Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:59 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times

Advertisements

I think the trend is slowly starting to shift away from circumcision as a norm and perhaps one day it won't be done at all.

I'm snipped, and growing up, there was some leering in the lockerroom towards the guys who were not snipped, and comments from girls we knew that unsnipped was "gross". Most of the guys I knew were circumcised however, so as with anything, the odd man out is usually ridiculed. I do remember distinctly a lot of girls during my teenage and college years would comment on how a circumcised penis was preferred during...well we won't get into detail. Again, this was my experience and what I saw.

My g/f and I each have a son around age 2. One is snipped, one is not. I notice that a little extra attention needs to be paid to keeping the unsnipped guy's penis a little cleaner, or a little redness appears at the end of the foreskin area. Hasn't progressed much beyond that yet, and really not a huge deal. I wish I could come back after 10-15 years and report on differences over the years (if any) in terms of cleanliness, infections, etc.

Personal opinion here. I prefer being snipped, however, I have nothing to correlate it to of course since I was a baby when it was done. BUT, I prefer the look of it, and sex still feels plenty good despite the loss of the nerve endings on the foreskin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 10:03 AM

564 posts, read 747,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslandJake1995 View Post
I am circumcised, my sons will be too, and from being in locker rooms and doing sports all throughout HS I have never seen a white person who isn't, and every girl I know considers uncut to be a turn off. If you are white and you don't want your son to be a the "wierd penis guy" in the locker room and to not be humiliated during his first sexual encounter when the girl says "ewww" then do it. If you don't, he will want to do it but be too scared to do it. There is no science behind it, it's just better looking and a cultural norm here amongst white people in the United States. It's easier maintenance, there is no pulling anything back you just clean it the same way you clean your thumb.
Quote:
I think it actually looks nauseating uncut, like a cucumber wearing an oversized turtleneck. I actually knew a girl when I was in senior year who dumped her boyfriend because he was an immigrant from Ireland and uncut and he wouldn't get the snip
Quote:
I am not doubting it feels better to be uncut if you're a guy. More skin = more nerves, but the thing is you will have less of a chance of feeling anything because no girl will touch that
Haha, you seem really hung up on the girl thing, so hung up in fact that it sounds like you're making it up and that you don't really know what you're talking about.

I'm not American but live in the US now and I'm not circumcised, I've slept with plenty of girls here and do you know how many times that has been an issue? Zero. No girl here has ever not slept with me because of it, none, it's just a non issue completely. Only once a girl has mentioned it out of curiosity just because she had never seen an uncircumcised penis, and that was it.

And you would really cut your child because "kids will laugh at my son in the locker room"? Is that your reason? Even if you had used health reasons to justify it you'd still be wrong, but at least it would be because you were worried about your kids health, but because a couple of kids might say something in the locker room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
You should probably stop looking at other men's junk if it bothers you so much.
Yeah, it sounds like he has a bigger problem with other men's uncut penises than women.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:13 AM

231 posts, read 402,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Haha, you seem really hung up on the girl thing, so hung up in fact that it sounds like you're making it up and that you don't really know what you're talking about.

I'm not American but live in the US now and I'm not circumcised, I've slept with plenty of girls here and do you know how many times that has been an issue? Zero. No girl here has ever not slept with me because of it, none, it's just a non issue completely. Only once a girl has mentioned it out of curiosity just because she had never seen an uncircumcised penis, and that was it.

And you would really cut your child because "kids will laugh at my son in the locker room"? Is that your reason? Even if you had used health reasons to justify it you'd still be wrong, but at least it would be because you were worried about your kids health, but because a couple of kids might say something in the locker room?

Yeah, it sounds like he has a bigger problem with other men's uncut penises than women.
A lot of people do things for visuals, if my kid a harmless mole on his face I would get it removed too cause it looks better. Everyone wants their kid to look normal and also be attractive to women. I get the skeevies thinking about it, doesn't it smell??

Old 04-14-2015, 10:15 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,611 times
You seem to be thinking about it a lot.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:33 AM

231 posts, read 402,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
You seem to be thinking about it a lot.
Well it's the topic of the thread. Don't be a baby. I am just saying it's cruel to not do it to your kid, maybe it's location dependent but yuck it's something you cant unsee like the eyeball scene in hostel

Old 04-14-2015, 11:14 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
If you're in a locker room it's kind of hard not to see, also in any adult movie. It's just gross.
How do you know if you've never seen one?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:24 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,831,526 times
Circumcision rates in this country are falling. I believe it's about 50/50, maybe even less now.

In most other countries, people do not circumcise.

My husband is circumcised, but we opted to leave our son intact. We have NO regrets. It's his body, and cutting off a piece of his genitals just didn't seem right. If he wants to be circumcised later on in life, it will be HIS choice.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:12 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,503 times
My question is, if *not* being circumcised is so harmful and causes all these diseases and infections why did males evolve to include it? I think the idea of being circumcised as being more healthy is almost completely without merit. Sure, if as an adult you start to have a problem then by all means get yourself circumcised but the vast majority of men out there don't need it. There are whole countries of mostly un-circumcised men who have *somehow* survived *and* been found attractive to their partners.

I agree that circumcision is purely a cultural norm and its changing in the U.S. Anyone who gets this procedure done on their son isn't doing him any favors.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:38 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
Quote:
I get the skeevies thinking about it, doesn't it smell??

Just like female parts have their own particular smell when clean and healthy, so do the male parts. It's not a bad thing.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:47 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
No circumcision in this camp. Not because of religious reasons, but because a man deserves to get all the pleasure he can get from sex, and not having the covering over the head of the penis causes a loss of sensation over time because of friction.
It's not just friction. There are a lot of nerve endings in the foreskin that are removed during circumcision. It's a marvel to me that in this day and age people can still justify genital mutilation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates