Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 04:30 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times

Advertisements

Said to myself, I've got to put this on C-D. LOL

I can't really say who it is but I just got back from the 24-hr Safeway and ran into an old flame. He went to a different high school but I covered sports for our high school paper and I met him when we played(and lost against) his school--speaking of which, Im definitely NOT talking about Jason Kidd, who also grew up with us at this time and I do know him too, but that's not who Im talking about.

Anyway, after the game(We were 16yo btw) I was walking back to the bus stop to go home when he runs up to me and asks me if he could interview me since I got to ask him questions about basketball. He was really hot even back then so I said uh, okay.

That began a really interesting and secretive relationship(didnt tell anyone but one of my sisters and one of my brothers) that lasted the summer before my senior year in high school. We remained friends but as with many relationships that began pre-social networking websites, we simply lost touch. I saw a few of his movies with friends but never told a soul anything except that I interviewed him for our school paper when we were kids.

Anyway, I never saw him again until late tonight as I was leaving Safeway and I was unloading the bags of shopping into the back of my SUV and he taps me on the shoulder. So we hugged and exchanged pleasantries. He still looks good--LOL. He says he's up from LA visiting his family and friends while he's on a break from filming some project. Says he likes coming home cause its so normal and unplastic. Whatever that means.

We exchanged numbers and email addresses, hugged again and went on our separate ways(he was with a girlfriend-oops). Anyway before I even got home he texts to make sure I arrived home safely.

All in all a nice guy-despite what the tabloids say. I didnt know about all the drama in his life till I googled him right now. Yikes. Price of fame I suppose.

Anyway,
I just texted back inviting him over to catch up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 05:58 AM

517 posts, read 1,318,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Said to myself, I've got to put this on C-D. LOL

I can't really say who it is but I just got back from the 24-hr Safeway and ran into an old flame. He went to a different high school but I covered sports for our high school paper and I met him when we played(and lost against) his school--speaking of which, Im definitely NOT talking about Jason Kidd, who also grew up with us at this time and I do know him too, but that's not who Im talking about.

Anyway, after the game(We were 16yo btw) I was walking back to the bus stop to go home when he runs up to me and asks me if he could interview me since I got to ask him questions about basketball. He was really hot even back then so I said uh, okay.

That began a really interesting and secretive relationship(didnt tell anyone but one of my sisters and one of my brothers) that lasted the summer before my senior year in high school. We remained friends but as with many relationships that began pre-social networking websites, we simply lost touch. I saw a few of his movies with friends but never told a soul anything except that I interviewed him for our school paper when we were kids.

Anyway, I never saw him again until late tonight as I was leaving Safeway and I was unloading the bags of shopping into the back of my SUV and he taps me on the shoulder. So we hugged and exchanged pleasantries. He still looks good--LOL. He says he's up from LA visiting his family and friends while he's on a break from filming some project. Says he likes coming home cause its so normal and unplastic. Whatever that means.

We exchanged numbers and email addresses, hugged again and went on our separate ways(he was with a girlfriend-oops). Anyway before I even got home he texts to make sure I arrived home safely.

All in all a nice guy-despite what the tabloids say. I didnt know about all the drama in his life till I googled him right now. Yikes. Price of fame I suppose.

Anyway,
I just texted back inviting him over to catch up.
Montclair that is scandalous......hmm who could you be talking about . Hints pretty please I am dying to know

Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
Montclair that is scandalous......hmm who could you be talking about . Hints pretty please I am dying to know
LOL....sorry kcee510, I can't give any hints.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:55 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Is it Gary Coleman?

Old 10-10-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Is it Gary Coleman?
OMG..........YES

jk no.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:44 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,002,301 times
If you live in LA/OC or NY you are bound to run into a few.

I partied with the Police and U2 before they made it big. Also with the Ramones, X, David Johansen and numerous other bands of the 80s

Hung out with Mick Foley when he was still in the Bush leagues (he was best friends with my girlfriends brother)

Sat next to Pat Sejak on a plane form LA to Baltimore.

Stood next to Andy Warhol at CBGBs

Alton Kelley (illustrator for the grateful dead, journey, steve miller) was my friend's dad

Had Diner with Eugene McCarthy

Use to see Dennis Rodman, Kobe Bryant, Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy)Morgan Freeman, Juliette Louis and Nicholas Cage pretty frequently around Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey

My stepdaughter was in Dodgeball

Directed a Photoshoot with Marc McGwire

Worked with Tawny Kitean's ex fiancé

Went to HS with Rick Horton (announcer and pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals)

I was asked to take a screen test for Amisted

And I remain friends with many Olympians and Olympic Medalists

Old 10-10-2009, 06:11 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Courtney Cox. Except we used to call her CC. Four years ago, she was in town for her child's christening. My wife and I were walking into a restaurant when she, her husband David Arquette, and Jennifer Aniston were walking out. I held the door open for her, and she recognized me and gave me a hug. She introduced me and my wife to her husband and Jennifer Aniston. Usually not at a loss for words, I was tongue-tied.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:59 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,582,823 times
I live in North Mississippi and have met the following:

Morgan Freeman - worked on his pc's at his home in Charleston
Red West - actor and former member of Elvis entourage
Eric "Butterbean" Esche - Boxer
Jerry Lawler

My wife manages a restaurant in Batesville and has met Justin Timberlake, Al Green, and a host of others I can't remember, all passing through and stopped to eat.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:55 AM

517 posts, read 1,318,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL....sorry kcee510, I can't give any hints.
Damn...

Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Clint Eastwood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.