Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,192 times

Advertisements

Hmmm......no jobs (for a person with higher education you will not get paid what you deserve and you will hear the word OVERQUALIFIED ALOT), not that many tools for success in the future in terms of colleges, ect., not really ethnically diversed, the city council there tends to think of their own pockets instead of the citizens by raising living expenses when people do not have jobs to begin with, to me from my experience there are alot of the young people there have no motivation or have the desire to take the necessary steps to get ahead but then I have met some which is rare. The public school systems to me are a little shaky, North Fort Myers lets kids use calculators in class which to me is a travesty if your child is going to take a SAT or military ASVAB test in the future. Oh yeah that toll that goes from Fort Myers to Cape Coral makes you wonder WHY IN THE HELL PAYING FOR A TOLL TO GO HOME?!!! its not a metropolitan city for crying out loud but you have to still pay a toll.....doesn't make sense. For all you people looking to relocate.....CAPE CORAL IS NOT THE PLACE TO GO.......I am glad I got the f#ck out!!! I pay more in California but I always have something to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,489,843 times
IMO- we were just down for a visit in Cape Coral to see my in laws. We used to live there, but moved to another state. Anyway, I am glad we left. I think the city population has gotten older than when we were there. I think perhaps because all the families may have left due to jobs etc. The senior people were all very nice. Traffic has lessened some, but those on the road are the ones left and do not seem very happy and I can undertand that. The kindness that used to be there is not there anymore(except for some seniors). it just seems everyone is miserable. I don't know, I guess I am just thinking that we are so much happier where we are now, but I do miss the family!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 AM

3 posts, read 13,716 times
Default cape coral is garbage

ok let me clear things up about cape coral. this place use to be great. i have lived here for 20 years. right around 2004 it started to go dwon hill, and now it has went down to far to ever go back up. its a very unsafe place to live. hispanic people have taken this place over and they know it. it use to be full of old folks and hard working young families. now its all criminals. everywhere you go there is some thug trying to stare you down. alot of blacks live here now as well. even the whire kids think they are gangsters and will try to mess with you. i carry my gun everywhere i go. like i said cape coral is a dump. beware!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:19 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigdank View Post
ok let me clear things up about cape coral. this place use to be great. i have lived here for 20 years. right around 2004 it started to go dwon hill, and now it has went down to far to ever go back up. its a very unsafe place to live. hispanic people have taken this place over and they know it. it use to be full of old folks and hard working young families. now its all criminals. everywhere you go there is some thug trying to stare you down. alot of blacks live here now as well. even the whire kids think they are gangsters and will try to mess with you. i carry my gun everywhere i go. like i said cape coral is a dump. beware!
You are exaggerating here. There are a lot of nice people in Cape Coral. Yeah, you might have some bad areas and what have you, but what city doesn't have that. I was just there two months ago and had no problems, I didn't see any thugs staring me down. Cape Coral is a big city, and from what I understand , the crime there (even though it may have increased) isn't as bad as some other cities with it's pop. size. Also, your black-white-Hispanic analogy is not good. Anybody can commit crime, no matter what race, what color. Just because they are black or Hispanic doesn't meant that they are a "thug". Yes, there is a bigger Hispanic population is Cape Coral than in previous years, but there a lot of nice Hispanics as well as some bad ones. Same goes for any race. Cape Coral isn't a dump, some areas are nice, some are bad. Welcome to Earth - every city has it's good and bad. You just have to know which is which and try to avoid the bad areas. You don't have to carry a gun with you wherever you go, it's not that bad. If you really feel that threatened in Cape Coral or any city you live in that you think you require a gun with you wherever you go, then you may want to consider packing your bags and going elsewhere. I have two 80 year old aunts in Cape Coral, neither one of them fear for their lives, they seem very happy there. They found the nice areas, and found the right crowd of people. If you do that, then you're OK. Don't try to scare people, because it's no where near as bad as you are saying.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:47 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times
and the gun debate continues

it's his choice to carry, you don't need to attack that.

none of this area is like it used to be
hell, i grew up in east fort myers... GASP.. i know, right? well back when my mom moved us in there, it was mostly white families, a quiet neighborhood, slowly but surely the migration occurred, then we had two cars stolen by wannabe gangstas, house was broken into, and my mom decided to move out shortly after i did, she offered me to take over the house payments, and i politely declined, as i refuse to raise a child in that dump...

parts of the cape and parts of lehigh and parts of ft myers are all becoming that way

you are right about as much as it's "only certain parts" but the infection spreads everywhere

Old 10-26-2009, 05:07 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
and the gun debate continues

it's his choice to carry, you don't need to attack that.

none of this area is like it used to be
hell, i grew up in east fort myers... GASP.. i know, right? well back when my mom moved us in there, it was mostly white families, a quiet neighborhood, slowly but surely the migration occurred, then we had two cars stolen by wannabe gangstas, house was broken into, and my mom decided to move out shortly after i did, she offered me to take over the house payments, and i politely declined, as i refuse to raise a child in that dump...

parts of the cape and parts of lehigh and parts of ft myers are all becoming that way

you are right about as much as it's "only certain parts" but the infection spreads everywhere
I am not attacking anything. If he wants to carry a gun, fine. However, you don't have to carry a gun to be safe in Cape Coral. Lehigh Acres and Fort Myers... maybe, but not Cape.

The problem is that everybody has there own opinion and the people who don't like Cape Coral will do anything to criticize it. Cape Coral is not that bad, I think that people that don't like Cape Coral will see things that aren't there or exaggerate on little things to make it seem like a bigger problem. If you don't like Cape Coral, then leave. There are 66 other counties in Florida and 49 other states in the U.S. Choose one of them and be happy.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:38 AM

Cape coral sucks for two reasons:
1. Ridiculous tolls for very unkept roadways
2. You cannot park a truck in front of your house (how effing ignorant are the rest of their rules?)

Old 10-27-2009, 06:40 AM

317 posts, read 772,446 times
Umm, yes you can park a truck in front of your house. I have two parked in front of mine right now.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 AM

i was being facetious lol, sorry

Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 AM

317 posts, read 772,446 times
Ah. Wasn't sure if you just didn't know it had been changed (since it was illegal at one time). I think the WORST thing about Cape Coral is that I am not allowed to hang my clothes on a line if the line can be seen from the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area