Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 10:31 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,106 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon foodie friends.

Lacey, very sorry to read that Mr. L is back in the hospital. I'm sure they will help him this time. Sending my best to him and, of course, to you too.

Tonight we're just throwing some Angus burgers on the grill. I'll make a salad to go with it.

Have a good day.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Hi foodies! Here for only a drop in today.

cyn I left ya a message to see if you could get a weekly massage on that arm or how about swimming daily? I agree with NMS you really don't want to wait too long it can get worse trust me.

skbs ahem is that 3rd child looking better yet since they only puddle in their diapers? Agree with kelsie on the crate/kennel.

Lacey is Mr. L feeling some what better today?

NMS safe travels and we'll be here when you get back.

Supper tonight will be figured out later we are off with errands today. Have a grand day foodies!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:48 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Moosketeer, I don't think you'd have made it at the baseball game I went to on Saturday.

It was 106 (41 C !!!!) per the car thermometer on the way there for the 7:05 PM start, and we ran into a major traffic jam on the way as a freeway was shut down.

There were older cars littered around the jam because they'd overheated and wouldn't start.

Once we got to the game, we were relieved that it "wasn't that bad" because it was a bit overcast. I think it was 99 by then. 96 when we left in the 8th inning, around 9:something. That's around 36 celcius..

Moosketeer is a girly-mon! We've gotta... PUMP HER UP!

(old Saturday Night Live reference Moosie)

Kidding aside, not that I was loving that weather, but your body really does adjust somewhat. My first year here from San Diego, I was such a girly-mon too.
I am one of those delicate flowers who flourish a lot better with rain and cool temperatures... I actually like English weather ( well the last 3 summers have been a tad on the extreme wet side even for me) and my dream destinations have always been mountains, coastal regions and temperate or Northern climes.

I always feel more alive somehow, more active in cool weather. The heat stifles me and I can't think of anything more boring than living somewhere with no distinct seasons, where it is sunny and warm all year round.

After a few days of unbroken sunshine I start hallucinating about clouds and torrential rain, snow, storms etc...

I don't know what it is but even as a kid Southern France lost its charms really quickly, I was always far more drawn to the Western Coastal areas despite the more unreliable weather.

That might be why beach bum is never going to be my ideal job ! Put me on a hot sunny beach and after 5 minutes of sitting down I am already wanting to go and move somewhere less inhospitable to my tastes.

I don't think I could do a resort beach holiday if you paid me. I would die of heat exhaustion and boredom ...

Put me on a Glacier or on a tiny sail-boat battered by the elements and I am happy Bunny however...

San Diego would be way too hot for me but I love North California. San Francisco is one of my favourite urban places in the US.

The humidity is what truly kills me though. Dry desert heat is OK but somewhere like the Amazon ( where I spent a little while) is insane. You never ever feel dry. In the Amazon your feet actually will start to rot if you don't take extreme care and sleeping is almost impossible.

The rewards are immense and make the pain and discomfort worth it but it is not something I relish I must admit.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
For dinnner.....I have scallops thawing out....yesterdays craving a day later.... Will probably just bake them with some Ritz cracker crumbs and butter.... and serve with rice and a salad...but that isnt written in stone.....not even in erasable crayon.
Boy that sure sounds good.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Kimba: I have a boneless chicken recipe which is in my second cookbook. Chicken Pomodoro, it is chicken cutlets, diced tomatoes, green onions, heavy cream, Vodka, c. broth. Done & on the table in 15 mins. If you would like the recipe just ask. kelsie
Wow! That sounds great, kelsie! I will definitely have to look into that in the near future, but right now I have my DD's friend here who is SO dang picky on what she eats. She only likes chicken, but she likes it plain and boring so basically I just cut it into strips and then stir fried them. I breaded a few of them for my DH. After Wednesday I will not have the girls here so I can experiment a bit more!

Old 06-30-2009, 11:19 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Afternoon all. Tonight for dinner will be mac and cheese. Something simple and easy. Will put a veggie on the side and maybe some biscuits. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 AM

2,870 posts, read 3,370,340 times
Maybe a cup of soup or broth and some tea.... nerves a wreck, still waiting on the contracts for business acquisition to be approved!

Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
LOL Still saying dog is easier than kid #3! We have a crate but Hubby decided he would let her out when he left for work because he felt she needed space... never mind the rest of us were sleeping!!! LOL... he is a softy... he just felt bad he got the puppy eyes and he was leaving. He will not do THAT again!!!! That dog is crazy sneaky!

Ok... so I just pulled the beef out of the freezer... anyone else as shocked as ME that I picked that up on my shopping trip? They have a chicken version I get often but I thought this would be a change hubby would enjoy. I thought I could do it once FOR HIM.... lol... once wouldn't KILL me and it was on a REALLY good sale. We will see how I do.... I will let you know how it went down later....

Old 06-30-2009, 11:41 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I don't think I've ever heard San Diego called hot before, Moosketeer... most people complain about how cold the ocean water is and how a summer day at the beach can be too cool to be laying around in your bathing suit. To each her own! You can have my share of the amazon jungle trip..

Have to stop by the bread store on the way home from work. What is the best bread for a roast beef sandwich, any suggestions?

Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
skbs, the crate is for the puppy's safety and yours too.I learned very quickly when she was little to always take her choker off in the house. Nosey little puppy very precocious, she walked over to an Antique bench I have in the LR and got her choker stuck between the slats. She could have chocked. Another time when she was older I heard this banging coming from the kitchen, I ran in to find her trying to get a pie that I had on the back of the stove, and she turned the burner on. They are a full time job for sure. I had to put her in puppy day care on and off for 6 mos. so I could get my book written. She is 5 years old & I still won't leave her in the house alone without being in her crate, dh wants to try, I will not, it is for her safety. We just removed the baby gates a year ago. When she was little she would jump into the wood fire place to eat the logs. Even her trainer couldn't break her of that one.

The gravy & meatballs smell delicious. I just finished lunch & can't wait for dinner.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone. 92 here right now. kelsie

MK: Take the largest bowl you have fill it completely with ice cubes and put it in front of your fan, you will cool off quickly. I do this when I want to sit outside. Try to stay cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink