Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2021, 02:19 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
North also has Chipotle which is considered casual rather than fast.
Does Chipotle not exist anywhere else? Pretty sure ppl in CA were eating it long before we were …
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 03:39 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Does Chipotle not exist anywhere else? Pretty sure ppl in CA were eating it long before we were …
Chipotle is all over the U.S., but it originated in Denver.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:15 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,065,539 times
It actually started in Denver in 1995, not California.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm at least sure for these 2 chains, that you got the state of their first location wrong. The first location of Hardee's actually was in Greenville, NC. As for Krystal, their very 1st location was in Chattanooga, TN.

For Hardee's, I can see how you guessed that one wrong. For a little while(not sure if that's still the case today), the eastern division of the CKE company (parent company of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's) was based somewhere in the Saint Louis area. Not sure if that's still the case, today.

And page 58 of this thead and seeing that youtube video, was interesting. As I never was sure how to pronounce the town name of Havre de Grace(MD), till now!
I just want to point out that Chattanooga, TN is on the border of TN and GA.

HAV-r-de-GRACE. I think back in 2014 I said "HAV-e-de-GRACE" but I left out the slight R sound - LOL. But you won't get stared at weirdly if you say "HAV-e-de-GRACE." LOL Just don't say HAVVER duh grace!

Old 07-21-2021, 07:17 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Chipotle is a great enigma to me. I see a few of them here and there, yet I don’t anyone who eats at them? Everyone I’ve ever known goes to a local taco shop for burritos.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:30 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm at least sure for these 2 chains, that you got the state of their first location wrong. The first location of Hardee's actually was in Greenville, NC. As for Krystal, their very 1st location was in Chattanooga, TN.

For Hardee's, I can see how you guessed that one wrong. For a little while(not sure if that's still the case today), the eastern division of the CKE company (parent company of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's) was based somewhere in the Saint Louis area. Not sure if that's still the case, today.

And page 58 of this thead and seeing that youtube video, was interesting. As I never was sure how to pronounce the town name of Havre de Grace(MD), till now!
Hardee’s and their menu that everyone knows today is Carl’s Jr. that was started in Los Angeles back in the 1940’s. They bought Hardee’s in the 1990’s and changed their menu, logo, marketing, etc, to mimic Carl’s Jr.

I remember eating at Hardee’s when visiting family Michigan as a kid and it was its own thing. When I went back as an adult it was like walking into a Carl’s Jr. I was seriously perplexed when I walked in and looked at the menu board.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:43 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Chipotle is a great enigma to me. I see a few of them here and there, yet I don’t anyone who eats at them? Everyone I’ve ever known goes to a local taco shop for burritos.
Replying in a bumped necro thread but….

In my zip code in New England, there isn’t a taco stand on every block. My town of 34,000 has one local chain Mexican place I’ve never been to and a Chipotle. When we’re in Colorado at our Beaver Creek ski place, we eat Mexican frequently. Here, basically never. The food quality for Mexican here is pretty lousy. I make my own rather than suffer through lousy Tex-Mex.

I used to work in Denver a lot. If I had evening conference calls to Asia, I’d occasionally eat Chipotle for dinner in my hotel room while doing my couple hour phone call. If you only have a few minutes between the customer site and your conference calls, you pick something quick. It’s better than the other fast food options if your hotel is in chain restaurant hell. With more time, I’d Google a local place.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:31 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,739,523 times
Quote:
We have one by me(medium size city in western Washington). Tried it and wasn't a huge fan. We have lots of authentic mexican food trucks and restaurants luckily which are all way better.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:38 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
I prefer Moe's over Chipotle.

I used to really like Qdoba, but they shut most of them down.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:11 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
I love Chipotle. Then again the Mexican food here is just ok. We def dont have the type of taco shops you guys have. Still, Chipotle is pretty legit. My husband went to school in CA & ate there all the time … we both love it here now too. It’s all like fresh & delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.