Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:29 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times

Advertisements

Odd that CO2's turrible danger was just discovered a couple of years ago at most.

How an adult could call CO2 a greenhouse gas, while keeping a straight face, means they are either woefully uninformed or, like Gore, a pathological liar on a mission of self-aggrandizement.

Three cheers for the Wyoming Senator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 01:58 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Odd that CO2's turrible danger was just discovered a couple of years ago at most.

How an adult could call CO2 a greenhouse gas, while keeping a straight face, means they are either woefully uninformed or, like Gore, a pathological liar on a mission of self-aggrandizement.

Educated adults have known about this issue for about 20 years. Moderator cut: No insults or personal attacks

Educated adults know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas because the went to school long enough to absorb some science. Moderator cut: No insults or personal attacks

Last edited by vec101; 05-14-2009 at 02:51 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 02:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post

Wait until they realize that al-Gore has been lying his can off.

The whole ridiculous house of cards will come crashing down.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Educated adults have known about this issue for about 20 years. Hillbillies, not so long.

Educated adults know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas because the went to school long enough to absorb some science. Hillbillies, not so long.
Hillbillies and farmers know that CO2 is a building block of life. No plants can survive without it.

Educated people seem to forget this little salient fact.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
David Frum has an excellent article today in The Weekly, which exposes the fraud of cap and trade for what it is and how the current money trail is a boon to many electrical producers ... in the hundreds of millions of dollars range ....

rather than focused upon the alleged goal of less pollution.

Again, this is a pure scam and wealth transfer scheme being foisted upon the public in the guise of an urgently needed fix that only the government can orchestrate. All you have to do is follow the money, which is not going to go to it's stated justification to collect from the people.

I'm just waiting all this out to see how much it will impact my costs of production of essential goods.

The educated can sit in the dark in their homes if need be, but they still have to eat. Wait until you see the costs of food in the near term when production "energy costs skyrocket" ... Obama's word, not mine. Us hillbillies ... you can call us the names you want, rlchurch ... will have the last laugh. Unless you think you're going to grow all the food you need right there in the city in little garden patches and hydroponically in your houses, apartments, and townhomes ... we will remember how the cap and trade affected us and who voted it in. I can survive a long time on my independent food production until you educated folks are ready to pay my price for the goods. It won't be cheap anymore ....

Old 05-14-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hillbillies and farmers know that CO2 is a building block of life. No plants can survive without it.

Educated people seem to forget this little salient fact.
Excess C02 will kill you. All things in moderation.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post

The educated can sit in the dark in their homes if need be, but they still have to eat. Wait until you see the costs of food in the near term when production "energy costs skyrocket" ... Obama's word, not mine. Us hillbillies ... you can call us the names you want, rlchurch ... will have the last laugh. Unless you think you're going to grow all the food you need right there in the city in little garden patches and hydroponically in your houses, apartments, and townhomes ... we will remember how the cap and trade affected us and who voted it in. I can survive a long time on my independent food production until you educated folks are ready to pay my price for the goods. It won't be cheap anymore ....
I have to tell you, I'm not losing any sleep over the farmers of this country going on a production strike. If the cost of a clean environment is more expensive food, then we will all step up and pay it. If we eat less and lose a little weight, it will be a double benefit.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I have to tell you, I'm not losing any sleep over the farmers of this country going on a production strike. If the cost of a clean environment is more expensive food, then we will all step up and pay it. If we eat less and lose a little weight, it will be a double benefit.
The only people that will suffer are the suburbanites and the cities. The farmers and ranchers will take care of themselves first.

Enjoy the famine.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Excess C02 will kill you. All things in moderation.
I don't think the atmosphere will ever get that toxic no matter how you portray your doom and gloom message.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:57 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The only people that will suffer are the suburbanites and the cities. The farmers and ranchers will take care of themselves first.

Enjoy the famine.
Hmmm, good point.
Hillbillies know how to farm and have the land to do it, can hunt, cut firewood, etc. - as ole Hank Jr. says "A country boy can survive".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living