Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,531,436 times

Advertisements

"We've been there for 25 years, and our methods failed, therefore it's YOUR fault"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 06:33 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Why are the atheist folks so bitter? Is it because their godless methods have failed Africa for 25 years? I know, I know. Let's blame religion.
I'm not blaming anybody, can't say the same for you though, can we?

I'm not bitter either but you just keep making it up as you go along, which is of no consequence to me.

I'm sorry you are unable to weigh up what has been said and make up your own mind, and I'm sorry that you appear incapable of judging when your fearless leader is right or wrong. NONE of it has any bearing on the subject at hand though does it?

I have stated that I think the Pope is way off base with his comments and I've provided you with countless links showing that other people right around the world agree with me, athiests, christians AND other CATHOLICS.

We can snipe back and forth about it endlessly but quite frankly I'm bored.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,474 times
1) the idea that condoms have done nothing is wrong, we just do not have a statistic for how many people have been protected by using condoms. How do you think we have relatively stemmed the spread of aids in the civilized world???

2) Its presumptuous to say that since you can remain celibate everyone else should, what you can do in your culture is very different from what you can do in theirs. Unless you live in Africa and are remaining celibate your point is mute.

3) Maybe religion does need to have a role in Africa, I personally do not believe in it but I also believe it has played a role in allowing society to become civilized. I do not see how Western civilization could have happened without the Church. And if we think more societies need to be like us then I think we have to allow religion. But I really do not like the Catholic church, mainly because it has a leader that tells its followers what to do and believe, so I would advocate more of a protestant type religion.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I'm not blaming anybody, can't say the same for you though, can we?

I'm not bitter either but you just keep making it up as you go along, which is of no consequence to me.

I'm sorry you are unable to weigh up what has been said and make up your own mind, and I'm sorry that you appear incapable of judging when your fearless leader is right or wrong. NONE of it has any bearing on the subject at hand though does it?

I have stated that I think the Pope is way off base with his comments and I've provided you with countless links showing that other people right around the world agree with me, athiests, christians AND other CATHOLICS.

We can snipe back and forth about it endlessly but quite frankly I'm bored.
It's funny. You say the pope is wrong, but you can't even get what he said right. He didn't say Africans should be celibate; he said they should be monogamous. The only people who challenge that commonsense idea are the godless folks. And nobody respects atheists anyway. What's to respect about a group of people that neither sets nor acheives any set of standards? Certainly no practicing Catholic, by definition, would disagree with monogamy.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 AM

Isn't it interesting that liberal atheists, whose methods have failed in Africa, not only refuse to accept blame, but instead blame Christians whose methods have not been tried.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
It's funny. You say the pope is wrong, but you can't even get what he said right. He didn't say Africans should be celibate; he said they should be monogamous. The only people who challenge that commonsense idea are the godless folks. And nobody respects atheists anyway. What's to respect about a group of people that neither sets nor acheives any set of standards? Certainly no practicing Catholic, by definition, would disagree with monogamy.
Can you not READ??????

I didn't say he said Africans should be celibate I said he was.

Look it's apparent that you are incapable of not making this personal and that you intend to continue being rude and insulting and ignorant.

I suggest you head off to confession and say your 3 hail mary's and 2 how's your fathers and maybe learn to self regulate a little.

I'm done. You are not the kind of practicing Catholic that I have any respect for.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Can you not READ??????

I didn't say he said Africans should be celibate.
Quote:
HOW LONG will it take for the Catholic church hierachy to wake up that people are not going to stop having sex OR feel the need to marry in order to do so OR consider the Pope's thoughts on the matter worth following?
WHY are these people in charge of anything?
Nice job, changing your story.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Nice job, changing your story.
hahahaha!

Yep! Of course that's what happened.

Is english your second language?

Old 04-10-2009, 10:08 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,474 times
Quote:
Isn't it interesting that liberal atheists, whose methods have failed in Africa, not only refuse to accept blame, but instead blame Christians whose methods have not been tried.
Christians have been in Africa for a long time, and I don't see them doing any better than the "liberal athiests". I would be surprised if very many of those volunteers trying to help in Africa were atheists if any are at all. To blame this on any one particular group is ignorant and pointless. How about we admit that neither the church nor the "liberal atheists" has this right because NEITHER side is succeeding.

and I think its interesting, that the Church has all this interest in Africa when it has not had an African Pope since the 5th century... the 5TH

Old 04-10-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
Christians have been in Africa for a long time, and I don't see them doing any better than the "liberal athiests". I would be surprised if very many of those volunteers trying to help in Africa were atheists if any are at all. To blame this on any one particular group is ignorant and pointless. How about we admit that neither the church nor the "liberal atheists" has this right because NEITHER side is succeeding.

and I think its interesting, that the Church has all this interest in Africa when it has not had an African Pope since the 5th century... the 5TH
Gee, you can't keep your story straight. First, Christians have been in Africa for a long time, then it's the Church doesn't have an interst in Africa because they haven't had an African pope in a long time.

I am wondering if you have ever heard of uh, Islam? That's the so-called religion that has dominated Africa.

Yeah, the church is interested in Africa because we are interested in all suffering people. We're damn tired of watching the liberal atheists fail in their message of free sex and free condoms. The pope wants to get into their spirituality and stop AIDS that way. And what do you liberals do? Blast him. Insult him. Criticize his message. You would rather your failed methods keep on killing Africans that dare let a (gasp) religious message get through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates