Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:19 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

I love black licorice..... and for some reason the licorice haters are very anti-licorice... so self-centered they don't even want it around them....(after their rant...I say that's how I feel about veggies)

love love love battered fried whole gut clams..... could eat a bushel!!

the little red ribs on Chinese menus.....you either love em or hate em...I love them could eat them every day

raw scallops.... use to drag for them with my father....shuck em and slurp them down whole...… couldn't get any fresher......still moving …. mmmm mmmm good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 05:03 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
I love lots of "unpopular" foods. About the only things I'm not a huge fan of are cilantro, hazelnuts and chocolate.

I put anchovies on my pizza, eat liver, love beets & Brussels sprouts; I also love black licorice, and slurp raw oysters every chance I get

Old 06-24-2019, 05:19 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Glad all you licorice lovers found each other. You can certainly have my share.

I don’t have any particularly weird tastes that I can think of. Pepperoni and pineapple pizza? It’s a sweet/spicy thing, but I know several other people who like it.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:35 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times
I like anchovies on my pizza.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:37 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Licorice is a big one for me, too--including the European salty licorice. Yum.

Fortunately for me and the other local licorice lovers, there's a classic candy shop just north of the city (Baldinger's Food from All Nations in Zelienople, Pennsylvania) that has an entire area devoted to all sorts of licorice. (That red licorice-shaped stuff is not licorice. "Red licorice"--pfft. )

Old 06-24-2019, 07:03 AM

273 posts, read 102,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
But surely you don’t mean spinach from a can?!?
Oh, no. Didn't even know about that til decades into adulthood.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:31 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
Liver.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:40 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Licorice is a big one for me, too--including the European salty licorice. Yum.

Fortunately for me and the other local licorice lovers, there's a classic candy shop just north of the city (Baldinger's Food from All Nations in Zelienople, Pennsylvania) that has an entire area devoted to all sorts of licorice. (That red licorice-shaped stuff is not licorice. "Red licorice"--pfft. )
I'm neutral on licorice. It's not a craving, but I won't spit it out, either. My husband inadvertently brought back a bag of the ammonium chloride salty licorice from Europe, and he won't touch it (and he loves traditional black licorice). I haven't tried it yet, but I might.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:53 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,187 times
Love me some,

Beef liver.
Chicken internal organs (cooked, mostly in a soup or sauteed).
Chicken skin in any form (cooked obviously).
Cilantro (i can eat it by itself).
Fish of any kind, cooked or raw depending on fish. Have not seen a fish or any sea-product I don't like.
Raw pork skin, cleaned of fur by slightly charring it with a blow torch. My grandpa used to raise pigs and it was our treat after a freshly slaughtered pig.
Pickled lard.

I do HATE cream of wheat with a passion. The thought of it makes me nauseated.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:56 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm good with everything on your list, plus black licorice. I'm not even allowed to have Sambuca in The house. And I enjoy kiver, sweet breads, and foie gras.

I LOVE carpaccio (one of the most delicious things I ever are was ostrich carpaccio in South Africa). I'm very very fond of steak tartare, even though it grosses out others at the table. As a kid, I would steal pieces of raw bacon. I'd still eat it, but know it's not safe.

You guys don't even want to think about some of the stuff I've eaten overseas. . .
Mmm, foie gras. How could anyone not like foie gras?!? But I have to admit the guilt factor is high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink