Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:17 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvi03 View Post
Wild Style, you read his comment incorrectly. Cane Fan was referring to the other racist comments above.
ohhh ok, I apologize then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 02:45 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvi03 View Post
Such a good point. Right now in NYC it means living in the east or west side of Harlem or the South Bronx vs. Riverdale (multi million dollar homes). It makes a big difference.
There needs to be room for a middle class though, something that is missing from many South Florida cities.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:00 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
I think many of us from Michigan are going to have to disagree on your "worst economy" comment :O

Old 06-16-2008, 07:15 PM

59 posts, read 219,004 times
I am sure you are in a gated community in weston, and btw I chose to live close in because of all the things to do and most of the homes in my neighborhood are on the water which in most cases spells real money and not just people trying to keep up with the joneses who can,t afford to live where they really want to, I do not believe that I should have to live amongst trash no matter what their origin and they should be made to conform to the city ordinances . for all the taxes we pay broward county should have better code enforcers who don,t just drive around all day doing nothing and forgive me for not wanting to live in a concrete jungle behind gates just to keep the people of my own ethnicity who have less at bay...

Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 PM

600 posts, read 2,259,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane Fan View Post
You must live in pretty crappy neighborhood in Ft.Lauderdale and yes there are panhandlers in the bad areas ... so just stay out of these areas ... I live in Weston with my family a city that is nearly 50% Hispanic and I have NEVER SEEN or heard any roosters , or seen purple or blue houses .... you get what you pay for ... your argument is like living in the Fith Ward or South West Houston , the Bronx or Brooklyn , or Compton , Santa Ana or East LA and saying that Houston , NYC & Los Angeles suck because of the panhandlers and Hispanics in these cities .
As a matter of fact, I live in an exlusive waterfront neighborhood in Fort Lauderdale, and I probably paid more for my house than you did for your home in Wasteland, I mean Weston, where I wouldn't live if the house was given to me for free. Did you see The Stepford Wives? That's Weston, only Weston is almost all Hispanic. Rude and nasty hispanics too. The kind that think they are better than everyone else and that you should bow down to them. I've seen hispanics treating store sales clerks in Weston like they were dirt. AND, beware if the sales clerk doesn't speak Spanish in Weston. The last time I checked, we were living in the USA, not Weston, Nicaragua for God's sake. The reason you don't see purple and blue houses is because all of your Stepford Wives subdivision in Weston are all gated with strict deed restrictions. If you ever left your walled and gated kindom and went into the real world where culture and beaches abound, you'd see all the panhandlers around the city and the beaches. Broward county has over 10,000 homeless people, none of which reside in Weston under a bridge, like they do here on the east side of the county. You got exactly what you paid for in Weston: almost all hispanic residents, a sterile, bland and boring environment and lots or walls, gates and rules. Enjoy it. I'm leaving for greener pastures, as are most English speaking south Florida residents.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:38 AM

245 posts, read 1,171,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
As a matter of fact, I live in an exlusive waterfront neighborhood in Fort Lauderdale, and I probably paid more for my house than you did for your home in Wasteland, I mean Weston, where I wouldn't live if the house was given to me for free. Did you see The Stepford Wives? That's Weston, only Weston is almost all Hispanic. Rude and nasty hispanics too. The kind that think they are better than everyone else and that you should bow down to them. I've seen hispanics treating store sales clerks in Weston like they were dirt. AND, beware if the sales clerk doesn't speak Spanish in Weston. The last time I checked, we were living in the USA, not Weston, Nicaragua for God's sake. The reason you don't see purple and blue houses is because all of your Stepford Wives subdivision in Weston are all gated with strict deed restrictions. If you ever left your walled and gated kindom and went into the real world where culture and beaches abound, you'd see all the panhandlers around the city and the beaches. Broward county has over 10,000 homeless people, none of which reside in Weston under a bridge, like they do here on the east side of the county. You got exactly what you paid for in Weston: almost all hispanic residents, a sterile, bland and boring environment and lots or walls, gates and rules. Enjoy it. I'm leaving for greener pastures, as are most English speaking south Florida residents.
lol....true

Old 06-17-2008, 04:27 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,400,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post

Wow, you make it sound like hispanics are the cause of all the problems down here. I guess you're out of touch with reality. Good luck with your green pastures.

So you live in an exclusive waterfront neighborhood where people leave shopping carts all over the place including your yard, and people are cramming 20 to a house? OK, sure.

Last edited by Miami Vice; 06-17-2008 at 05:36 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 08:27 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
I guess you're out of touch with reality. Good luck with your green pastures.
Chattanooga has one of the lowest rude people rates because the Hispanic rate is low. All of the good English speaking suckers...ermm...I mean people are moving to the pristine, ultra safe, cultural mecca of Chattanooga.

But the homeless population is WAY lower there. Not sure why this poster made it sound like a new thing though, it's been an unfortunate problem since the inception of this area.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled To Reply View Post
chattanooga Has One Of The Lowest Rude People Rates Because The Hispanic Rate Is Low. All Of The Good English Speaking Suckers...ermm...i Mean People Are Moving To The Pristine, Ultra Safe, Cultural Mecca Of Chattanooga.

But The Homeless Population Is Way Lower There. Not Sure Why This Poster Made It Sound Like A New Thing Though, It's Been An Unfortunate Problem Since The Inception Of This Area.
Roflmao :d

Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 AM

245 posts, read 1,171,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Roflmao :d
ditto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area