

We used to be one big happy family here, we had our disagreements but we all managed to show respect for each other but now we have one who seems to be spitting fire at us all.

We moved to Florida more then 20 years ago with zero expectations. We never expected anything in return. We knew if we worked hard and remained positive that things would work out like they always do.

Some people expect to much and when they do not get to reach those expectations then they search for something or someone to blame.

Now that we are getting closer to moving back to Florida we still today more then 20 years ago DO NOT have any expectations.

We will make the best of things and will do everything we can do enjoy, respect and maintain our life in Florida.

Florida owes me nothing, I will "earn" my place in Florida and enjoy every minute of it.
Problem fixed....

Old 09-10-2010, 08:24 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,249,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Isn't Florida still on the east coast?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Isn't Florida still on the east coast?
I'm gonna go with YES, but Shhhhhh, some people don't know yet.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:31 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,307,416 times
I don't really think of Florida as an East Coast state. In fact, I don't consider anywhere south of DC as being "East Coast." It may be, technically, but I consider Virginia on down to be the South. Florida is part of the South in some ways, but in other ways it's its own little world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida