Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 06:15 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Burdell-you'll appreciate this-I just made pepper/on/egg subs that I groaned over-so did DH!!!! People out here would go-"Ugh".

And the bread -Italian-came from Carlstadt,NJ!!!!! I'll be in heaven for awile.

That's funny, when I read your first post I was going to comment that you musta stlill had Joisey on your mind, peppers & eggs here is like grits in the South, a readily available staple.

I've been good as I want to take some load off my aging, creaky knees. Somewhere I read a claim that every pound you lose takes 4 pounds of load (I guess the impact raises the load) off you knees. I'm down about 5lbs and know from experience it's OK to reward myself every 5lbs or so. Time to start planning a nice pasta or risotto and a decent bottle of wine

Old 06-28-2008, 06:23 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
molochai.............nothing like Grandma's cooking. Good luck with your surgery.

Have no clue about tonight have to go to the store but I think tomorrow I will make a big pot of sauce, sausage, chourico and meatballs.

Have a great day everyone.
Quote:
Molochai-good idea-no cooking tonight! Safe trip, will be thinking of you and enjoy Grandma's cooking!!!
Thanks guys I'm hoping everything will go fine and I can get back to a normal life without pain.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:00 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,348,695 times
Burdell,
Quark is a kind of fresh soft cheese, something like a yogurt cheese.

Quark (cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Old 06-28-2008, 07:38 PM

67 posts, read 72,142 times
I was going to make cubed steak, fried chicken, a layered English pea/sour cream and cheese salad, a sweet potato casserole, a broccoli and cheese casserole, corn bread, lobster bisque, butterbeans, snap beans, brunswick stew, cheese and macaroni, pork chops, black eyed peas, tuna fish salad and a caramel cake. My friend is coming over in a little while. But I come home from work and seen a stray dog standing in my yard! I ran in the trailer and grabbed my 12 gauge and came back out and shot him. It barely grazed him though. He ran up under my carport and got behind my freezer bleeding like a stuck pig. I got some rope from my pickup truck and drug him out from behind the freezer and tied him to a tree and shot him again. He bit me while I was working with him, so I reckon now I've got to get a tetanus shot. I loaded the carcass onto my pickup truck and drove him to the dump. Then I come home and cleaned out the blood from my carport as best I could with some wash rags, a hand full of bleach and the water hose. Now I'm so give out that I decided to cook something else for supper. I grabbed some catfish from the freezer and am frying them now with some hushpuppies and sliced french fried potatoes. We're just gone make do with that and some leftover peach cobbler for dessert.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:16 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,407 times
What?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:59 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,959,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
"Tis a wise airline that avoids the wrath of a Joisey girl.
LOL - thanks for making me laugh.

DD got off without a hitch and when I got the call she was safely in my mothers care I fell asleep lol. I hardly slept at all last night, but definately made up for it today lol.

We had a "fend for yourself" night tonight. I had BBQ potato chips.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
We're going to give the steaks another try tonight. Hopefully with baked potatoes and a green salad. The weather here is sketchy---never really sure if and when it's going to rain. We ended up only getting a short rain last night---ugh! Just enough to change our dinner plans.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all-see we have a "troll" with a very weird sense of humor(?)..

Nic-knew all would be fine.

Tonight bar-b-cued babyback ribs, baked potatoes, salad.

No-Burdell we're back here in MN -home of non-existent good Italian food-so I do my own. Thankfully we have a deli that gets Taylor Pork Roll, Boars Head coldcuts and bread from Carlstadt!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
No-Burdell we're back here in MN -home of non-existent good Italian food-so I do my own. Thankfully we have a deli that gets Taylor Pork Roll, Boars Head coldcuts and bread from Carlstadt!

I figured you were back in MN but thought you'd probably gone back with a trunkful of supplies from NJ Interesting what you can get in that deli, especially the bread, maybe a displaced easterner behind the counter?

Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,620,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1980 View Post
I was going to make cubed steak, fried chicken, a layered English pea/sour cream and cheese salad, a sweet potato casserole, a broccoli and cheese casserole, corn bread, lobster bisque, butterbeans, snap beans, brunswick stew, cheese and macaroni, pork chops, black eyed peas, tuna fish salad and a caramel cake. My friend is coming over in a little while. But I come home from work and seen a stray dog standing in my yard! I ran in the trailer and grabbed my 12 gauge and came back out and shot him. It barely grazed him though. He ran up under my carport and got behind my freezer bleeding like a stuck pig. I got some rope from my pickup truck and drug him out from behind the freezer and tied him to a tree and shot him again. He bit me while I was working with him, so I reckon now I've got to get a tetanus shot. I loaded the carcass onto my pickup truck and drove him to the dump. Then I come home and cleaned out the blood from my carport as best I could with some wash rags, a hand full of bleach and the water hose. Now I'm so give out that I decided to cook something else for supper. I grabbed some catfish from the freezer and am frying them now with some hushpuppies and sliced french fried potatoes. We're just gone make do with that and some leftover peach cobbler for dessert.

You need a dog, border collie is my suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink