Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2018, 10:36 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannyBear View Post
We are having baked ham, Cheese "pit" (a bread pudding type thing with sharp cheddar cheese) asparagus, rolls and a lemon meringue pie.
Wait wait wait, whoa. How do you make THAT? You can't just say that casually and then move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 06:34 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
We are going to our club for Easter Buffet after church. They have a great assortment of foods and wonderful deserts.

http://www.trumbullcountryclub.com/?...aItem-jefs14qx

Last edited by sheena12; 03-21-2018 at 07:52 AM..

Old 03-21-2018, 07:37 AM

20,938 posts, read 28,449,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wait wait wait, whoa. How do you make THAT? You can't just say that casually and then move on.
Yeah! I was thinking the same thing. Cheesy bread? I am all for this!

Old 03-21-2018, 09:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I second that. In fact, that whole menu sounds pretty awesome.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:30 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
ham is the tradition up in new England.... lamb is quite popular too more lamb is sold on easter than any other holiday up here..

rib roasts pork roasts and baked chickens do also sell for easter....
We will probably have lamb. I don't understand why more people don't eat this springtime classic for Easter, but I have never met anyone who does. I almost never saw lamb in the stores when I was growing up in the Midwest, and it's still not always available at the local stores here.

Sides will probably be new potatoes, and either baby peas with mint or fresh, grilled asparagus. Not sure about dessert yet. Something with lemon and/or raspberries might be nice.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
We will probably have lamb. I don't understand why more people don't eat this springtime classic for Easter, but I have never met anyone who does. I almost never saw lamb in the stores when I was growing up in the Midwest, and it's still not always available at the local stores here.

Sides will probably be new potatoes, and either baby peas with mint or fresh, grilled asparagus. Not sure about dessert yet. Something with lemon and/or raspberries might be nice.
Oh, no, we used to have lamb for Easter every year when I was growing up.

I've posted elsewhere on this forum that I gave up meat two years ago, and that lamb was one of the first things that bothered me because they are so cute--but on the other hand, it was my favorite meat and it is the one I miss the most!

Such conflict. Your menu sounds wonderful. Enjoy.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:36 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,431,826 times
We will be on a flight across the pond on Easter day so we will be eating whatever comes in those nasty plastic dishes.

I'm doing Easter dinner for our folks over here this weekend, Roast lamb with all the trimmings

Old 03-21-2018, 06:39 PM

4,762 posts, read 793,685 times
Quote:
We used to have lamb on nearly every Easter when I was a kid. I lived on the east coast then, and yes, it's definitely true that lamb is notoriously difficult to find out here in the Midwest.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
We used to have lamb on nearly every Easter when I was a kid. I lived on the east coast then, and yes, it's definitely true that lamb is notoriously difficult to find out here in the Midwest.
I am surprised. I would think it would be raised out there.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:12 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Quote:

Many grocery stores just don't carry lamb for whatever reason. I live in the Northeast and lamb just isn't popular here for Easter dinner. It's all about the ham up here. Lamb does seem to be growing in popularity though...so maybe there's hope for lamb Easter one year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink