Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times

Advertisements

This particular debate stems from Copius hours on the Range. Admittingly shock at the Consenus.

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Probably with the assumption that they had no children by choice. Having kids is brutal. I have four girls under 13 and I am aging at the rate of pi years per year. I sometimes day dream about what it would be like if my wife and I were DINKS. No stress, lots of disposable money, lots of disposable time.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Probably with the assumption that they had no children by choice. Having kids is brutal. I have four girls under 13 and I am aging at the rate of pi years per year. I sometimes day dream about what it would be like if my wife and I were DINKS. No stress, lots of disposable money, lots of disposable time.
I understand, I feel children are the Best and Worst gift!

Those whom make statements such as "I don't know where they would be without my children" are grouped in one of three Categories:

1: Full of Sh%t
2: Possess a nanny
3: Often away from Home i.e Work,Military

Old 05-16-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I understand, I feel children are the Best and Worst gift!

Those whom make statements such as "I don't know where they would be without my children" are grouped in one of three Categories:

1: Full of Sh%t
2: Possess a nanny
3: Often away from Home i.e Work,Military
4. Don't have a lot of internal satisfaction such that they extract personal fulfillment through their kids. Their kids are their accomplishment. They don't have a life - their kids are their lives.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:25 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
My wife and I don't have children.
We don't hate them but we knew we would be far better off financially without the burden of them.

I'm stating this as a matter of fact that we have far more money and look much younger than our mid forties counterparts with children.
I'm very sure we are much much happier then those that constantly worry about money and about the welfare of a child or children.

In life you need to know what you want and then stay with your decision.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My wife and I don't have children.
We don't hate them but we knew we would be far better off financially without the burden of them.

I'm stating this as a matter of fact that we have far more money and look much younger than our mid forties counterparts with children.
I'm very sure we are much much happier then those that constantly worry about money and about the welfare of a child or children.

In life you need to know what you want and then stay with your decision.
I have always utilized the term Burden in context to children and have received stares,glares,etc... However by definition Children are in fact a BURDEN. I will be the first to admit; I see life without children Blissful.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I thni it depends o just how well teh children tured out.But nprmally I think people lovde3d havig children especailly has they aged. Its lke askig a eskimo if they like the beqch sand. One can imagine many thigs both ways but its not like the experience.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thni it depends o just how well teh children tured out.But nprmally I think people lovde3d havig children especailly has they aged. Its lke askig a eskimo if they like the beqch sand. One can imagine many thigs both ways but its not like the experience.
Are you typing in code

Old 05-16-2012, 05:53 PM

It should have appended

- from my POS Apple dumbphone

Old 05-16-2012, 05:55 PM

Giving you a hardtime. my phone does the same trash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates