Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is Texas?
The South 97 51.87%
The Southwest 22 11.76%
The West 1 0.53%
The Midwest 3 1.60%
Can't categorize it. It's just Texas. 64 34.22%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 02:21 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfgsn View Post
Religion absolutely does make someone culturally different. It affects their beliefs, how they go about their daily lives. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard on here.
No it doesn't, what is going on in the south that isn't going on in the rest of the nation when it comes to religious beliefs and how they go about their daily lives? nothing. they go about their daily lives just how we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 02:24 PM

89 posts, read 128,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No it doesn't, what is going on in the south that isn't going on in the rest of the nation when it comes to religious beliefs and how they go about their daily lives? nothing. they go about their daily lives just how we do.
ok fine. there is no south or north...it's just a figament of my imagination

Old 10-22-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
ok fine. there is no south or north...it's just a figament of my imagination
Thank you for admitting you were wrong.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Thank you for admitting you were wrong.
I didn't admit I was wrong, obviously you can't detect sarcasm.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I didn't admit I was wrong, obviously you can't detect sarcasm.
Care to actually reply to my post
what is going on in the south that isn't going on in the rest of the nation when it comes to religious beliefs and how they go about their daily lives? nothing. they go about their daily lives just how we do.
^
Do you agree with this or not? if not, explain.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:41 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Texas is a region all to itself!

Old 10-22-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Care to actually reply to my post
what is going on in the south that isn't going on in the rest of the nation when it comes to religious beliefs and how they go about their daily lives? nothing. they go about their daily lives just how we do.
^
Do you agree with this or not? if not, explain.
I don't have to explain a thing to you. Get lost. Texas is part of the south culturally, demographically, linguistically, and historically. Badabing. Badaboom. There you go. Oh no, wait..it's just like your home state of Minnesota. There's no such thing as regions. Everyone talks the same, acts the same, politically believes the same, has the same flora and fauna, etc. It's a nice dream, but it's not true.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:49 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,037,926 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight. You think Louisville and Texas aren't Southern yet you think Baltimore is Southern? You have just told me all I need to know about you.
Does he really think that??? He must be smoking some exotic stuff straight from snoop dogg.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I don't have to explain a thing to you. Get lost. Texas is part of the south culturally, demographically, linguistically, and historically. Badabing. Badaboom. There you go. Oh no, wait..it's just like your home state of Minnesota. There's no such thing as regions. Everyone talks the same, acts the same, politically believes the same, has the same flora and fauna, etc. It's a nice dream, but it's not true.
Yes, most people here speak English, and people either support Republicans or Democrats.
A lot like the rest of the country.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,037,926 times
Quote:
Yes, most people here speak English, and people either support Republicans or Democrats.
A lot like the rest of the country.
Here is a fact. East Texas is considered the far western extention of the deep south. The south culturally starts to slowly fade in central texas. Now most of the population in Texas is in the eastern portion of the state. A lot of Texans are culturally southern with a twang. So basically what I'm saying is if you ask a Texan if they are southern they will likely say yes because of the part of Texas they are from. Now far west Texas is where the southwest talk comes in but unfortunately a small percentage of residents live in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.