Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which cities in different regions are the most similar to you?
NYC-Chicago 12 24.00%
Baltimore-St. Louis 28 56.00%
Detroit-Los Angeles 3 6.00%
Other (Please explain why in a post) 9 18.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 01:19 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,858,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
It isn't strictly defined by the census bureau, it's whatever he wants. while the OH/PA/NY border is infallible in separating the Midwest and Northeast, Maryland and Delaware are Northeastern by his apparently perfect definition of regions.
You don't have to agree with it. Quit the personal attacks. Outside of the Census Bureau, Maryland and Delaware almost universally considered Northeastern. That's not the case with NY and PA being considered the same region as Ohio. They are NEVER considered Midwestern and Ohio is NEVER considered Northeastern.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Nowhere did this thread say, "Strictly according to the regions designated by the U.S. Census Bureau......". No, different people interpret regions differently. That's what I mean by there is no gray area with you, everything is either black or white. Many people have already based their comments on this thread based on unofficial regions like; the Rust Belt, Sun Belt, Appalachia, Deep South, Great Lakes Region, Upper Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and the list goes on. So just chill out man and stop disagreeing with every single poster on here.
No I'm not going to agree with unsupported opinions. I've got facts on my side unlike all of you.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
New Orleans is a very blue city, it certainly isn't Northeastern.
New Orleans is an anomaly.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:29 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,008,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U146 View Post
New Orleans is an anomaly.
Birmingham, AL; Atlanta, GA; Raliegh, NC; Louisville, KY are all very Blue.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Birmingham, AL; Atlanta, GA; Raliegh, NC; Louisville, KY are all very Blue.
They're also all culturally Southern. Baltimore is culturally and linguistically Northeastern like Philadelphia. I've been there. If you think that's the South you've never been to the South.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:32 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,008,176 times
Quote:
You don't have to agree with it. Quit the personal attacks. Outside of the Census Bureau, Maryland and Delaware almost universally considered Northeastern. That's not the case with NY and PA being considered the same region as Ohio. They are NEVER considered Midwestern and Ohio is NEVER considered Northeastern.
Maryland can be considered Southern, thus Baltimore and Philly are valid answers to the OP.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Maryland can be considered Southern, thus Baltimore and Philly are valid answers to the OP.
No they aren't. Maryland is NOT the South. The Census Bureau has it wrong. Anyone with an education knows Maryland is not the South. I know you believe it is but something tells me you just take the Mason Dixon as a hard boundary that can't be disputed. The argument for Maryland being Southern from a modern standpoint is very weak. Hence the argument is invalid. You can feel free to disagree but I'm not changing my tune. You in fact are wrong but you'll never admit it. Hence you're a waste of my time and energy.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:54 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,816,675 times
Quote:
No I'm not going to agree with unsupported opinions. I've got facts on my side unlike all of you.
There you go again. Has to always be your way and nobody else's, right?

Old 08-14-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
There you go again. Has to always be your way and nobody else's, right?
Certainly not your way. Your way excludes Louisiana from the real South which is the most ridiculous thing I've heard, as well as Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky all of which constitute the real South. Your way is certainly and factually incorrect.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:29 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,088,930 times
Quote:
No they aren't. Maryland is NOT the South. The Census Bureau has it wrong. Anyone with an education knows Maryland is not the South. I know you believe it is but something tells me you just take the Mason Dixon as a hard boundary that can't be disputed. The argument for Maryland being Southern from a modern standpoint is very weak. Hence the argument is invalid. You can feel free to disagree but I'm not changing my tune. You in fact are wrong but you'll never admit it. Hence you're a waste of my time and energy.
You do realize, none of this is facts, right? You are just repeating what you think and how everyone else should believe the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.