Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 01:38 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Oh really?

If you read my post, I stated "these killings", regarding Oregon, sand hook, columbine, Colorado theatre, Virginia tech etc.etc.
I am not saying other mass killings only happen with guns, but guns seem to be the predominant mo, so let's once and for all, get rid of ONE of the sources of these mass killings.

If you want to protect your property, go get yourself a well trained German Shepherd.
Best protection against home invasion.
My Shepherd lets no one on the property without my say so.

Bob.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:44 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
You keep your shepherd.
I'll keep my constitutional rights.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:56 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Well, I did say it would take time

It was stated in one of the post above the guns were purchased legally etc.
If there were no guns to purchase, this terrible event would never have happened, and all the other mass killings would never have happened.
That is a rather simple deduction, and any one who can't see, and understand that has to be blind to the obvious.

Bob.
If there were no guns to be purchased, that will still leave approximately 320 million of them on the streets of America. Each one lasts for generations.
Also, anyone with a CNC machine can make firearms, so not selling them legally will create a huge and lucrative black market. Guns would flow from the Mexican border like drugs do now.
Firearms will never disappear and as long as criminals can get their hands on them, law abiding folks will desire to have the ability to protect their families.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
If you read my post, I stated "these killings", regarding Oregon, sand hook, columbine, Colorado theatre, Virginia tech etc.etc.
I am not saying other mass killings only happen with guns, but guns seem to be the predominant mo, so let's once and for all, get rid of ONE of the sources of these mass killings.

If you want to protect your property, go get yourself a well trained German Shepherd.

Bob.
Do German shepherds have bullet proof fur?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
Once again, gun people simply DO NOT CARE about the senseless death and mayhem that guns cause. Who is surprised by this?
They care deeply about innocent people being killed by crazies and thugs. Thats why they demand the ability to defend their families. They dont want to become one of these innocent victims.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
If there were no guns to be purchased, that will still leave approximately 320 million of them on the streets of America. Each one lasts for generations.
Also, anyone with a CNC machine can make firearms, so not selling them legally will create a huge and lucrative black market. Guns would flow from the Mexican border like drugs do now.
Firearms will never disappear and as long as criminals can get their hands on them, law abiding folks will desire to have the ability to protect their families.

A couple of little tid bits you failed to see in my adopting repealing the second amendment.
You state if guns were not sold there would still be 320 million around.
Not so, the congress, once the amendment to repeal is passed, would order the army to mobilize throughout the country, and confiscate all guns in the hands of citizens, so that action would rule out anyone owning a gun.

The penalty for having one after the congress rule, would be 25 years in prison, and if the gun were used in the commission of a crime, that would carry a lifetime sentence in federal prison.
I DO believe any one would be a complete fool, black market or not, to be found with a gun.

Bob.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:30 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
Quote:
A couple of little tid bits you failed to see in my adopting repealing the second amendment.
Not so, the congress, once the amendment to repeal is passed, would order the army to mobilize throughout the country, and confiscate all guns in the hands of citizens, so that action would rule out anyone owning a gun.

The penalty for having one after the congress rule, would be 25 years in prison, and if the gun were used in the commission of a crime, that would carry a lifetime sentence in federal prison.
I DO believe any one would be a complete fool, black market or not, to be found with a gun.

Bob.
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Do German shepherds have bullet proof fur?

For sure they do not, but they are most definitely one of the best deterrents to someone trying to enter your property.
A few years back, I had an altercation with someone who came on my property, and he was quick to retreat when I walked out into the yard with my shepherd by my side.
The Shepherd is confrontational by nature when approached by unwanted intrusion, and this situation was quickly quelled when the intruder decided he did not want to take on my Shepherd.
Bob.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:56 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:

Bob.

I concur get rid of GFZ's!!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 02:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:

Bob.

Are you prepared for the blood shed and unrest in this country that would cause? In other words you're advocating the slaughter of once law abiding gun owners if they don't comply! Because that is exactly what would happen! I'm not interested in this country going to hell and a hand basket because you and others like you are scared of people exercising their right to own guns! Focus on those who commit criminal acts with them, and eliminate them from society, and leave those of us who have done nothing wrong the hell alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates