Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2007, 09:27 AM

553 posts, read 1,934,880 times

Advertisements

I am in Holbrook now but grew up in Sayville on browns river. I still fish for stripers moriches mostly, last fall was great. I also fished the riverview a few times. I will miss the stripers but the snook down there are pretty fun. I will be semi retired hurt also at 45.I am planning on buying in sandoval do you know it? 10 min from pine island. I still have one child school age and it looks like a nice place. You cant afford nothing here anymore,and I know you know what I am saying about water access here. I live on an island and can hardly use the water silly isnt it. Oh and for the people complaining about the crab pots live with it,it is a way of life that is precious I wish we still had that here. talk to you all soon. Thanks for any info on Sandoval.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I have lots of family there. My MIL is now in foreclosure, as is my aunt and uncle.

I have heard that Nashville is not as friendly as other places.

You take care, too.
not to get personal why forclosure? If you bought there a long time ago your homes did not cost that much. or did you do what everyone else did and refi to much? The reason i am interested is because I do mortgages on the side and this is what alot of people have done and that is why they cant sell, not everyone bought when the market was up. Anyway sorry to here that but some people shoul cut there losses and move on. I know the realestate people are still living in a fog but they know the truth.Also once the tax thing is solved and the homeowners is solved florida will come back strong. There are alot of baby boomers that will retire,and they are starting now. Take care.
Oh yea why did you move?

Old 07-08-2007, 09:49 AM

159 posts, read 551,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
I am in Holbrook now but grew up in Sayville on browns river. I still fish for stripers moriches mostly, last fall was great. I also fished the riverview a few times. I will miss the stripers but the snook down there are pretty fun. I will be semi retired hurt also at 45.I am planning on buying in sandoval do you know it? 10 min from pine island. I still have one child school age and it looks like a nice place. You cant afford nothing here anymore,and I know you know what I am saying about water access here. I live on an island and can hardly use the water silly isnt it. Oh and for the people complaining about the crab pots live with it,it is a way of life that is precious I wish we still had that here. talk to you all soon. Thanks for any info on Sandoval.
No I don't know where SANDOVAL is, I'll have to ask around and get back to you. Is that the name of the town or community?

If the people are in where crab pots are, unless in the Gulf, they will probably end up on a sand bar, Same as Moriches Bay. LOL

I'll be back up for the Riverview this year also.
I was out of Patchouge River for 7 years, used to follow that clam dredger around when he was working. Like a giant chum pot and the weakies where all over it.

Pulled a lot of Bass out of the Kismet area also

Last edited by NYBill; 07-08-2007 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 07-08-2007, 10:10 AM

Sandoval is a gated community off veterans. Yea the dredges are gone now, but the weakies were in heavy out west big ones too,13 lbs and better one guy missed the record by 4oz. bass were heavy at ocean beach last fall also.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:46 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
NY62: Yes, they refinanced. One did it because she panicked when her husband got sick and now can't pay it back. They are just waiting for it to foreclose and they are coming to Tennessee. The other one, well, she couldn't pay a $400 mortgage, let alone a $1,000 one. She has absolutely nothing to show for it. No home improvement, no vehicle. Just nuts.

We moved because my husband's boss retired. He sold his properties, including the house we rented from him. This was September of 2005, the height of the housing boom. I refused to pay $1,000 for a tiny apartment so we got out of Dodge.

There are other factors involved, but that was the final deciding factor.

At the time, the local daily paper did a story on us, and how the working class was being pushed out of the market.

Do I miss it? No. I wish there were more New Yorkers in Lee County. I might have stayed. Read between the lines with that one.

I looked up Sandoval. Seems like it is in a decent area and Bonita Bay has a very good reputation. In this market, who knows, but they should still be a company that won't sink. At least I hope so.

What ever you do, go very low on your offer.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,774 times
Default Do you mean Cape Coma!!!

I was going to relocate there, spent 1 day in town and just had to leave. Hotel was Horrible!!! I guess that's why they call it Cape Coma! Where I was living wasn't that bad, after visiting this crappy place. Not the best Florida has to offer by a long shot!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 AM

159 posts, read 551,268 times
ONE WHOLE DAY????

Check in hotel at 3 and out by 11 AM, guess you really saw a lot.

Tell me about the Baseball, football and soccer fields for kids as well as the BMX course, how about the Yacht Club swimming and sailing lessons,Life guard training, or the new schools or better yet the school programs itself. Did you see the development of Pine Island Road, I guess all those stores are going up or built for failure, like the Super Target, BJ's, Kohl's which by the way is only the third in Florida, all the chain resturants like Mel's Diner, Carabas plus all the privtely owned resturants. Lets not forget to mention the 2 newly added Homes Depot and Lowes. I guess all those compainies plan to fail and use this COMA Town as a right off. Maybe you have heard of Publix also they only have 3 new stores going up now also.

Hope you got to read the News Press while you where here ( probably the comic section).

Take a ride on a boat to find out what's close to the River or pick up a fishing rod, or maybe just try out a kyac fishing in some no motor zones. Or just take a peak at those horrible mangrove islands that are all over the place, which by the way support plenty of wildlife, birds, fish, some manatees, bald eagles, osprey.

Yea it's really terrible here

To bad you didn't get out of your car long enough to see everything the city has to offer instead of a drive by.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
NY62: Yes, they refinanced. One did it because she panicked when her husband got sick and now can't pay it back. They are just waiting for it to foreclose and they are coming to Tennessee. The other one, well, she couldn't pay a $400 mortgage, let alone a $1,000 one. She has absolutely nothing to show for it. No home improvement, no vehicle. Just nuts.

We moved because my husband's boss retired. He sold his properties, including the house we rented from him. This was September of 2005, the height of the housing boom. I refused to pay $1,000 for a tiny apartment so we got out of Dodge.

There are other factors involved, but that was the final deciding factor.

At the time, the local daily paper did a story on us, and how the working class was being pushed out of the market.

Do I miss it? No. I wish there were more New Yorkers in Lee County. I might have stayed. Read between the lines with that one.

I looked up Sandoval. Seems like it is in a decent area and Bonita Bay has a very good reputation. In this market, who knows, but they should still be a company that won't sink. At least I hope so.

What ever you do, go very low on your offer.
I am sorry to here all that ,I have seen alot of people taken advantage of by mortgage people I hate that. I always do the rite thing by people but that is just me its not always about the money. anyway take care and you know what I think there is more new yorkers then you think,heck I was there one day and met three of them,and thats not counting my cousin who lives there and my friend and her friends . They will be coming believe me cause mortgages up here avg 3000.00 a month and the young people figure a way to do it I dont know how but they do. but most just graduating talk of moving south after college. Thanks for your honesty take care

Old 07-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnoway View Post
I was going to relocate there, spent 1 day in town and just had to leave. Hotel was Horrible!!! I guess that's why they call it Cape Coma! Where I was living wasn't that bad, after visiting this crappy place. Not the best Florida has to offer by a long shot!
No and not the worst, depends what you are looking for,Naples is great but not for your avg family checked it all out schools and all. I love fishing and nature to me seeing a bald eagle is big,seeing a dolphin everytime I go to the water is unbelievable, I am not a night club guy if I do want that it really is not that far away.So you see it is where you are at in your life. That makes places nice or not to different people.Oh yea pine island to me was way cool but someone else mite not,Oh well to each his own that is what makes this agreat country. Take care

Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 AM

Hey NYBill can you believe fluke have to be 19 and a half inches this year? That is a nice fluke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area